HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mon - Atl

Old
09-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelVecchio View Post
At Kovalchuk's level?? Who cares about all the other dross the OP throws in. Make it hurt or don't play.
If we had something at Kovalchuk's level, chances are we would keep him. That's why in a big trade, one team gets the quality, the other the quantity.

Thing is Atlanta is receiving wayyyyy too much quantity and quality which makes that trade totally lopsided in favor of Atlanta who even with Kovalchuk will not be going anywhere this year. There are in a rebuilding mode and that trade is just the answer for them. But as far as our Habs are concerned, this is just totally insane.

If you think that trade doesn't hurt us....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 03:15 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownking View Post
Wait the Kosti brothers dont count as roster players
Mon needs to give up more though for Kovalchuck
whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

We give our top 2 prospects, the kostitsyn brothers and a 1st round pick for Kovalchuk and you think it not enough???

I would not offer that much for Lecavalier !

Kovalchuk is a premium scorer in the NHL but his defensive game is absolutely awful.

And since when the Habs absolutely need Kovalchuk? Why should we trade all our prospect for this one-way player? Kovalchuk is FAR from being as good and complete as Ovechkin.

We had the best offense last season without Kovalchuk. We can easily live without him.

IMO Andrei, Sergei, Max Pac and McDonagh >>>> Kovalchuk.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
How about the Habs trade the Thrashers some players that won't be playing in the KHL in a couple of seasons.

I love those two brothers, but the risk of them leaving the NHL is too great to make them the centerpiece of a Kovalchuk trade.
After having to play with the garbage he has on the Thrashers I think there is a greater chance of Kovalchuk bolting to the KHL moreso than the Kostitsyns.

Andrei supposedly had offers from KHL teams but turned them down to sign a new 3-year deal with Montreal this off-season and when Sergei was asked about Radulov leaving he responded by saying "Leave the best league in the world? No thanks."

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Lux Aurumque*

LOL.

Note to people: Stop making Kovalchuk proposals. All of them seem to end up with Atlanta being terribly ripped off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
Kovalchuk is a premium scorer in the NHL but his defensive game is absolutely awful.
Somebody obviously hasn't seen Kovalchuk play a single shift over the last three years.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 03:39 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Aurumque View Post
LOL.

Note to people: Stop making Kovalchuk proposals. All of them seem to end up with Atlanta being terribly ripped off.
'cept this one.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:
LOL.

Somebody obviously hasn't seen Kovalchuk play a single shift over the last three years.
MTL gets ripped off in this trade. What more can you honestly expect to get for Kovy? Although I do agree that his defensive game isn't as bad as some make it out to be.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 03:44 PM
shao01

Quote:
LOL.

How about we keep our "crap" and you keep your precious Kovalchuk?

shao01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Burty34

Obviously to get a player like Kovalchuk, you are going to have to give up a lot. But MTL has depth as an advantage and they need to use it. Key prospects in Pacioretty and McDonagh are going to be needed down the line and the Kostitsyn brothers keep getting better and have great chemistry within the team already. The line of Plecks, Kovy, and AK know where each other are all the time, its amazing to watch. Throw in players like Tanguay to the mix of an already solid offensive team and there really is no need to be trigger happy to bring in a player that will not match the production of the Kostitsyns together this year! Plus, how much did Kovalchuk do in the '07 playoffs? Maybe we should ask Avery.

Burty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Garo

How about both teams keep their players.

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Riggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLHabsAK46 View Post
You don't get all-star players that are not on hte block for anything less than a gross overpayment.
Tell that to the Florida Panthers. See: Jokinen and Luongo trades.

Riggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 04:05 PM
Riggins

Quote:
LOL.

I think you'll have to get used to them over the next couple years, because if he has a half a brain in his head he's leaving that organization.

Riggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 04:05 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn3 View Post
'cept this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan1 View Post
MTL gets ripped off in this trade. What more can you honestly expect to get for Kovy? Although I do agree that his defensive game isn't as bad as some make it out to be.
Wrong. Atlanta gets killed in this trade. What do I expect to get? Um...an actual first liner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shao01 View Post
Good plan.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeMmEr To LuPuL View Post
LOL you're one of the biggest homers on this site...no one cares about what you say...
And everyone cares about what you have to say since you've brought up many great points (while using excellent grammar and vocabulary) in this thread.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 04:12 PM
elsubz

Quote:
Wrong. Atlanta gets killed in this trade. What do I expect to get? Um...an actual first liner?

Good plan.

would you rather replace the kost brothers for Kovalev and Tanguay then?

What the hell do you expect to get for Kovalchuk? Ovechkin? Crosby?

You won't get any better then this offer thats for sure.

elsubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 04:16 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shao01 View Post
amen . Habs were the best offensive team of the NHL last season ; I think that Habs can survive without Kovalchuk .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
How bout we look at this realistically? AK should be a 30-35 goal scorer in his prime, and SK probably 20-25. AK really isn't that far away from his potential (50 goals, 90 points?? LOL).

Together, they should be good for 50-60 goals together, and maybe 120ish points. With Kovalchuk, you get 45-60 goals a year, playing with skilled players (which MTL has), and 90+ points. You get all that in ONE player, one roster spot. That means, you just need to replace about 5 goals and 30 points in one top-6 roster spot. Not very difficult at all. Heck, Begin could do that.
Andrei has potential to score alot more then 30 goals a season, he just came off his first full season, half season if you consider the fact that he wasn't doing much before january and scored 26, he's very far from from achieving his full potential, he still has problems on taking the right decisions when we he has the puck, i said maybe 50 goals, but 40 he will do it guaranteed, atleast once in his career. Losing Maxpac and Mcdonagh means we lose a future 1st/2nd line powerforward and a #1/#2 defensmen witch we both don't have in quantities on our depth chart, it's simply way too much for Kovalchuk

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
LOL.

well SOAB, i can't believe somebody would actually say that with the proposal in this thread

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 04:32 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
LOL.

If you think that this trade rips of Atlanta, you may want to start watching a few Hab games yourself.

I've seen Kovalchuk play quite a few times over the past three years, and he doesn't hold a candle to either Kostitsyn brother when it comes to defense. If you think Kovalchuk plays defence well, you may want to take off your rose coloured glasses.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 04:34 PM
DelVecchio

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
would you rather replace the kost brothers for Kovalev and Tanguay then?

What the hell do you expect to get for Kovalchuk? Ovechkin? Crosby?

You won't get any better then this offer thats for sure.
Take out the picks and prospects which Atlanta doesn't need or want;
And then keep adding NHL players until someone in Atlanta says yes.

I'd suggest starting with Komisarek and Higgins and then add some players. If you're that anxious to get rid of the Kostitsyns then add them onto a realistic offer.

DelVecchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:

I'd suggest starting with Komisarek and Higgins and then add some players. If you're that anxious to get rid of the Kostitsyns then add them onto a realistic offer.
lol, won't happen. And anyone can tell me since when having Kovalchuk in our lineup is a need??? Why the hell should we give that much for this guy.

Old
09-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Quote:

Komisarek, Higgins, AK, SK for Kovy?

I would be pretty happy if the Habs did that.

Old
09-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
lol, won't happen. And anyone can tell me since when having Kovalchuk in our lineup is a need??? Why the hell should we give that much for this guy.
I guess it guarantees MTL a cup...According to some.

Old
09-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan1 View Post
I guess it guarantees MTL a cup...According to some.
I think the real trade would be Kovalchuk for Andrei, Sergei, Max Pac, McDonagh and Tavares

Old
09-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Fozz

Kovalchuk is a great scorer but he brings very little else to the table. His defensive game is very ordinary and does he have any leadership qualities? If he was such a great player, why would the Trashers be so bad? A single player isn't worth all those great present and future assets the Habs would give up in this trade.

Those that think that Kovalchuk should bring a greater return will just have to wait until next year and loose him to a package similar to what Hossa returned.

Fozz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 05:27 PM
Chelios The Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne08 View Post
Mon:
Kovalchuk

Atl:
McDonaugh
A.K 46
S.K
1st 09
Max Pacioretty

Montreal Stanley Cup Champs

Flame away!
Just too funny to even comment, why not add Price so we can make this even more ridiculous!

I think you are overevaluating Kovalchuk no one will give that much for a player that plays only when he feels like it!

Chelios The Great is offline   Reply With Quote