HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

If Derek Morris was available...

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2004, 05:12 PM
Jeffrey

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Theodore , Perreault, 4th pick 2004
for
Morris, Worell, Colorado 1st pick 2004 and 2005?

Old
02-23-2004, 05:29 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoS
vancouver could help you out.

three way trade proposal

TO VANCOUVER: Jeff O'Neill, Car 3rd Rounder and Derek Morris
TO CAROLINA: RJ Umberger, 1st rounder and Nathan Smith
TO COLORADO: Car 9th

*Disclaimer* Not all teams may be satisfied. Carolina would feel especially violated imo.
Leave Vancouver out of it and it makes more sense..

Derek Morris for Jeff O'Neill ... plain and simple ... Avs want a rugged forward ..canes need to replenish with a young Defender ...

Old
02-23-2004, 05:33 PM
evman150*

To CGY: Derek Morris, 5th
To COL: Rhett Warrener, Steve Reinprecht, Stephane Yelle

Oh wait...

Me thinks I wouldn't do that.

Old
02-23-2004, 06:26 PM
brendon_kuhn

they aint trading him

y talk bout wut he cood bring in if he aint gonna be moved?....Y? talk about sum1 who is gonna be moved...thats all that amtters

Old
02-23-2004, 07:38 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Haven't really seen a single offer that I would personally do. It doesn't necessarily mean that all the offers have been bad (although most have been), but none of them really help the Avs out enough in both the "now" and the "future" to justify selling off Morris.

The Avs currently have a nice balance of 3 stay at home dmen (4 if you want to count Boughner) and 3 two-way dmen. Therefore if the Avs were to trade Morris right now in the midst of a cup run, then they would need to get back at least someone who can play just as good of a two-way game to fill the hole Morris would leave. Now, this offseason, well, that's a different story all together.

Old
02-23-2004, 08:55 PM
Ruckus007
Said too much

I'd offer

Colorado's choice of a Sabre goalie
Colorado's choice of Pyatt, Afinogenov or Kotalik

for

Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
Pyatt because no matter what I say I get bombarded about how Pyatt is the next Bertuzzi,and that Pyatt is the hardest working Sabre.
Really? All I see are people saying that they think Pyatt is a harder worker than you give him credit for and that he's not the scapegoat of the team that you make him out to be. But I may have missed one or two of those conversations.

Old
02-23-2004, 09:10 PM
punchy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryoptix
Theodore , Perreault, 4th pick 2004
for
Morris, Worell, Colorado 1st pick 2004 and 2005?
Scratch the Colorado 1st and it sounds alright. Theo is a good goalie for certain but the fact that you lot would deal him speaks to some of his recent struggles. YP isn't worth anything at this point. He can be had for nothing soon if anyone wants him. Morris is solid and the Avs would need a defenceman in return if they were to deal him. I would say that if you fixed this to be,

Theo Hainsey
for
Morris Worrel you would be closer. It depends on the value that Colo puts on Worrel. Most feel that it will be unecessary to have a pugilist on the team next year since the mandatory visor will put an end to (effectively) fighting. Worrel and his ilk will have to truly develope thier games to have any real value.

Old
02-23-2004, 09:26 PM
Yayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
How about Lappy and Corvo for Morris and a second?
Eww. How about no?

Old
02-23-2004, 10:18 PM
Swervedriver

Send a message via MSN to Swervedriver
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrehedinrocks
yeah right
Dont laugh you offered Brenden Bell.

Old
02-24-2004, 02:04 AM
st_roland

A couple proposals

Chi gets:
Derek Morris

Col gets:
Tuomo Ruutu
2004 3rd round pick

LA gets:
Derek Morris

Col gets:
Alexander Frolov

Old
02-24-2004, 09:40 AM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_roland
A couple proposals

Chi gets:
Derek Morris

Col gets:
Tuomo Ruutu
2004 3rd round pick

LA gets:
Derek Morris

Col gets:
Alexander Frolov
i think you're looking too much towards the future, bud. the Avs will take what they can get now, and run with it. Frolov or Ruutu would be nice, but if the Avs traded Morris for Kolzig, Gonchar, and Carter, i'd crap myself. and I'm still surprised the Caps would take it.

Old
02-24-2004, 10:02 AM
punchy1

That is one seriously lopsided proposal st roland. Seriously lopsided.

Old
02-24-2004, 11:36 AM
AvsGuy

Quote:
...that was two proposals, and they both looked ok to me...???

Old
02-24-2004, 01:41 PM
st_roland

Quote:
A little more explaination perhaps?

Old
02-24-2004, 02:14 PM
Bacon

to Chicago:
Derek Morris
to Colorado
Scott Nichol
Nathan Dempsey
Steve Passmore
2nd round pick

Old
02-24-2004, 02:16 PM
LALALALALALAFONTAINE

Great first post. That won't be ridiculed.

Old
02-24-2004, 02:20 PM
punchy1

One, of course an Avs fan would fancy the deals.

Two, Morris isn't working out as well as the Avs, arguably the most talented team in the league had hoped he would. He is a nice piece to the puzzle for some teams but why would the Hawks want him enough to deal thier top prospect and a pick when he hasn't established his self as one of the best young defencemen in the game?

Why would the Kings deal an established and budding star in his second year who does every aspect of his game right for a defenceman when they are stupidly deep at that position?

I mean, you are dealing a defenceman when you need one and you don't see what that says about his talent? Morris and a first round pick this year and a third next year for Frolov or for Ruutu and a third would both be scoffed at by thier respective teams.

Old
02-24-2004, 02:31 PM
st_roland

Quote:
One, of course an Avs fan would fancy the deals.

Two, Morris isn't working out as well as the Avs, arguably the most talented team in the league had hoped he would. He is a nice piece to the puzzle for some teams but why would the Hawks want him enough to deal thier top prospect and a pick when he hasn't established his self as one of the best young defencemen in the game?

Why would the Kings deal an established and budding star in his second year who does every aspect of his game right for a defenceman when they are stupidly deep at that position?

I mean, you are dealing a defenceman when you need one and you don't see what that says about his talent? Morris and a first round pick this year and a third next year for Frolov or for Ruutu and a third would both be scoffed at by thier respective teams.

How will we need a defenseman after this season? We'll have Blake, Foote, Liles, Skratins, Boughner, Sauer, Ballard, Boychuk, Slovak, and Viitanen coming into camp next year if we decide to sign Bougner and Skratins. I'm offering up Morris because he's our most valuable trading chip, and we need a top 6 forward. I know you're in love with Frolov, but how is a potential top line forward for a potential #1 defenseman worth "scoffing" at?

Old
02-24-2004, 02:33 PM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_roland
How will we need a defenseman after this season? We'll have Blake, Foote, Liles, Skratins, Boughner, Sauer, Ballard, Boychuk, Slovak, and Viitanen coming into camp next year if we decide to sign Bougner and Skratins. I'm offering up Morris because he's our most valuable trading chip, and we need a top 6 forward. I know you're in love with Frolov, but how is a potential top line forward for a potential #1 defenseman worth "scoffing" at?
exactly, especially when potential #1 d-men are so much harder to find than potential top line forwards?

Old
02-24-2004, 02:39 PM
RoyIsALegend*

To NYI:
D Derek Morris
2004 3rd round pick

To COL:
D Roman Hamrlik
F Oleg Kvasha

Strictly fictional.

Old
02-24-2004, 02:46 PM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
To NYI:
D Derek Morris
2004 3rd round pick

To COL:
D Roman Hamrlik
F Oleg Kvasha

Strictly fictional.
meh. Hamrlik would be nice, but that gives us 3 clear-cut #1 d-men. no interest in Kvasha at all. you don't think the Avs could do better than that?

TO MINN:

D Derek Morris
F Mikhail Kuleshov

TO COL:

D Nick Schultz
F Wes Walz
G Manny Fernandez

i'd prefer a package like that...

Old
02-24-2004, 02:51 PM
evman150*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon
to Chicago:
Derek Morris
to Colorado
Scott Nichol
Nathan Dempsey
Steve Passmore
2nd round pick
Oh my.

:p

Old
02-24-2004, 02:51 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy
TO MINN:

D Derek Morris
F Mikhail Kuleshov

TO COL:

D Nick Schultz
F Wes Walz
G Manny Fernandez

i'd prefer a package like that...
Two upcoming UFAs and a promising young defenseman?

Roman Hamrlik may be an upcoming FA as well, but it's far more likely the Avalanche spend money on a #1 defenseman as opposed to a 3rd line center and back-up goaltender.

Oleg Kvasha has a ridiculous set of skill, plain and simple. He is a big boy and can dominate on occasional shifts. It's the work ethic and consistency that need to be addressed in his game, and with the Avalanche likely losing Paul Kariya, Peter Forsberg, Steve Konowalchuk and Teemu Selanne, it'd be nice to have a legitimate top six scoring presence on the wings.

I suppose it's personal opinion, though.

Old
02-24-2004, 02:52 PM
punchy1

Then you are also saying that Morris for Boughner or Liles or Skratins or Sauer or Ballard or Boychuk etc would be fair. You are saying that you value them over Morris if you would rather keep them instead of him. If he is a #1 defenceman then why have you made so many recent moves to nab second rate blue liners like Sauer? I mean, you are trying to say that he is a true number one yet want to move him when your team has been off getting other defenceman. The simple fact he is on offer speaks volumes about him and your teams confidence in him.

He is a young talented defenceman. If he were a true #1 then why would you move him? Why wouldn't you keep him and move one of Skratins or Liles etc instead? The fact is that he isn't living up to your expectations and yet, you would want to move him to a team or teams that a, aren't looking to move the players you are metioning there by driving up thier value and b, as always, over valuing your own talent and under valuing others.

You love to hammer me for speaking of Frolov but set ONE example of an opinion of mine that can't be backed by facts on him. Do the same for TR. You won't be able to.
Morris is a fine young defenceman but if YOU want to move him for talent from another team that the onus is on YOU to make the deal one that the team you are looking to trade with can't walk away from.

The Kings have Matty,Corvo,Lubomir,Grebeshkov,Rome,Modry,Zizka,Pe tiot,Holland,Muir,Kuzntesov and Miller (god willing) all either playing in the NHL or at the ready soon enough. Where would taking away thier top young scoring forward and developing star for another defenceman make any sense? What about Frolov for Morris is the kind of deal that would make the Kings go "OHH! We have to do it". You are talking about fair value then I hold Morris as a valuable player and while I think that he isn't worth Frolov or TR, I do see him as a top young developing talent with some good value.

This isn't a situation though were fair value would *ever* come into play. The Kings and the Hawks wouldn't move thier top young scoring forwards for a #2(maybe)3-4(defenitely) defenceman. Why would they? To give a rival a leg up? Also, if Morris is so bloody great then why do YOU want to move him for a player you have called "nice but not as good as Kings fans think he is"?

That is why I feel the deal is lopsided. Why would the Kings want this deal? Why would the Hawks want this deal? What is the reason for either of them to move these lads for Morris?

Old
02-24-2004, 02:57 PM
BBruin66

Send a message via AIM to BBruin66
Felix Potvin, Michael Grosek

Closed Thread