HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I am already liking Tanguay

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-02-2008, 11:48 AM
  #26
CH4
Registered User
 
CH4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,799
vCash: 500
Why is every treads end up with people proposing their lines?

Carbo always change them anyway, and the camp haven't started yet, it is a tread about Tanguay, not you're lines (there is 100 tread about that already!)

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 12:22 PM
  #27
Ra
satan is my homie
 
Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Erika Kostitsyn attack in 4..... 3......2.....
kostisyns' mother? Should I be scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
The same old bs arguments. If someone is ever critical of Saku in any way, it's because they're nothing but gullible fans brainwashed by evil media members. Can't be objective on the guy, nope, it's the media and stupid fans!
While it's mostly true, you can't deny that they have big influence on the fans and that Koivu has been "attacked" for no reasons other then it's the cool thing to do.

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 12:54 PM
  #28
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,208
vCash: 500
No one is above criticism but some of the criticisms of Koivu have been venomous. It's not illogical to infer that some of his critics on this board are echoing what they hear or read. Koivu may no longer be one of the best centers in the NHL but he's still very good, especially in the playoffs, and he's very important to his team. Apparently Tanguay realizes this because 1) he's a professional hockey player and 2) he's not a provincial crétin.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 01:00 PM
  #29
Haddock
Registered User
 
Haddock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moulinsart
Posts: 2,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra View Post
While it's mostly true, you can't deny that they have big influence on the fans and that Koivu has been "attacked" for no reasons other then it's the cool thing to do.
I agree to some extent. What I really hate is that any arguments made against him, his role or his plays gets derailed by his fanboys as unworthy because other people are using baseless arguments. Not everyone that's critical of him is a moron who's opinions are formed by listening to Michel Bergeron or Réjean Tremblay talk. We see the same thing when people bash Latendresse wich prompts others to claim that the kid is the second coming of Jeebus. Objectivity gets thrown out the window too often.


Last edited by Beakermania*: 09-02-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 01:20 PM
  #30
2112
Registered User
 
2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,867
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to 2112
#13 Alex Tanguay!

2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 01:35 PM
  #31
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I really like your top 2 lines, but I'm a little unsure of having Sergei as our 3rd line C. Plus I think Pacioretty might be better suited to start the year in Hamilton.

As for Tanguay's comment, I honestly think it was a smart move. He's going to have a fair amount of pressure on him already. No need to add more and have it come back and bite him in the ass a la Higgins.
Hmmm... for one of those rare occasions, I'll have to disagree with you.

I wanted to see the SKost/Chips/Lats line for the 3rd one, as Lats has chemistry with both of them. But if Chips isn't ready and if we don't add another center, given Lappy will play on the wing and Chips centering the 4th, I'd be truly curious to see what SKost could do with MaxPac on his left and Lats on his right. Not saying this is gonna be the starting lineup (although, his two first lines make sense - Higgy-Pleks-Kovy / Tangs-Koivu-AKost), but having SKost centering that line from the getgo will go a long way in making him confortable in this situation and later on, in a year or two, become a #1 or #2 center on the team. Also, the 3rd line, if Carbs runs 3 offensive lines, will be the one with the least defensive responsibilities and will serve to experiment young players.

Also, MaxPac might just pull a Lats at training camp. It would give BG more latitude to trade for a guy like Schneider.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 01:54 PM
  #32
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I really hope we get to see Tanguay-Koivu-Latendresse next year, i think Tanguay can become a mentor for Guillaume. Guillaume needs to play on thr right side and with playmakers, not grinders. I think for all 3 players that line is the perfect fit for them.




edit:5000 POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you have nothing to be congratulated after all the pimping you got talked about

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 02:02 PM
  #33
Habs10Habs
Retired
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,710
vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Hmmm... for one of those rare occasions, I'll have to disagree with you.

I wanted to see the SKost/Chips/Lats line for the 3rd one, as Lats has chemistry with both of them. But if Chips isn't ready and if we don't add another center, given Lappy will play on the wing and Chips centering the 4th, I'd be truly curious to see what SKost could do with MaxPac on his left and Lats on his right. Not saying this is gonna be the starting lineup (although, his two first lines make sense - Higgy-Pleks-Kovy / Tangs-Koivu-AKost), but having SKost centering that line from the getgo will go a long way in making him confortable in this situation and later on, in a year or two, become a #1 or #2 center on the team. Also, the 3rd line, if Carbs runs 3 offensive lines, will be the one with the least defensive responsibilities and will serve to experiment young players.

Also, MaxPac might just pull a Lats at training camp. It would give BG more latitude to trade for a guy like Schneider.
It definitely is possible that SKost could be a good center. He's got great vision, plus he's a very good passer. I guess I'm just hoping for a bigger, more of a two-way player to fill the #3 center spot.

As for MaxPac, true it is possible that he could surprise and make the team out of camp. But after watching Lats stumble a bit, I'm kind of hoping that since Max can be sent down. That the team takes advantage of putting him there to start the year and giving him top line minutes. Similar to what happened with SKost last year.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 03:24 PM
  #34
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
The best
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 58,128
vCash: 567
There's no way Max Pac should be on this team even if he has a very good camp. He's a year removed from the USHL, let's not forget that. Give him time to develop a little more.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 04:42 PM
  #35
Pax Macioretty
Registered User
 
Pax Macioretty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 15,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
you have nothing to be congratulated after all the pimping you got talked about
i beg your pardon? lol

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 05:25 PM
  #36
C-Saku Koivu MTL
Registered User
 
C-Saku Koivu MTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
There's no way Max Pac should be on this team even if he has a very good camp. He's a year removed from the USHL, let's not forget that. Give him time to develop a little more.
I have nothing against that. More so with the depth that we have, we should be able to take our time with him but I don't think the fact that he is a year remove from the USHL has anything to do with it.

Bergeron was 1 year remove from Midget AAA and made the Bruins as a 18 yo. If Pacioretty really forces the Habs hand during the camp, we'll see what happen. They might do the same as they did with Sergei, they might just keep him too.

It would suprise me to see him stick but who knows. Let his play dictate what will happen to him.

C-Saku Koivu MTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 07:52 PM
  #37
Crusher20
Registered User
 
Crusher20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Ecuador
Posts: 4,645
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
For the people who wonder why i put Max on the lineup.. its pretty much because i wasnt taking it seriously.. also as Carbo said he would use Sergei instead of sundin at center.. so i wonder.. who the hell could fit into a line with Sergei and latty.. and.. as in the recent years we have tried players in some intersting positions.. it might be do-able as Timmins seem VERY high on Pacs ability.

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 07:37 AM
  #38
ed ible*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 447
vCash: 500
Accordingly from Timmins Max was physically NHL ready as an 18 year old.
Well he is going to be 20 years old this year.....No reason why he cant play in the NHL.

ed ible* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 08:00 AM
  #39
Habs10Habs
Retired
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,710
vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed ible View Post
Accordingly from Timmins Max was physically NHL ready as an 18 year old.
Well he is going to be 20 years old this year.....No reason why he cant play in the NHL.
Being physically strong enough is definitely a plus. But even as a 20 year old, it's a big jump from the USHL to the NHL.

We have a strong enough team that there is no need to rush Max. So why not start him off in Hamilton and allow him to properly learn the professional game?

If he goes down and lights it up after a month or two, then you can create a roster spot on the Habs for him.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 08:09 AM
  #40
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,155
vCash: 500
The media always talk about everything and me, I'm always agreeing or disagreeing with them. Either way, it's good entertainment. I could not imagine it any other way. Sure they beat subject to the end but hey it is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Being physically strong enough is definitely a plus. But even as a 20 year old, it's a big jump from the USHL to the NHL.

We have a strong enough team that there is no need to rush Max. So why not start him off in Hamilton and allow him to properly learn the professional game?

If he goes down and lights it up after a month or two, then you can create a roster spot on the Habs for him.
I could not agree more. If anything we need a center.
Our roster is bulked on the 4th line...need a center for the third.


Last edited by Beakermania*: 09-03-2008 at 03:13 PM.
otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 09:48 AM
  #41
ed ible*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Being physically strong enough is definitely a plus. But even as a 20 year old, it's a big jump from the USHL to the NHL.

We have a strong enough team that there is no need to rush Max. So why not start him off in Hamilton and allow him to properly learn the professional game?

If he goes down and lights it up after a month or two, then you can create a roster spot on the Habs for him.

We will just have to see what he does in camp............cause I'm sure if he turns heads he stays.

ed ible* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 10:13 AM
  #42
JMMR
Registered User
 
JMMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,359
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed ible View Post
We will just have to see what he does in camp............cause I'm sure if he turns heads he stays.
Even if he scores a goal a game in pre season I still believe he will be sent down.
But around Christmas time or if a top 9 winger gets injured I could see him being top on the list for a call up.
Playing in Hamilton will allow him to play near 20 minutes a game which will be great for his stamina.
How many ganes in a USHL season?
I just want to know how amny more games he is going to play this year weather it be in the A or the big show.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 10:38 AM
  #43
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed ible View Post
Accordingly from Timmins Max was physically NHL ready as an 18 year old.
Well he is going to be 20 years old this year.....No reason why he cant play in the NHL.
No reason ? A guy could be " physically NHL ready " without having played one single minute of hockey in his life . That just means that he's big and strong .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
There's no way Max Pac should be on this team even if he has a very good camp. He's a year removed from the USHL, let's not forget that. Give him time to develop a little more.
i can't beleive how big the expectations are about Maxpac . He got a good 40 games season at the universisty and people are ready to put him on Habs first line and think he's the savior .

Here is the Habs perfect line up ;

Maxpac , Plekanec , Kovalev
Tangay , Koivu , Maxpac
Akost ,Skost , Maxpac
Higgins , Maxpac , Latendresse

(Chipchura, Kostopoulos )

Markov - Komisarek
Hammer - Maxpac
O'byrne- Gorges
( Bouillon- Brisebois )

Price - Maxpac -Halak

Maxpac + HF boards fans = Latendresse + french medias

poor Max !


Last edited by Beakermania*: 09-03-2008 at 03:17 PM.
goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 11:00 AM
  #44
Habs10Habs
Retired
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,710
vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed ible View Post
We will just have to see what he does in camp............cause I'm sure if he turns heads he stays.
Anything is possible, but I wouldn't be holding my breath if I were you.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 07:44 PM
  #45
Rayne*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,298
vCash: 500
I'd say wait until 09-10 before Maxpac has a serious shot at landing a permanent roster spot.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 08:15 PM
  #46
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
The best
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 58,128
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Even if he scores a goal a game in pre season I still believe he will be sent down.
But around Christmas time or if a top 9 winger gets injured I could see him being top on the list for a call up.
Playing in Hamilton will allow him to play near 20 minutes a game which will be great for his stamina.
How many ganes in a USHL season?
I just want to know how amny more games he is going to play this year weather it be in the A or the big show.
He played 60 USHL games in 06-07. Dunno if he was injured or not though.

He played 37 games at Michigan in 07-08 + a few WJC games.

So he could go from 40+ games to 80+ games in one year, after going from 60 to 40 in a year.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 08:29 PM
  #47
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
He played 60 USHL games in 06-07. Dunno if he was injured or not though.

He played 37 games at Michigan in 07-08 + a few WJC games.

So he could go from 40+ games to 80+ games in one year, after going from 60 to 40 in a year.

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 10:14 PM
  #48
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,208
vCash: 500
IMO the fans are being over-eager. I have high hopes for Pacioretty but I don't think he's NHL-ready right now. If he had Stamkos-type talent to go with his size, I'd say sure, but let's be realistic in our expectations.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 10:50 PM
  #49
Ra
satan is my homie
 
Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
He played 60 USHL games in 06-07. Dunno if he was injured or not though.

He played 37 games at Michigan in 07-08 + a few WJC games.

So he could go from 40+ games to 80+ games in one year, after going from 60 to 40 in a year.
Just like with O'byrne, a deep playoffs run would be ideal to see him next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
IMO the fans are being over-eager. I have high hopes for Pacioretty but I don't think he's NHL-ready right now. If he had Stamkos-type talent to go with his size, I'd say sure, but let's be realistic in our expectations.
I know the team wasn't deep on the wings, but Letendresse almost did it. Sergei did it in3 months...

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 11:35 PM
  #50
Slick Nick
Registered User
 
Slick Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montréal
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Being physically strong enough is definitely a plus. But even as a 20 year old, it's a big jump from the USHL to the NHL.

We have a strong enough team that there is no need to rush Max. So why not start him off in Hamilton and allow him to properly learn the professional game?

If he goes down and lights it up after a month or two, then you can create a roster spot on the Habs for him.

Latendresse made it at 19... and I don't think Lats was as ready as Max Pac is.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.