HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ducks/ATL/NYR

Closed Thread

Old
09-02-2008, 07:53 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinsane View Post
: I think NYR need some grit and offense.
So you're going to take their top goal-scorer from them in Drury and replace him with two guys who combined did not match Drury's numbers. Gotcha.

09-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Gooch

vCash: 692
lol this is awfull

Old
09-02-2008, 11:12 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinsane View Post
To Anaheim: Ilya Kovalchuk, Chris Drury

VS

To Atlanta: Francois Beauchemin, Petr Prucha, Ryan Getzlaf and Mark Mitera (Prospect)

To NYR: Todd Marchant and Colby Armstrong

Anaheim POV: Ilya Kovalchuk could be a nice add to Burke team. If you have Kovalchuk.. you don't need Selanne.. Drury replace Getzlaf plus he add some playoff experience and leadership.

Atlanta POV: They trade Kovalchuk for young but ready NHL player. They don't need something like Pronger..

NYR: I think NYR need some grit and offense.. Armstrong can be a solution.. He's better than Prucha.. plus clearing Drury salary is a good thing.. Marchant is your 3rd line center. Dubinsky on the 2nd.
What the hell?

Old
09-02-2008, 11:15 AM
AC Le Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao View Post
new york gets bent over

what he said

Old
09-02-2008, 11:17 AM
Selanne08*

No on so many counts.

Anaheim couldn't afford that. NYR gets bent over BAD. And does Atlanta was that group for Kovy? Getzlaf is nice but then 1 was prospect. I'm not so sure Atlanta does that all.

Old
09-02-2008, 11:22 AM
thedjpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky Leclerc View Post
How many GMs in the NHL would trade Getzlaf to get Kovalchuk? I say not many if any at all.
Wow, homer alert.

I'm pretty sure every GM in the league would deal Getzlaf for Kovalchuk, and then some.

Kovalchuk is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more valuable.

Old
09-02-2008, 11:24 AM
AC Le Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedjpd View Post
Wow, homer alert.

I'm pretty sure every GM in the league would deal Getzlaf for Kovalchuk, and then some.

agreed ten fold. kovy is nuts.

Old
09-02-2008, 11:31 AM
Jerky Leclerc

Quote:
Wow, homer alert.

A one-dimensional Russian scorer who has not led Atlanta to any success vs. a Canadien center who plays both ends of the ice and has led Anaheim to a Stanley Cup. I think you guys are truly fooling yourself if you think Kovalchuk is worth more to a NHL team than Ryan Getzlaf.

Old
09-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Judge Sauer*

Glarblefarghishnomnom.......makes as much sense as any other trade proposal on here so far.

Quote:
A one-dimensional Russian scorer who has not led Atlanta to any success vs. a Canadien center who plays both ends of the ice and has led Anaheim to a Stanley Cup. I think you guys are truly fooling yourself if you think Kovalchuk is worth more to a NHL team than Ryan Getzlaf.
Thanks for the insight. Made me forget that Selanne, Conn Smyth winner Niedermeyer, Penner and 02/03 Conn Smyth winner Giguere were on the team

Last edited by Judge Sauer*: 09-02-2008 at 11:42 AM.
Old
09-02-2008, 11:43 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Quote:
Wow, homer alert.

Not that I necessarily agree with their list, but TSN doesn't agree with you.

Old
09-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Judge Sauer*

I totally agree with that list, because if Waddell called up LA asking to trade Kovy for Brown, LA is going to laugh and hang up the phone

Old
09-02-2008, 01:44 PM
AC Le Rock

Quote:

Uhh, i guess you could say Lupul was responsible for "leading" the ducks to the WCF because he scored 4 goals in one game?? What did Getzlaf do that was so great that earns him that kind of recognition?

Put Kovy on a team as skilled as the ducks and let's see what numbers he coud put up. Everyone thought Hossa was a dud in the post season and then he's next to Crosby...we all know what happens next.

All i'm sayin is, put Getzlaf on Atlanta with no supporting cast for 4 years and see what his trade value is.

Old
09-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Pukboy5kroner

So, why do the Rangers have a vested interest in making sure Anahiem gets Kovalchuk?

This deal sucks in almost every way. Aquiring Drury and Kovi puts the Ducks even further above the cap; they shed about 8.75 million in salary, only to add 14.6 million. NY gets a couple 3rd line scrubs for their best goal scorer, and a guy coming off a bad season after scoring 22 and 30 goals in his first two years in the NHL

Old
09-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
what 'Gamebreakers' are on Atlanta other than Kovalchuk? none. how about Anaheim, hmm lets see Giguere, Pronger, Selanne, Perry, Neidermayer, should i keep going?

Old
09-02-2008, 03:58 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Le Rock View Post
Uhh, i guess you could say Lupul was responsible for "leading" the ducks to the WCF because he scored 4 goals in one game?? What did Getzlaf do that was so great that earns him that kind of recognition?

Put Kovy on a team as skilled as the ducks and let's see what numbers he coud put up. Everyone thought Hossa was a dud in the post season and then he's next to Crosby...we all know what happens next.

All i'm sayin is, put Getzlaf on Atlanta with no supporting cast for 4 years and see what his trade value is.
Oh, I don't know. Things like score the most points on the team, or lead the forwards in minutes played (21:43), or help kill off a number of critical 5-on-3's? Whereas Lupul was tied for 3rd in points, 5th in TOI, and didn't do a whole lot other than that 4 goal game (of which 3 goals were a direct result of Penner's work)?

I'm not going to argue about Getzlaf vs Kovalchuk. It's probably roughly even overall IMO, but maybe I'm biased. But from the perspective of the Ducks, Getzlaf is untouchable. I can't think of many other forwards in the NHL that better personifies Ducks hockey.

Old
09-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!

Ducks wouldn't trade Getzlaf for Kovalchuk. Getzlaf already is a steal on that contract, is locked up long-term, already has proven himself as a leader, and plus then that would leave BRENDAN MORRISON as our 1st line center. We have no centers really coming up in the system that will be ready within 3 years IMO to take over Getzlaf's position. Now, I'm not gonna argue who has more value, but someone is gonna have to pay Kovalcuk double what Getzlaf makes in 2 years.

Old
09-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Jerky Leclerc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
what 'Gamebreakers' are on Atlanta other than Kovalchuk? none. how about Anaheim, hmm lets see Giguere, Pronger, Selanne, Perry, Neidermayer, should i keep going?
Lets stop the "he is playing by himself" excuse because Atlanta has had some very good players alongside Kovalchuk in his career. Dany Heatley and Marian Hossa are two "insignificant" players who didn't help Kovalchuk pad his stats. Yeah right!

If all things remain the same and a NHL GM has to select either Ryan Getzlaf or Ilya Kovalchuk to lead his team in the playoffs, some of you guys are telling me they would rather pick Kovalchuk? Get real!

Old
09-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Lets stop the "he is playing by himself" excuse because Atlanta has had some very good players alongside Kovalchuk in his career. Dany Heatley and Marian Hossa are two "insignificant" players who didn't help Kovalchuk pad his stats. Yeah right!

If all things remain the same and a NHL GM has to select either Ryan Getzlaf or Ilya Kovalchuk to lead his team in the playoffs, some of you guys are telling me they would rather pick Kovalchuk? Get real!
I don't get to see too many Duck games, not as many as the Thrashers atleast. But when the Thrash are in town Kovalchuk is the most exciting/fun player to watch on the ice. I realize they are very very different types of players but if I was offered Getzlaf in a deal for Kovy I would want something else, nothing like a 1st or A prospect maybe like a 3rd and a mid lvl kid. Kovalchuk is a franchise player, can the same be said about Getzlaf at this point in his career?

Old
09-02-2008, 05:40 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
I don't get to see too many Duck games, not as many as the Thrashers atleast. But when the Thrash are in town Kovalchuk is the most exciting/fun player to watch on the ice. I realize they are very very different types of players but if I was offered Getzlaf in a deal for Kovy I would want something else, nothing like a 1st or A prospect maybe like a 3rd and a mid lvl kid. Kovalchuk is a franchise player, can the same be said about Getzlaf at this point in his career?
For other teams it might not be said about Getzlaf. But for the Ducks, absolutely yes.

Getzlaf has always been untouchable for the Ducks. There's been quotes and hints throughout franchise history. In 03, the Ducks needed a center. They agreed to ship just-drafted Perry for Comrie, not Getzlaf. When Burke joined the team, he mentioned that Anaheim had some nice assets built up by the previous regime, Getzlaf was 1 of a couple mentioned by name. In the 06 Getzlaf was completely off the table for Pronger. I believe he was named as untouchable at the 07 trade deadline. Burke has a known aversion to long-term contracts, and Getzlaf was the 1st (and 1 of 2) players to get 5+ years from Burke.

Old
09-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by obobo23 View Post
For other teams it might not be said about Getzlaf. But for the Ducks, absolutely yes.

Getzlaf has always been untouchable for the Ducks. There's been quotes and hints throughout franchise history. In 03, the Ducks needed a center. They agreed to ship just-drafted Perry for Comrie, not Getzlaf. When Burke joined the team, he mentioned that Anaheim had some nice assets built up by the previous regime, Getzlaf was 1 of a couple mentioned by name. In the 06 Getzlaf was completely off the table for Pronger. I believe he was named as untouchable at the 07 trade deadline. Burke has a known aversion to long-term contracts, and Getzlaf was the 1st (and 1 of 2) players to get 5+ years from Burke.
On ANY team Getzlaf is a franchise player. That's like saying that just because the Penguins have Crosby, that Malkin isn't a franchise player. HE IS.

Old
09-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Nich

i would say you have to wait a longer before calling him a franchise player....simply is not on the same level as malkin as well....

Old
09-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Enstrom39

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
This would make more sense:

ANA gets: Kovalchuk, Drury, Mara
NYR gets: Beauchemin, Armstrong, Bobby Ryan
ATL gets: Getzlaf, Ana 1st in 09, Prucha

Still not great but better...IMO

ATL gets beat in this I know....
Well if Kovalchuk leaves as a UFA that Getzlaf offer will start looking pretty good. How many years is he signed for?

Old
09-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Enstrom39

Quote:
...and Steve Yzerman was a one dimensional scorer who had won nothing for the first 8 years of his career on a weak Wings team.

Old
09-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
i would say you have to wait a longer before calling him a franchise player....simply is not on the same level as malkin as well....
wasn't comparing him to Malkin and I agree is not on his level. Just the point, that you can have more than 1 franchise player on a team.

Old
09-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Falconer View Post
Well if Kovalchuk leaves as a UFA that Getzlaf offer will start looking pretty good. How many years is he signed for?
5 years, with a cap hit of 5.325M.

Closed Thread