vCash: 500
dam i miss palffy
glad to here is doing good... keep up the updates

King Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 02:27 PM
slovakiasnextone

Palffy just scored the winning goal of the 7th game of the series with Slovan after a perfect pass by Juraj Mikus and Skalica will find themselves in the final. It will be decided tomorrow whether it will be against the experienced team from Kosice or against the young guns from Zvolen. Also the goal was Pallfy´s 60th of the season

Edit: Also, I believe that in a civilized country you shouldn´t be offending a player from the opposite team at your home arena by playing a song like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRv110L0sng ...though Zigo silenced them right, well at least they can finally start rebuilding Samsung Arena for the 2011 WC tomorrow

Last edited by slovakiasnextone: 03-28-2009 at 02:45 PM.
slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 09:02 PM
MadArcand
We do not sow

That goal made my day.

And since when is Blátysláfa civilized?

MadArcand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 02:20 AM
Kamzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiaforever View Post
Edit: Also, I believe that in a civilized country you shouldn´t be offending a player from the opposite team at your home arena by playing a song like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRv110L0sng ...though Zigo silenced them right, well at least they can finally start rebuilding Samsung Arena for the 2011 WC tomorrow
ak ti bude malo, este ti aj pridam.

What a game. What a player. Thanks Zigo for bringing such excitement to the Slovak Extraliga. Mikus too. The hockey atmosphere for the seventh game was amazing.

I am secretly hoping for a Zvolen-Skalica final. The great one versus the next one, Zigmund Palffy versus Tomas Tatar.

Kamzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 02:33 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
ak ti bude malo, este ti aj pridam.

What a game. What a player. Thanks Zigo for bringing such excitement to the Slovak Extraliga. Mikus too. The hockey atmosphere for the seventh game was amazing.

I am secretly hoping for a Zvolen-Skalica final. The great one versus the next one, Zigmund Palffy versus Tomas Tatar.
mal by si to opravit na: "ja zigo na p##u vam dam, ak vam bude malo este vam aj pridam

heh, I´m hoping for such final as well, though I´ve been rooting for Zvolen all season long and I just think that Kosice are playing horribly lately and don´t deserve the title with such play. And one small note, it really wouldn´t be Pallfy against Tatar, actually Michal Chovan is the go-to guy right now in Zvolen. Plus don´t forget Juraj Mikus, I think he showed in the series with Slovan that he´s not only Palffy´s hand baggage

Old
03-29-2009, 06:08 AM
Washington Capitals

Absolutely classless act by Slovan playing such a song. I was watching the game and I was speechless.

But still, Žigo na piču im dal!

Washington Capitals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 02:39 PM
Kamzik

Quote:
mal by si to opravit na: "ja zigo na p##u vam dam, ak vam bude malo este vam aj pridam

heh, I´m hoping for such final as well, though I´ve been rooting for Zvolen all season long and I just think that Kosice are playing horribly lately and don´t deserve the title with such play. And one small note, it really wouldn´t be Pallfy against Tatar, actually Michal Chovan is the go-to guy right now in Zvolen. Plus don´t forget Juraj Mikus, I think he showed in the series with Slovan that he´s not only Palffy´s hand baggage
Yes I certainly agree on what you say about Mikus. Skalica is more than just Palffy. They will needed a team effort to win against Kosice.

As for Zvolen, they unfortunately picked the absolute wrong time to play one of their worst games of the season. Tatar did add a goal though. I wonder if that will be his final Slovak Extraliga game for a long time.

Old
03-29-2009, 03:44 PM
MxK1NGS

Is this Ziggy Palffy's last year playing hockey?
Any chance of him going over to the NHL?

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Kamzik

Zigmund Palffy and his Skalica team look overmatched against Kosice, although they did play better in game two. Kosice now leads the best of seven finals, 2 games to 0. Most alarming for Skalica is that Kosice has yet to squander a 2-0 series lead.

Palffy's 25 game point streak came to an end in Kosice's 3-1 game two victory. Palffy had accumulated an incredible 22 goals and 23 assists during that streak, and was last held pointless on January 13th.

Palffy, Mikus, et. al., now look to get away from US Steel Arena and Kosice where they haven't won a single game since 2007.

Old
04-03-2009, 11:46 AM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Quote:
Zigmund Palffy and his Skalica team look overmatched against Kosice, although they did play better in game two. Kosice now leads the best of seven finals, 2 games to 0. Most alarming for Skalica is that Kosice has yet to squander a 2-0 series lead.

Palffy's 25 game point streak came to an end in Kosice's 3-1 game two victory. Palffy had accumulated an incredible 22 goals and 23 assists during that streak, and was last held pointless on January 13th.

Palffy, Mikus, et. al., now look to get away from US Steel Arena and Kosice where they haven't won a single game since 2007.

Ziggy's putting up some crazy numbers.

ibleedkings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 12:55 PM
marc88

he was fantastic as a la king
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s_ziggy_i.jpg‎ (16.3 KB, 12 views)

marc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 10:47 AM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc88 View Post
he was fantastic as a la king

Yup, he played so much better as a King, then he did in NY or Pitt.

Old
04-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Kamzik

Palffy is not done yet. Perhaps I had written Skalica off too early as they have put together two straight wins and have forced a game six in their best of seven final series against Kosice.

Palffy was dynamite today, scoring three goals including the shootout winner. The 8500 fans in US Steel Arena fell silent as they watched Palffy's winning goal trickle past Kosice goaltender Miroslav Lipovský.

Zigo's first period goal took just 12 seconds and was the fastest goal of the season and in the history of the Extraliga finals. The game ended a 12 game winless streak for Skalica on Kosice ice, they had last won there in February of 2007.

Including the playoffs, Zigmund Palffy now has 64 goals and 62 assists.

Old
04-08-2009, 02:59 PM
MadArcand
We do not sow

I still can't get over the fact that our league is so incredibly stupid as to use shootouts in playoffs. Might as well decide the game with a coin flip...

MadArcand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 03:55 PM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Quote:
Palffy is not done yet. Perhaps I had written Skalica off too early as they have put together two straight wins and have forced a game six in their best of seven final series against Kosice.

Palffy was dynamite today, scoring three goals including the shootout winner. The 8500 fans in US Steel Arena fell silent as they watched Palffy's winning goal trickle past Kosice goaltender Miroslav Lipovský.

Zigo's first period goal took just 12 seconds and was the fastest goal of the season and in the history of the Extraliga finals. The game ended a 12 game winless streak for Skalica on Kosice ice, they had last won there in February of 2007.

Including the playoffs, Zigmund Palffy now has 64 goals and 62 assists.

Thanks!

Old
04-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Kamzik

Palffy was held pointless in game 6, including missing his shootout. After the game he reiterated that he won't play in the upcoming World Championships. So in other words his season is over. Terrific run with Skalica though.

Old
04-10-2009, 05:08 PM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Quote:
Palffy was held pointless in game 6, including missing his shootout. After the game he reiterated that he won't play in the upcoming World Championships. So in other words his season is over. Terrific run with Skalica though.

Damn!

Old
04-10-2009, 06:26 PM
captain AARON MAIDEN*

Quote:
Palffy was held pointless in game 6, including missing his 3 shootout. After the game he reiterated that he won't play in the upcoming World Championships. So in other words his season is over. Terrific run with Skalica though.
fixed

****ing joke slovak-hockey rules

captain AARON MAIDEN* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2009, 03:53 PM
slovakiasnextone

I just found this on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9M58...eature=channel

Old
04-18-2009, 09:23 PM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Quote:
Awesome thanks!!!

70gp 126pts wow

+100 +/-

Old
05-18-2009, 07:49 PM
Kamzik

Zigmund Palffy took part in summer training with his HK 36 Skalica team in preparation for the 2009-10 season. Skalica has a couple of new faces, including forward Rene Jarolin and Czech goaltender Martin Falter.

The big question now is whether Palffy will come back and play in the 2010 Winter Olympics. Miroslav Satan in an interview with Pravda on Saturday is the latest player to state he would like to see Palffy on the team.

Old
05-19-2009, 07:00 AM
DoanStopBelieving

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedkings View Post
Yup, he played so much better as a King, then he did in NY or Pitt.
I don't know about that... he did have 3 straight 40+ goal seasons on the Island.

DoanStopBelieving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 09:46 AM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie Heward View Post
I don't know about that... he did have 3 straight 40+ goal seasons on the Island.

He was a better all around player when he played for the Kings. Andy Murray was the main reason for that.

I think it was the 03 season, he had around 85 pts and the next King had 37 pts. Just an example how hard he worked his ass off when he was here.

Old
05-19-2009, 11:27 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Zigmund Palffy took part in summer training with his HK 36 Skalica team in preparation for the 2009-10 season. Skalica has a couple of new faces, including forward Rene Jarolin and Czech goaltender Martin Falter.

The big question now is whether Palffy will come back and play in the 2010 Winter Olympics. Miroslav Satan in an interview with Pravda on Saturday is the latest player to state he would like to see Palffy on the team.
Satan wants him to play, every other player wants him to play, Filc wants him to play, you want him to play, I´ love to see him play there, but he won´t....

People should finally grasp that he has retired from the National team and won´t play for it ever again, when he decides somehing, then he does it......

Old
05-19-2009, 01:22 PM
slovakiasnextone

Palffy got voted player of the year and Best forward of Extraliga by the fans in "ReasonY Star of the Extraliga". Full results:

Player of the year:
1. Žigmund Pálffy (HK 36 Skalica) 2417
2. Rudolf Huna (HC Košice) 1813
3. Juraj Mikúš (HK 36 Skalica) 188

Goaltender of the year:
1. Imrich Petrík (HC´05 Banská Bystrica) 1870
2. Ján Laco (HKm Zvolen) 1713
3. Sasu Hovi (Slovan Bratislava) 746

D-men of the year:
1. Ján Tabaček (HC Košice) 2593
2. Jan Hranáč (HK 36 Skalica) 1204
3. Ladislav Čierny (HKm Zvolen) 520

Forward of the year:
1. Žigmund Pálffy (HK 36 Skalica) 2048
2. Rudolf Huna (HC Košice) 1995
3. Juraj Mikúš (HK 36 Skalica) 297

Defensive forward of the year:
1. Peter Bartoš (HC Košice) 2271
2. Dušan Pašek (HK 36 Skalica) 1202
3. Peter Húževka (HC Košice) 852

Coach of the year:
1. Anton Tomko (HC Košice) 2666
2. Mojmír Trličík (MHK 32 Liptovský Mikuláš) 899
3. Miloš Holaň (HKm Zvolen) 713

Discovery of the year (born in 1988 and younger):
1. Tomáš Tatar (HKm Zvolen) 2389
2. Július Hudáček (HC Košice) 1805
3. Erik Čaládi (HK Ardo Nitra) 119

Young player of the year(born in 1985 and younger):
1. Július Hudáček (HC Košice) 1665
2. Juraj Mikúš (HK 36 Skalica) 1646
3. Michal Chovan (HKm Zvolen) 253

Other prizes:
Cena ReasonY – young goaltender of the year (U18): Tomáš Bziňák
Medial services of the year: HC Košice
Club of the year: HC Košice

To be honest, it is quite obvious that mainly Kosice fans have voted, I mean I get that they won the championship, but the fact that Huna almost passed Palffy. And Mikus>Hudacek, I mean Hudacek didn´t even play most of the season, I´m not denying his talent, but.....