HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I am already liking Tanguay

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-03-2008, 11:45 PM
  #51
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
Latendresse made it at 19... and I don't think Lats was as ready as Max Pac is.
Only because the current rules wouldn't allow Latendresse to be sent to the AHL. At the time the choice was being sent back to juniors which wouldn't have helped his progress. Or playing in the NHL.

I think if the option of playing in the AHL would have been available. You wouldn't have seen Latendresse playing for the Habs during his rookie season, unless he was a late season call up.

__________________
Don Cherry is right...you don't poke the bear..you walk right up to it and punch it in the mouth. - Grant McCagg
Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 11:47 PM
  #52
Slick Nick
Registered User
 
Slick Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montréal
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Only because the current rules wouldn't allow Latendresse to be sent to the AHL. At the time the choice was being sent back to juniors which wouldn't have helped his progress. Or playing in the NHL.

I think if the option of playing in the AHL would have been available. You wouldn't have seen Latendresse playing for the Habs during his rookie season, unless he was a late season call up.
I know. All I'm saying is that if there's will from the coaching staff, he could be there...

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 12:09 AM
  #53
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
Latendresse made it at 19... and I don't think Lats was as ready as Max Pac is.
Lats made it at 19, but the Habs weren't as deep then. It would be tougher for Lats to make the team out of the Q if he were coming up now. It probably would also be tough for Pacioretty to make the team now, but it's possible, the way Lucic did.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 09:32 AM
  #54
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
No reason ? A guy could be " physically NHL ready " without having played one single minute of hockey in his life . That just means that he's big and strong .



i can't beleive how big the expectations are about Maxpac . He got a good 40 games season at the universisty and people are ready to put him on Habs first line and think he's the savior .

Here is the Habs perfect line up ;

Maxpac , Plekanec , Kovalev
Tangay , Koivu , Maxpac
Akost ,Skost , Maxpac
Higgins , Maxpac , Latendresse

(Chipchura, Kostopoulos )

Markov - Komisarek
Hammer - Maxpac
O'byrne- Gorges
( Bouillon- Brisebois )

Price - Maxpac -Halak

Maxpac + HF boards fans = Latendresse + french medias

poor Max !

Well, it does seem better than :

Latendresse , Plekanec , Kovalev
Tangay , Koivu , Latendresse
Akost ,Skost , Latendresse
Higgins , Latendresse , Lapierre
(Chipchura, Kostopoulos )

Markov - Komisarek
Hammer - Latendresse
O'byrne- Gorges
( Bouillon- Brisebois )

Price - Latendresse -Halak


Do I need to add the smiley??

Oh and please, many HFboarders are as zealous about Latendresse than the media is.

You know what you sound like :

People like somebody more than Latendresse

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 10:01 AM
  #55
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Well, it does seem better than :

Latendresse , Plekanec , Kovalev
Tangay , Koivu , Latendresse
Akost ,Skost , Latendresse
Higgins , Latendresse , Lapierre
(Chipchura, Kostopoulos )

Markov - Komisarek
Hammer - Latendresse
O'byrne- Gorges
( Bouillon- Brisebois )

Price - Latendresse -Halak


Do I need to add the smiley??

Oh and please, many HFboarders are as zealous about Latendresse than the media is.

You know what you sound like :

People like somebody more than Latendresse
the haters are the zealous ones, not the other way around, alot of people here just don't understand the concept of player devolopment and don't see Latendresse doing anything more then the last 2 years, witch is pretty sad considering he's a 21 year old powerforward who played last season with grinders, no one has talked about him being a 40 or 50 goal player except maybe 1 poster, truth is your alot more annoying about Latendresse then the lovers.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 10:41 AM
  #56
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
the haters are the zealous ones, not the other way around, alot of people here just don't understand the concept of player devolopment and don't see Latendresse doing anything more then the last 2 years, witch is pretty sad considering he's a 21 year old powerforward who played last season with grinders, no one has talked about him being a 40 or 50 goal player except maybe 1 poster, truth is your alot more annoying about Latendresse then the lovers.
That bolded part is so untrue.

If it weren't then you wouldn't see people putting Lats ahead of Higgins. while the two of them are still developing and Higgins because if his age is ahead and it's quite normal he should be given the higher icetime. Logic just leaves the room when it comes to Lats lovers. And don't get me wrong, I like Lats and hope he will become a 40 goal scorer, I just hope we don't have to go through him having a -30 because he wasn't defensively sound enough to have his 40 goals, get my drift?

Truth is, I'm annoyed by the Lats lovers and respond accordingly. Not the other way around.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 10:48 AM
  #57
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
That bolded part is so untrue.

If it weren't then you wouldn't see people putting Lats ahead of Higgins. while the two of them are still developing and Higgins because if his age is ahead and it's quite normal he should be given the higher icetime. Logic just leaves the room when it comes to Lats lovers. And don't get me wrong, I like Lats and hope he will become a 40 goal scorer, I just hope we don't have to go through him having a -30 because he wasn't defensively sound enough to have his 40 goals, get my drift?

Truth is, I'm annoyed by the Lats lovers and respond accordingly. Not the other way around.
Many people like myself think that putting Higgins on a 2-way line makes us a much balanced team and that a player like Latendresse could do ALOT more on a line with Koivu then without, unlike Higgins who i don't think his stats would drop dramatically if he played say with S.kost and chipchura, if by respeonding accordinaly you mean being polite, then sure, sure as hell doesn't mean you'r right, and what are we supose to do with poster like Passchendaele who keeps on bashing the kid, tell him he's right? i don't think so...

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 10:51 AM
  #58
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
That bolded part is so untrue.

If it weren't then you wouldn't see people putting Lats ahead of Higgins. while the two of them are still developing and Higgins because if his age is ahead and it's quite normal he should be given the higher icetime. Logic just leaves the room when it comes to Lats lovers. And don't get me wrong, I like Lats and hope he will become a 40 goal scorer, I just hope we don't have to go through him having a -30 because he wasn't defensively sound enough to have his 40 goals, get my drift?

Truth is, I'm annoyed by the Lats lovers and respond accordingly. Not the other way around.
Seriously i think i could say i'm a Lats lover, since i like what he did already in the NHL and i think he could do better this year, i try to be balanced when it comes to player analysis and projection, i dont over hype them. And i have never seen (at least i dont remember) someone realy overhyping Lats like you could see with SK or Maxpac. But the bashing is overwhelming as much in quantity than quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick
Latendresse made it at 19... and I don't think Lats was as ready as Max Pac is.
And TT said it was an error he should'nt have done.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 11:10 AM
  #59
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Seriously i think i could say i'm a Lats lover, since i like what he did already in the NHL and i think he could do better this year, i try to be balanced when it comes to player analysis and projection, i dont over hype them. And i have never seen (at least i dont remember) someone realy overhyping Lats like you could see with SK or Maxpac. But the bashing is overwhelming as much in quantity than quality.



And TT said it was an error he should'nt have done.
Timmin didn't say that, i rmember him saying that Latendresse didn't have anything more to learn in the Q but that he was too young to play in the AHL so that's why they gave him a spot with Habs so early, but never did he talk about it like it was a mistake, how can it be when he scored 16 goals in both of his first 2 seasons?

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 11:22 AM
  #60
yukoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
And TT said it was an error he should'nt have done.
Link please.

yukoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 11:26 AM
  #61
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Timmin didn't say that, i rmember him saying that Latendresse didn't have anything more to learn in the Q but that he was too young to play in the AHL so that's why they gave him a spot with Habs so early, but never did he talk about it like it was a mistake, how can it be when he scored 16 goals in both of his first 2 seasons?
He said that this year in an interview with HF (or someone else) saying he souldn't have rushed Lats in the NHL. I just can't find it.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 11:28 AM
  #62
yukoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
That bolded part is so untrue.

If it weren't then you wouldn't see people putting Lats ahead of Higgins. while the two of them are still developing and Higgins because if his age is ahead and it's quite normal he should be given the higher icetime. Logic just leaves the room when it comes to Lats lovers. And don't get me wrong, I like Lats and hope he will become a 40 goal scorer, I just hope we don't have to go through him having a -30 because he wasn't defensively sound enough to have his 40 goals, get my drift?

Truth is, I'm annoyed by the Lats lovers and respond accordingly. Not the other way around.
I don't really see what you're talking about at all.

The vast majority of people putting Lats 'ahead' of Higgins are not actually saying he's a better player, the argument I see most often is that he would be a better fit in that role, allowing Higgins to anchor the 3rd line and excel in a definseive role, while still contributing offence.

And there's absolutely nothing zealous about that. It's a valid opinion, and something we should be able to debate.

I very, VERY rarely see anyone claiming lats is a bonafide top line winger, or talking about him like he's one of the best players on the team...meanwhile I see CONSTANT posts saying he doesn't belong in the NHL, that he's only there cause he's carbo's pet, or because he's french.

So, objectively, for the most part it's the haters are the zealots, the ones who are totally exagerating, making conspiracy theories, letting emotion totally override their ability to evaluate a player.

The fact is, Lats has exceeded, or at the very least met, any reasonable expectations for his first two years as a 19/20 year old. There's no reason anyone should be complaining...yet there it is, day in and day out.

yukoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 11:30 AM
  #63
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner View Post
I don't really see what you're talking about at all.

The vast majority of people putting Lats 'ahead' of Higgins are not actually saying he's a better player, the argument I see most often is that he would be a better fit in that role, allowing Higgins to anchor the 3rd line and excel in a definseive role, while still contributing offence.

And there's absolutely nothing zealous about that. It's a valid opinion, and something we should be able to debate.

I very, VERY rarely see anyone claiming lats is a bonafide top line winger, or talking about him like he's one of the best players on the team...meanwhile I see CONSTANT posts saying he doesn't belong in the NHL, that he's only there cause he's carbo's pet, or because he's french.

So, objectively, for the most part it's the haters are the zealots, the ones who are totally exagerating, making conspiracy theories, letting emotion totally override their ability to evaluate a player.
I think i'm going to like you alot

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 12:03 PM
  #64
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner View Post
I don't really see what you're talking about at all.

The vast majority of people putting Lats 'ahead' of Higgins are not actually saying he's a better player, the argument I see most often is that he would be a better fit in that role, allowing Higgins to anchor the 3rd line and excel in a definseive role, while still contributing offence.

And there's absolutely nothing zealous about that. It's a valid opinion, and something we should be able to debate.

I very, VERY rarely see anyone claiming lats is a bonafide top line winger, or talking about him like he's one of the best players on the team...meanwhile I see CONSTANT posts saying he doesn't belong in the NHL, that he's only there cause he's carbo's pet, or because he's french.

So, objectively, for the most part it's the haters are the zealots, the ones who are totally exagerating, making conspiracy theories, letting emotion totally override their ability to evaluate a player.

The fact is, Lats has exceeded, or at the very least met, any reasonable expectations for his first two years as a 19/20 year old. There's no reason anyone should be complaining...yet there it is, day in and day out.
Sorry, but it's not jsut the lineup. I could show you tons of posts were the (irrational ones) Lats lovers say that Lats has more offensive talent, that he has shown more, that he's a better scorer... yet none of this is provable. Some even go to the extent to say that the reason Lats wasn't used much is because Carbonneau is a bad coach (insinuated).

From what I've read, both sides are extremely zealous.


Last edited by Beakermania*: 09-04-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 01:08 PM
  #65
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
I know. All I'm saying is that if there's will from the coaching staff, he could be there...
You could have saved me a long winded post by saying this in the first place. I agree, it is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Timmin didn't say that, i rmember him saying that Latendresse didn't have anything more to learn in the Q but that he was too young to play in the AHL so that's why they gave him a spot with Habs so early, but never did he talk about it like it was a mistake, how can it be when he scored 16 goals in both of his first 2 seasons?
TT made these comments not long after Latendresse actually made the team. But I don't remember him ever saying that he thought it was a mistake.


Last edited by Beakermania*: 09-04-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 02:41 PM
  #66
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Sorry, but it's not jsut the lineup. I could show you tons of posts were the (irrational ones) Lats lovers say that Lats has more offensive talent, that he has shown more, that he's a better scorer... yet none of this is provable.
Sure it is -- or at least, you can find plenty of supporting evidence.

Goals per 60 minutes of ice time:
Latendresse 0.92 > Higgins 0.82

Points per 60 minutes of ice time:
Latendresse 1.62 > Higgins 1.46

These are all demonstrable facts. Now, for some context and caveats. First, this is all even-strength. Second, there's no guarantee that Lats would keep the same pace with more ice time. Third, Higgins plays against tougher competition, but also with better linemates. It makes it hard to compare the value of the offensive production. And no one will confuse Lats's defensive game with Higgins's, and Higgins also kills penalties (which is why Higgins is quite rightly ahead on the depth chart).

Higgins is the more valuable player overall at this point. But in his role, Latendresse has been demonstrably more productive offensively than Higgins -- and that's something that bears consideration before labeling him a bust, or even figuring out what his role should be in the next season. The idea that Lats has more offensive upside than Higgins, considering he's scoring at a faster pace *now*, certainly doesn't seem too irrational.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 02:49 PM
  #67
CH4
Registered User
 
CH4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,740
vCash: 500
And where does Tanguay stands in the last 2 pages of this tread?


CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 03:01 PM
  #68
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Well, it does seem better than :

Latendresse , Plekanec , Kovalev
Tangay , Koivu , Latendresse
Akost ,Skost , Latendresse
Higgins , Latendresse , Lapierre
(Chipchura, Kostopoulos )

Markov - Komisarek
Hammer - Latendresse
O'byrne- Gorges
( Bouillon- Brisebois )

Price - Latendresse -Halak


Do I need to add the smiley??

Oh and please, many HFboarders are as zealous about Latendresse than the media is.

You know what you sound like :

People like somebody more than Latendresse
you don't get it at all .

To me Latendresse is only a promising player . I would pick up a lot of players ahead of him .

Anyway , i am not talking about Latendresse but about the way the french medias overhyped him 2 years ago ; it was sad . I see the same pattern now about Maxpac ; a lot of fans never saw him play once , but are ready to give him the moon .

I am really confident about Maxpac , i am sure i will love that player . But geez ! don't put too much expectations and pressure on him .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 03:06 PM
  #69
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post
And where does Tanguay stands in the last 2 pages of this tread?
If Tanguay weren't French, he'd be in the AHL!

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 03:20 PM
  #70
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Lats made it at 19, but the Habs weren't as deep then. It would be tougher for Lats to make the team out of the Q if he were coming up now. It probably would also be tough for Pacioretty to make the team now, but it's possible, the way Lucic did.
You bring a good point .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
the haters are the zealous ones, not the other way around, alot of people here just don't understand the concept of player devolopment and don't see Latendresse doing anything more then the last 2 years, witch is pretty sad considering he's a 21 year old powerforward who played last season with grinders, no one has talked about him being a 40 or 50 goal player except maybe 1 poster, truth is your alot more annoying about Latendresse then the lovers.
Amen !



Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner View Post
I don't really see what you're talking about at all.

The vast majority of people putting Lats 'ahead' of Higgins are not actually saying he's a better player, the argument I see most often is that he would be a better fit in that role, allowing Higgins to anchor the 3rd line and excel in a definseive role, while still contributing offence.

And there's absolutely nothing zealous about that. It's a valid opinion, and something we should be able to debate.

I very, VERY rarely see anyone claiming lats is a bonafide top line winger, or talking about him like he's one of the best players on the team...meanwhile I see CONSTANT posts saying he doesn't belong in the NHL, that he's only there cause he's carbo's pet, or because he's french.

So, objectively, for the most part it's the haters are the zealots, the ones who are totally exagerating, making conspiracy theories, letting emotion totally override their ability to evaluate a player.

The fact is, Lats has exceeded, or at the very least met, any reasonable expectations for his first two years as a 19/20 year old. There's no reason anyone should be complaining...yet there it is, day in and day out.
Very good post Yukoner .

How much negative thread did we have last season about Latendresse ? one day i saw a poster blaming Latendresse for a defeat but the thing was that Latendresse didn't play that game . He wasn't on the ice .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
If Tanguay weren't French, he'd be in the AHL!
yeah ! beside the punk Ribeiro and his girlfriend Dagenais ...


Last edited by Beakermania*: 09-04-2008 at 04:04 PM.
goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2008, 09:11 AM
  #71
PKtrollban
PK for Norris
 
PKtrollban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Poutine island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20 View Post
I would like to see lines like this next season... i certainly see Tanguay and Koivu on the same line, but i dont see Higgins fitting there.. they need someone who can create holes in different places... as Kost is more of flowing player, unlike Higgins wich is more stop and go, similar to Koivu.. its too predictable line.. on the other end the Second line could use Higgins as Pleks and Kovy are both flowing players and Higgins would just be there to also create other holes and still be able to follow and score with those 2 players.. i think it could make 2 seriously dangerous lines.. Off course it would break the famous kost pleks kovy.. but its worth a try in preseason imo.. could pay off.. as fitting koivu higgsin tangay... imo would have to sacrifice a lot for whoever has to learn a new position..

Tanguay (playmaker) - Koivu (playmaker) - A.Kostitsyn (sniper, natural side)
Higgins (sniper, natural side) - Plekanec (complete) - Kovalev (complete)

Pacioretty - S.Kostitsyn - Latendresse
kosto lappy/chippy Laraque.

he seem to be a good guy.. but i dont like the way he say he isnt a savior.. i mean, its not something you say to the media.. as a professional, you always have to offer your best and the best means to try to be the best.. even if it is the case, keep it for yourself.

Would you rather have him saying 'I'm the savior of this team now'. We would be like 'wtf is this guy thinking he is ? GOD ?' I'd rather have a guy who stays humble but is confident in his skills.

And personally, I prefer guys that's speaks the thruth to the medias, even if sometimes it creates a bit of controversy à la Higgins and Koivu. I wouldn't mind Koivu telling all the french medias to shut the fruck up and that he's paid to play hockey, not to learn french and do PR for the Habs organisation.
I would even be very happy, even if I'm a french guy.

PKtrollban is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2008, 09:31 AM
  #72
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMario View Post
Would you rather have him saying 'I'm the savior of this team now'. We would be like 'wtf is this guy thinking he is ? GOD ?' I'd rather have a guy who stays humble but is confident in his skills.

And personally, I prefer guys that's speaks the thruth to the medias, even if sometimes it creates a bit of controversy à la Higgins and Koivu. I wouldn't mind Koivu telling all the french medias to shut the fruck up and that he's paid to play hockey, not to learn french and do PR for the Habs organisation.
I would even be very happy, even if I'm a french guy.
They'll never shut up because they're paid to yap and yip like lap dogs.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2008, 06:55 PM
  #73
habs86
Registered User
 
habs86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Prince Albert, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 524
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to habs86 Send a message via Yahoo to habs86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I really hope we get to see Tanguay-Koivu-Latendresse next year, i think Tanguay can become a mentor for Guillaume. Guillaume needs to play on thr right side and with playmakers, not grinders. I think for all 3 players that line is the perfect fit for them.




edit:5000 POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I so agree with you 100%

habs86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 12:05 PM
  #74
Pr3Va1L
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by primeking View Post
I know a lot of people here under-estimate Higgy and think SKost would be better suited to play on the top 2 lines than him, but by looking at last season, where he put in 27 with Ryder on the other side, it's really easy to imagine he'd put up 30+ with Tanguay instead of Ryder. Tanguay will probably put up 70+ pts unless the pressure gets to him. Cause we all know that saying something doesnt mean that's what's going to happen.

Higgins-Koivu-Tanguay
AKost - Pleky - Kovy
SKost - Chippy - Tender
Kosto - Lappy - BGL


I think most poeple over-estimate his shooting abilities...

He's one of the best players we have, just he doesn't have a good shot. He's one of the best energy guys in the league, very good at PK, all of that... He just doesn't have that good of a shot (hence why he has the highest shot total of the team but one of the lowest shot percentage (Markov has about the same!))


Very very good work hard/team first guy! Nothing more nothing less.

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 03:33 PM
  #75
Go Habs Go
Registered User
 
Go Habs Go's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,444
vCash: 500
Tanguay is the best!

PS. Latendresse sucks lol

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.