HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phoenix-Nashville

Old
09-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

vCash: 500
In the opinion of you Nashville guys, what would be needed to balance out the value, while still focusing the trade on Reinprecht and Klein (and Nichols if possible). Oh, and keep in mind Phoenix isn't willing to give away youth, 1st rounders or anything along those lines.

09-01-2008, 09:43 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
No, Reinprecht is not a particularly strong face off man.
Then the proposal in question is answered with a polite "no, thank you." Nichol is THE best faceoff guy on the team and we can't afford to lose him unless we bring another faceoff guy back or maybe sign Yanic Perreault to play on the 4th line.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 10:02 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
In the opinion of you Nashville guys, what would be needed to balance out the value, while still focusing the trade on Reinprecht and Klein (and Nichols if possible). Oh, and keep in mind Phoenix isn't willing to give away youth, 1st rounders or anything along those lines.
Reinprecht is a solid performer when he's healthy, but he's missed a lot of games in his career, including 78 since the lockout. We already have Sullivan so I don't think Poile would want a player in that same boat in Reinprecht. But if we could get some sort of insurance from Phoenix (say a 4th round pick or something) on Reinprecht playing, let's say 70 games (or being cleared to play for 70 games to avoid the possibility of the Preds abusing such a condition to get an extra pick), I would do it. But quite frankly, I think Klein is oozing with potential, plus he signed a two-year contract in July, so I tend to think the organization has plans for him. He's one of those players that has more value to his team than to another.

I would rather put together a package of Klein + for Doan, myself.

Old
09-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I would rather put together a package of Klein + for Doan, myself.
And there ends the discussion.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 12:34 AM
Kyle003p

Quote:
Then the proposal in question is answered with a polite "no, thank you." Nichol is THE best faceoff guy on the team and we can't afford to lose him unless we bring another faceoff guy back or maybe sign Yanic Perreault to play on the 4th line.

would you have any intrest in Zigomanis? Doesn't do much else, but he can win face-offs with the best of them... Actually, I think he learned from Yanic when he was in the desert...

Kyle003p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 12:59 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
And there ends the discussion.
Don't worry, unlike Leafs fans I fully understand the ludicrousy of that idea. I was going for sarcasm without the for once because I'm getting sick of that stupid thing.

Quote:
would you have any intrest in Zigomanis? Doesn't do much else, but he can win face-offs with the best of them... Actually, I think he learned from Yanic when he was in the desert...
Meh... I'm still inclined to keep Nichol. He does it all for this organization and can fill in on the third line in a pinch. He has tremendous speed and shows a willingness to play physical despite his small stature (although sometimes he lets his temper get the better of him). He's had one of the better faceoff percentages in the league for the last two years and is a strong veteran presence on the team.

Not really a great player, but one of those guys who can do anything you need him to do, to a point. He wins faceoffs, kills penalties, scores the occasional goal and keeps the other team on their toes with solid forechecking and physical play.

Old
09-02-2008, 05:33 AM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
The track record of OK offensive production and frequent serious injuries? How would that convince a rebuilding team to bench a kid? Reiprecht hasn't accomplished much in the NHL and he isn't all that likely to stay in one piece over the next few seasons. The chances that the Isles would give him icetime in front of Okposo, Bergenheim, and Comeau is nil.

BTW, why are we still talking about the Isles? Islanders are not part of this trade thread.
Why? Because you claim it's not even debateable but I have the right to point out the errors in your argument such as the 2 in 10 seasons "stat" you presented and I'd also say the fact that Reinprecht has consistantly been a top six forward on several teams is pretty strong evidence he would do it again. Nor do you seem to understand what kind of player Reinprecht is.. first pigeonholing him as a checking forward, talking about faceoffs, and then losing your temper and ragging on him as a lousy scoring forward. I've told you what kind of player he is, but you continue to ignore it.

If you didnt notice, the Coyotes have been a rebuilding team as well and Reinprecht still was used as a top six forward. He has consistantly earned and performed that role on every team he's been on regardless of whether they're contenders or rebuilders. You are going against that to make your claims.. even going so far as to say he might be a 4th liner on the Isles which is frankly, ludicruous when he would have been the 2nd highest scorer on the Isles last year and the alternatives are a bunch of 37 year olds, rookies and one-dimensional players. A coach would utterly inept not to use him.

Gwyddbwyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 07:00 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Reinprecht is a solid performer when he's healthy, but he's missed a lot of games in his career, including 78 since the lockout.
78?!?!? No, no, 36 since the lockout. Lockout, 80 games, 49 games, 81 games.

Quote:
But if we could get some sort of insurance from Phoenix (say a 4th round pick or something) on Reinprecht playing, let's say 70 games (or being cleared to play for 70 games to avoid the possibility of the Preds abusing such a condition to get an extra pick), I would do it.
Could be possible.

Quote:
But quite frankly, I think Klein is oozing with potential, plus he signed a two-year contract in July, so I tend to think the organization has plans for him. He's one of those players that has more value to his team than to another.
The newest proposal on the table was Reinprecht for de Vries and Nichol.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 07:28 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

RE: faceoffs

I had imagined Reinprecht as a top six winger with the Predators, until one of the young rookies were ready to take the job off of his hands. It looks, to me, as an outsider, like you've got Erat and Dumont as two of your top six wingers, and then some combo of Wilson, Pihlstrom, Hornqvist, and Jones battling for the other two top six wing positions. It seemed to me like you might want another vet. Then, you could slide one of the rookies down into a bit of a reduced role, and Smithson into that fourth line center, faceoff guy, penalty killer role, in the absence of Nichol.

Something along the lines of(and keep in mind I don't really follow the Preds')...

Erat-Arnott-Dumont
Reinprecht-Legwand-Jones/Hornqvist
Fiddler-Bonk-Hornqvist/Jones
Pihlstrom-Smithson-Tootoo
*Gratton-Peverly-Ortmeyer

Rhino is good for 45-50 points a year, if healthy, on a pretty consistant basis(his career Pts/G is just a hair better than Legwand's, for instance. Granted, Legwand is a couple of years younger). Like Legwand, he's a very good player in all three zones, as well, which would certainly be a help for an inexperienced rookie linemate, bound to make mistakes.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 08:18 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
78?!?!? No, no, 36 since the lockout. Lockout, 80 games, 49 games, 81 games.
But in 05/06 he only played 28 games with Ph... oh. Oops.

Quote:
The newest proposal on the table was Reinprecht for de Vries and Nichol.
Ah, okay. Hmm... any chance of a mid-round pick coming back also? Maybe a 3rd/4th?

Quote:
Erat-Arnott-Dumont
Reinprecht-Legwand-Jones/Hornqvist
Fiddler-Bonk-Hornqvist/Jones
Pihlstrom-Smithson-Tootoo
*Gratton-Peverly-Ortmeyer
That first line is okay, but won't work. Putting Erat on the first line, regardless of the presence of Reinprecht, makes us too easy to match up against and shut down. Also, trading Nichol would really eliminate the need for Pihlström to be on the team out of camp as Trotz wants the trio of Pihlström, Nichol, and Tootoo on one line. So, if we trade Nichol and De Vries for Reinprecht and let's say a 4th round pick (could be conditional if you prefer), then go out and sign Parrish our lines look like this:

Dumont-Arnott-Hörnqvist/Jones (Jones has the inside track - he's living with Arnott)
Erat-Legwand-Hörnqvist/Jones
Reinprecht-Bonk-Parrish
Fiddler-Smithson-Tootoo
Ortmeyer, Gratton

That team would likely make the playoffs but could stand to have an upgrade at #3 C (which is easy, just make a move at the deadline), but we now have veteran forward depth that can step in on the top two lines if the kids struggle out of the gate or in case of injury. Our defense would look like this:

Hamhuis-Suter
Weber-Klein
Zanon-Koistinen

... which is pretty solid. The 3rd pair is a little suspect but if things don't work out we can recall Sulzer, Laakso, or possibly even Franson and give them a shot at a job, and there are always options via trade (Schubert, Schneider, Sydor, someone from Carolina).

Trading for Reinprecht is certainly a gamble, but the organization seems to be taking several lately.

Old
09-02-2008, 02:12 PM
kivaerijo

Quote:
But in 05/06 he only played 28 games with Ph... oh. Oops.

Dumont-Arnott-Hörnqvist/Jones (Jones has the inside track - he's living with Arnott)
Erat-Legwand-Hörnqvist/Jones
Reinprecht-Bonk-Parrish
Fiddler-Smithson-Tootoo
Ortmeyer, Gratton

That team would likely make the playoffs but could stand to have an upgrade at #3 C (which is easy, just make a move at the deadline), but we now have veteran forward depth that can step in on the top two lines if the kids struggle out of the gate or in case of injury. Our defense would look like this:

Hamhuis-Suter
Weber-Klein
Zanon-Koistinen

... which is pretty solid. The 3rd pair is a little suspect but if things don't work out we can recall Sulzer, Laakso, or possibly even Franson and give them a shot at a job, and there are always options via trade (Schubert, Schneider, Sydor, someone from Carolina).

Trading for Reinprecht is certainly a gamble, but the organization seems to be taking several lately.
i would rather have reinprecht, than parrish. and would hate to lose nichol. have no problem losing senor slowpoke (de vries) except that we would have the youngest d corp in the history of the nhl.

but could be a pretty exciting team to watch.

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote