Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Central Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Any News on Ziggy Palffy?

Old
05-22-2009, 12:15 AM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
Well, it looks like Palffy might be signing a contract with Ska St. Petersburg in the off-season

Kamzik, also if you still believe that hes gonna play in Vancouver 2010, Id advice you to read this interview http://www.denniksport.sk/article/92...o-v-petrohrade

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 09:33 PM
Mr Kanadensisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiaforever View Post
Well, it looks like Palffy might be signing a contract with Ska St. Petersburg in the off-season

Kamzik, also if you still believe that hes gonna play in Vancouver 2010, Id advice you to read this interview http://www.denniksport.sk/article/92...o-v-petrohrade
What does he say about 2010?

I think it would really suck if he decides not to play. I think in the past he has said stuff about letting the younger players get the experience, but IMO that is a load of garbage. Looking at the way Slovak hockey is going this may be the last Olympics in a long time where the Slovaks have a good shot at a medal. They need him now, the young guys will have many more chances in the future.

Mr Kanadensisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 02:28 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kanadensisk View Post
What does he say about 2010?

I think it would really suck if he decides not to play. I think in the past he has said stuff about letting the younger players get the experience, but IMO that is a load of garbage. Looking at the way Slovak hockey is going this may be the last Olympics in a long time where the Slovaks have a good shot at a medal. They need him now, the young guys will have many more chances in the future.
He doesnt really talk about 2010, but the NT in general and about how different the atmosphere there is now than it used to be a few years ago. Way worse than it used to be.

Old
05-25-2009, 07:12 PM
Hockify

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedkings View Post
Yup, he played so much better as a King, then he did in NY or Pitt.
So much better, how? That isn't true. He did just as good on the Islanders as he did on the Kings except for his rookie season when he didn't even get ice time. Every other season he was more than a ppg player just like on the Kings. His only 90 point season was as an Islander.

Hockify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 11:43 AM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockify View Post
So much better, how? That isn't true. He did just as good on the Islanders as he did on the Kings except for his rookie season when he didn't even get ice time. Every other season he was more than a ppg player just like on the Kings. His only 90 point season was as an Islander.

Like I said before, he became an all around better player when he came to the Kings. His + - Stats, defensive play, leadership skills, etc really came to life under Andy Murray.

ibleedkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 01:01 PM
Kamzik

Zigmund Palffy might play at the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver

One of the best players in the history of Slovak hockey in an interview with Slovensky Rozhlas (SRo) iterated that he is thinking about a return to the national team for next year's Winter Olympics in the Canadian city of Vancouver:

"Every athlete is drawn to the Olympics, the best athletes in the world appear there. There exists a chance that I will be in Vancouver, but we'll have to see what shape I'm in and if I am injured. For hockey players it is difficult to determine ahead of time if they will appear at the Olympics or not. Right now I am devoting time above all else to where I will play (next season)," said the 37 year old winger for SRo.

Kamzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 12:53 AM
Kamzik

I am a bit surprised my last post was ignored. I think it is big news to see Zigo is contemplating playing in the Olympics. He would provide some nice secondary scoring and leadership. Or chop up the top line and make a couple of decent ones.

Old
05-29-2009, 11:04 AM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
I am a bit surprised my last post was ignored. I think it is big news to see Zigo is contemplating playing in the Olympics. He would provide some nice secondary scoring and leadership. Or chop up the top line and make a couple of decent ones.

I'm really excited about the news, I just hope he's for real and not just thinking about it.

ibleedkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 10:07 PM
MxH0CKEY

Does Anyone have any newer news on Ziggy Palffy and him as a possibility playing in the 2010 Olympics?

MxH0CKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Kamzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Palffy33 View Post
Does Anyone have any newer news on Ziggy Palffy and him as a possibility playing in the 2010 Olympics?
Well, a parade of players have stated they would really like Palffy to play. The latest was Marian Hossa yesterday who said Palffy would be a nice boost for the Olympic team. But as SlovakiaForever has already stated here, it doesn't matter what they think, or what I think, etc. The decision will be made entirely by Zigo.

On that note Zigo for the first time several weeks ago dropped a couple of hints that he *may* play. That is as far as I know the latest.

Old
07-01-2009, 07:32 AM
slovakiasnextone

I wonder whether Mr. Palffy is ever gonna let us know where hes going or whether he staying or what. Dinamo Minsk were supposed to announce the decision on Palffy by the end of last week, but it is already Wednesday and there is no word on it. Though reading this article in Sport, it kinda hints that he is staying, but it is all in all very confusing:
"What was valid on Sunday, was completely different on the other day. Just today, an hour ago it was talked about something, that now in the moment that were talking isnt valid anymore either, " told us our secret source with a smile and added that the heads of HK 36 are ready to go up with the salary of Zigmunds contract that should last for another two seasons. If he accepts it they will pick the old contract apart and sign a new one.

Old
07-01-2009, 12:24 PM
MxH0CKEY

How old is Ziggy now?
37? 38?

MxH0CKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 12:33 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Palffy33 View Post
How old is Ziggy now?
37? 38?
Turned 37 in May.

Old
07-02-2009, 02:11 AM
Kamzik

hokej.sk and Pravda are reporting this morning that Palffy will remain with Skalica despite interest from Magnitogorsk, CSKA Moscow, and Minsk. The mayor of Skalica (who is also the vice-president of HK 36 Skalica, said they were not going to free up their star, and that Palffy has a two year contract that will be honored.

I think this news is good for Skalica and the Extraliga. I am glad he is staying. That being said, I think this move makes an appearance in the Olympics less likely. Would be too difficult to go from Extraliga to Olympics, and this move sounds like Palffy is content with his pseudo-retirement.

Old
07-02-2009, 07:39 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
hokej.sk and Pravda are reporting this morning that Palffy will remain with Skalica despite interest from Magnitogorsk, CSKA Moscow, and Minsk. The mayor of Skalica (who is also the vice-president of HK 36 Skalica, said they were not going to free up their star, and that Palffy has a two year contract that will be honored.

I think this news is good for Skalica and the Extraliga. I am glad he is staying. That being said, I think this move makes an appearance in the Olympics less likely. Would be too difficult to go from Extraliga to Olympics, and this move sounds like Palffy is content with his pseudo-retirement.

Great news for every true hockey fan

Lets face it 2 years in Slovakia> 1 appearnce in Olympics

I know that hes agreat player, but it is just so not worth it, the chance to go far in this tournament is so low for us that even a guy like Ziggy would not help it muc.

Though I almost laughed my ass of on the Chovanec comment, if Palffy wanted to go somewhere, Skalica couldnt do anything about it.

Old
07-07-2009, 07:17 AM
slovakiasnextone

So appearently, Juraj Mikus has signed a contract with TPS Turku, FIN. Im really interested wholl be next Palffys lugagge

Old
07-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Kamzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiaforever View Post
So appearently, Juraj Mikus has signed a contract with TPS Turku, FIN. Im really interested wholl be next Palffys lugagge
I think the obvious choice would be to move up Miroslav Zlek to the first line with Palffy and Richard Hartmann. That move however certainly wouldn't help Skalica's second line which is an important part of their success.

Old
07-07-2009, 11:46 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
I think the obvious choice would be to move up Miroslav Zlek to the first line with Palffy and Richard Hartmann. That move however certainly wouldn't help Skalica's second line which is an important part of their success.
Moving up Zalesak, would mean that there would be pretty much only Pasek left on the scoring depth chart on the other lines, so I dont think theyd do that. Theyll more likely move up a guy like Kutalek or Novak or someone else whos name we dont even remember.

Old
07-07-2009, 11:42 PM
Kamzik

From what I read this morning on SME, Juraj Mikus is going to try out with the Los Angeles Kings. So there is one of two scenarios: 1. he makes the Kings and plays this year in the NHL, 2. he is cut by the Kings and plays this year with TPS Turku.

Old
07-08-2009, 01:51 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
From what I read this morning on SME, Juraj Mikus is going to try out with the Los Angeles Kings. So there is one of two scenarios: 1. he makes the Kings and plays this year in the NHL, 2. he is cut by the Kings and plays this year with TPS Turku.
Kamzik, not that I want to sound pessimistic, but the chance that he makes the Kings is very slim, although it exists.

Though gotta love his "No way, Ill play in the AHL" attitude.

Old
07-08-2009, 03:25 PM
ViD

Damn, that sucks...I really wanted to see how he would do in the KHL.

ViD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 04:17 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViD View Post
Damn, that sucks...I really wanted to see how he would do in the KHL.
Ahh, well what can you do

Old
07-13-2009, 09:10 AM
vlady

Quote:
I think the obvious choice would be to move up Miroslav Zlešk to the first line with Palffy and Richard Hartmann. That move however certainly wouldn't help Skalica's second line which is an important part of their success.
Zalesak is the obvious choice. However, I must say I am very disappointed with the performance curve of this player. He used to be a pretty good prospect even for the NHL. However, it seems to me like he is getting worse every year and he is not yet old enough to be slowing down so much. Maybe he just lacks motivation...

vlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 04:49 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlady View Post
Zalesak is the obvious choice. However, I must say I am very disappointed with the performance curve of this player. He used to be a pretty good prospect even for the NHL. However, it seems to me like he is getting worse every year and he is not yet old enough to be slowing down so much. Maybe he just lacks motivation...
Yes, I agree with you on Zalesak getting worse and worse, but as sad as it is that is the effect that our "Extraliga" has on most players playing here for a longer time....

But anyway, if hes the one who gets moved up then hes probably gonna be on fire thanks to Palffy, but anyway I still have this feeling that Skalica will do something unlikely and move up an other player, just to have the offensive power divided to at least two lines.

Old
08-03-2009, 07:26 AM
vlady

I said it in another thread but I am so happy I have to repeat. Ziggy said he wants to play at the Olympics. This is great news for Slovak hockey. I am not saying he can help us win a medal but at least we get to see him in action in world class hockey again.

vlady is offline   Reply With Quote