HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kevin Bieksa

Old
09-02-2008, 11:15 PM
Peter Griffin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 504Heater View Post
I was rarin to go when the rumour was Vermette for Bieska. He can garner Vancouver a very, very good player.

No question in my mind he's worth a 55-60 point 2nd line center.
Would you still be willing to move Vermette for Bieksa after Vermette has signed his new contract?

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 11:17 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Would you still be willing to move Vermette for Bieksa after Vermette has signed his new contract?
I would, but we have a bit of a logjam back there now with Phillips, Volchenkov, Kuba, Lee, Smith, Schubert and Picard.

Still, I would give it some heavy consideration.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 11:19 PM
matt trick

Cheechoo+ a pick.

matt trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 11:22 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt trick View Post
Cheechoo+ a pick.
Why? You don't want Cheechoo? What can the Sens offer you for him?

Just curious...

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Cheechoo+ a pick.
Hmm, interesting. Although it appears that the Canucks are going to give Bernier a shot to work with the Sedins and I don't think that Cheechoo would be good fit with the fast skating Demitra and Raymond. Besides, aren't the Sharks pretty full on defense and not all too deep on wing?

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHomelessAteMyCat View Post
So a #3/#4 defenseman isn't worth a #3-#6 forward?
Well name a player who is better then Kelser but worse then Sedin...... Lang? Like some one else proposed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by #11_THEBEST! View Post
You can also count me in there.

Bieska is pretty much what I want in a #3 defenseman........[he could also play #2]

I would love for Murray to get Bieksa but our offense gets shafted so....
Would you give up Fisher?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 01:44 AM
funky

Bieksa for Stoll staight up. Both are coming off injury filled underachieving seasons. Both easily could turn it around and go back to productive players.

Vancouver is stocked on defence and need centers.
L.A is stocked at center and need defence.

Cap hit should be fairly equal.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 04:29 AM
Agent007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Personally, I don't see Bieksa getting O'Sullivan. To me it'd have to Bieksa +.
I'd have no problem trading Bieksa and a 2nd round draft pick for O'Sullivan.

He may not be a center but he's got 30-40 goal potential and would be a solid fit on our 2nd line.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 04:51 AM
Canuckle
West Coast Express

I wouldnt give up on him so fast if I'm Gillis.

His trade value is low because he was injured last season.

Right handed defenseman is pretty rare in the NHL I wouldn't trade him unless we get a proper 2nd line center.

Canuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 06:22 AM
Blane Youngblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac_Canes View Post
Cole couldn't get Bieksa, but he could land Pitkanen. Vancouver overvalues Bieksa, as much as I like him.
I'm thinking its more of a case that Carolina (or just you) overates Pitkanen.

He's been on the block (as in everyone knew he was available for a semi reasonable price) two years in a row. There's a reason for that.

Blane Youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 07:23 AM
DenGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
I'd have no problem trading Bieksa and a 2nd round draft pick for O'Sullivan.

He may not be a center but he's got 30-40 goal potential and would be a solid fit on our 2nd line.
Id rather give Pyatt + a late draft pick, than the second round pick. Its gonna be a very deep draft.

DenGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenGC View Post
Id rather give Pyatt + a late draft pick, than the second round pick. Its gonna be a very deep draft.
Why would the Kings want Pyatt and a late round pick? They have no motivation to move O'Sullivan.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 10:33 AM
IranCondraAffair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Well name a player who is better then Kelser but worse then Sedin...... Lang? Like some one else proposed?

Would you give up Fisher?
Fisher just signed a new (longish term) contract and the GM loves him, so he wouldn't/won't be traded regardless of value

Vermette could have been since he was an RFA

IranCondraAffair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 10:36 AM
IranCondraAffair

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
Bieksa for Stoll staight up. Both are coming off injury filled underachieving seasons. Both easily could turn it around and go back to productive players.

Vancouver is stocked on defence and need centers.
L.A is stocked at center and need defence.

Cap hit should be fairly equal.
I think LA would need to add something personally

Old
09-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocioJoeCorvo View Post
Fisher just signed a new (longish term) contract and the GM loves him, so he wouldn't/won't be traded regardless of value

Vermette could have been since he was an RFA
Who cares about Fishers contract, thats not even the point. Van fans believe that Bieksa value = second line center. So I was asking Sens fan if he would be willing to trade Fisher (a good two way d-sive forward who can score 50-60pts) for Bieksa.

Of course trading Vermette for Bieksa makes sense for Ottawa. Vermette is not solid 2nd line center.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 10:56 AM
IranCondraAffair

Quote:
Who cares about Fishers contract, thats not even the point. Van fans believe that Bieksa value = second line center. So I was asking Sens fan if he would be willing to trade Fisher (a good two way d-sive forward who can score 50-60pts) for Bieksa.

Of course trading Vermette for Bieksa makes sense for Ottawa. Vermette is not solid 2nd line center.
Uhhh, why is Vermette not a solid 2nd line centre?

He's put up an average of 45 points the past two seasons without much, if any, PP time. He's improved every season since he was brought up. He brings a lot to the table in terms of faceoffs, speed, and defensive play (he's great on the PK)

Am I missing something?

Old
09-03-2008, 12:06 PM
RTN
Be Kind, Rewind

Quote:
Personally, I don't see Bieksa getting O'Sullivan. To me it'd have to Bieksa +.
I don't think so, not with O'Sullivan unsigned. He could be asking for 5+ for all we know.

RTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 01:18 PM
matt trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504Heater View Post
Why? You don't want Cheechoo? What can the Sens offer you for him?

Just curious...
I really, really like Cheechoo, and think he is tremendously underrated on these boards, and throughout the nhl. I think he is an excellent 2nd line forward and a capable first provided the team has an elite playmaker (Pitt, San Jose, Philly, Vancouver, Boston, Detroit, ect.). That said, a year from now (when Blake is gone) if there was a Cheechoo for Bieska deal on the table, I would probably do it. He adds toughness, a good point shot, and very strong physical play. He would compliment Boyle exceptionally and allow Vlasic and Ehrhoff to play together on a shutdown unit. Cheech would def. be a loss, but finding a 2nd line winger (let Setoguchi move up to Joe's line) via the free agent marker would be easier, than finding a d-man like Bieska.

The problem with Cheech is he is hardly fleet of foot, and I see the Sharks going toward a speed oriented team (Marleau, Michalek, Mitchell, Setoguchi, Ehrhoff, Boyle, Vlasic, Grier, and Goc all have good speed, while McGinn, Petrecki, and Zalewski are quick prospects). The team is built around a Thornton and Marleau, who are both best complimented by speedy players (Ekman, Sturm, Setoguchi, Michalek have had the most success with them on the Sharks).

As far as who I would want from Ottawa two names come to mind: Antoine Vermette and Chris Phillips. The Sharks defense has done a fantastic job of shutting down Marian Gaborik and other speedy forwards, thanks to speedy defensive d-men like Vlasic and Ehrhoff, but Iginla and Morrow destroy them. Phillips is one of the best shutdown d in the league, and would provide what Hannan did, only better.

Vermette adds the speed element (and the ability to play LW) that the Sharks are likely looking to add. It should be noted that Doug rarely does sideways moves, so a 2nd line forward for a 2nd pairing d-man, may not interest him, same with a Vermette/Cheech swap, while Ottawa would be retarded to trade Phillips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Hmm, interesting. Although it appears that the Canucks are going to give Bernier a shot to work with the Sedins and I don't think that Cheechoo would be good fit with the fast skating Demitra and Raymond. Besides, aren't the Sharks pretty full on defense and not all too deep on wing?
I think your lines would probably look like this:

Sedin-Sedin-Cheech
Raymond-Demitra-Bernier

I don't think Cheechoo would look good due to the speed issue, but Bernier has proven he can be a valuable member of a speed (Michalek-Marleau-Bernier) line.

matt trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 01:46 PM
crazycanuck

Bieksa is the most valuable tradeable defenseman the Canucks have, Salo and Ohlund have NTCs and Mitchell is a defensive defenseman and won't garner much until the deadline but the Canucks would be foolish to trade him as he can create a real good shut down pairing. Outside of Bieksa, none of the other big minute defensemen on the Canucks plays with the type of mean edge that Bieksa does. Bieksa also is cool and calm (sometimes too much) with the puck and has a good first pass out of the zone. He is definately a solid 2nd pairing defenseman who can play 1st pairing minutes. The injury he had last season has blurred his value. I think Bieksa can easily get a 2nd line center who is slightly older and may be considered begining the downslope of his career. Now Bieksa could garner a younger 2nd line center if the team is desperate enough for a defenseman like him or if the Canucks add at least a 2nd tier prospect or 2nd rd pick. That being said I doubt Gillis trades Bieksa unless Gillis gets a real steal of a deal as Bieksa seems like the right type of player for the type of team Gillis and AV seem to be putting together.

crazycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 01:47 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

Higgins + 3rd rounder

He's mainly a winger, but has played center before. He's defensively responsible and will score 50-60 points, but not great on face-offs.

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 03:58 PM
DenGC

Quote:
Why would the Kings want Pyatt and a late round pick? They have no motivation to move O'Sullivan.
I was refering to the post above "Bieska and a second round pick",
thus suggesting Bieska, Pyatt and a mid rd pick instead.

DenGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:
Cheechoo+ a pick.
Cheechoo is going that cheap? I know he had an off year, but I think he could get a bit more than that.....If not...sign Boston up for an offer.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Quote:

I'd trade Fisher but not Vermette. Vermette is a second line center in this league....If you don't believe that then you have never watched him play.

Novak Djokovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 08:34 PM
Caniac12

Considering the Canucks wanted Justin Williams for him, I would assume the Canucks want a very large amount for him.

Caniac12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 08:37 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenGC View Post
I was refering to the post above "Bieska and a second round pick",
thus suggesting Bieska, Pyatt and a mid rd pick instead.
Ahh my mistake. But still, Pyatt and a mid round pick don't really have the appeal of a 2nd round pick.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote