HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

WCHA Rookie of the year contenders

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2004, 07:50 PM
Donga

vCash: 500
WCHA Rookie of the year contenders

I was wondering who is in line for this award??

Is Brady Murray a shoo in coz he plays for UND?? or would some one like David Backes, the Minn State Freshman, have a chance??

What do you guys think??

Old
02-15-2004, 02:57 PM
Go4Hockeychick

Send a message via AIM to Go4Hockeychick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donga
I was wondering who is in line for this award??

Is Brady Murray a shoo in coz he plays for UND?? or would some one like David Backes, the Minn State Freshman, have a chance??

What do you guys think??

Murray has a chance, but he is no where near a shoe-in simply becuase he plays for UND. Backes, Briggs, Raduns, Irmen and J. Parise have also made arguements for themselves.

Old
02-16-2004, 04:01 AM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4Hockeychick
Murray has a chance, but he is no where near a shoe-in simply becuase he plays for UND. Backes, Briggs, Raduns, Irmen and J. Parise have also made arguements for themselves.
I agree, the WCHA has a boatload of good candidates, including those. Some other names I'd add to list would be: Matt Carle (Denver), Matt Zaba (Colorado College), Taggart Desmet (MTU), and Robbie Earl and Andrew Joudrey (Wisconsin).

Last edited by Oilers Chick: 02-16-2004 at 04:05 AM.
Old
02-16-2004, 09:28 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick
I agree, the WCHA has a boatload of good candidates, including those. Some other names I'd add to list would be: Matt Carle (Denver), Matt Zaba (Colorado College), Taggart Desmet (MTU), and Robbie Earl and Andrew Joudrey (Wisconsin).

I like Carle and Earl the most, but I' don't know who Desmet is, what kind of game does he play?

Old
02-22-2004, 06:08 PM
Saprykin Fan

hey

taggart is offensive player, that is quick and good defensivly, he played wiht my brother in juniors and now they play against eachother in the WCHA which is pretty cool, since taggart played in teh WHL he ahd to sit out a year of eligibilty, michigan tech sure coulda used his offence last year, very very good player he is!!!

Old
02-23-2004, 02:14 AM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saprykin Fan
taggart is offensive player, that is quick and good defensivly, he played wiht my brother in juniors and now they play against eachother in the WCHA which is pretty cool, since taggart played in teh WHL he ahd to sit out a year of eligibilty, michigan tech sure coulda used his offence last year, very very good player he is!!!
Are you SURE that he played in the WHL? because if that's the case, it violates NCAA eligibility rules since WHL is Canadian Juniors. If the NCAA finds out about it, it could have serious repercussions for Taggart and especially MTU.

Old
02-23-2004, 02:17 AM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Hey Chick, how does Irmen look? I haven't been able to tell...*stupid non-hockey colleges down here!*

Old
02-23-2004, 02:42 AM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Hey Chick, how does Irmen look? I haven't been able to tell...*stupid non-hockey colleges down here!*
As the season has gone along, he's playing better and seems to gain more confidence with each game. He's still very much a project though. IMO, he's still trying to find his "niche" (for a lack of a better term) as far as his role and where he fits in in the Gophers lineup. It's evident that he's still learning and developing but he should be fine.

Old
02-23-2004, 11:44 AM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Yay! I guess that's good to hear. Be another probably 3 years till he even gets a look at by the Wild right?

Old
02-24-2004, 01:13 AM
Saprykin Fan

hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick
Are you SURE that he played in the WHL? because if that's the case, it violates NCAA eligibility rules since WHL is Canadian Juniors. If the NCAA finds out about it, it could have serious repercussions for Taggart and especially MTU.
yes he played in the WHL, i have him on my msn messanger, he played a few games, if u play in the whl you have to sit out a year, you are RED SHIRTED, and can only practise with the team for the first year, how many games u play in the whl u sit a year!!!!! brouder off wisconson had teh same issue, he wanted to play badly and not sit out a year therefore quit his schollarship and is playing in the WHL again.

here ya go for taggart

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=55356

Old
02-24-2004, 06:25 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saprykin Fan
yes he played in the WHL, i have him on my msn messanger, he played a few games, if u play in the whl you have to sit out a year, you are RED SHIRTED, and can only practise with the team for the first year, how many games u play in the whl u sit a year!!!!! brouder off wisconson had teh same issue, he wanted to play badly and not sit out a year therefore quit his schollarship and is playing in the WHL again.

here ya go for taggart

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=55356
My bad, I stand corrected. I researched it further. You're correct, he did get in 7 games with the Hitmen but then went back to Camrose. I was going by the info on the MTU site, which doesn't provide much insight on many of their players PRIOR to them entering the school.

Thanks for the setting the record straight on that one for me.

Closed Thread