Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Any News on Ziggy Palffy?

Old
08-03-2009, 07:31 AM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlady View Post
I said it in another thread but I am so happy I have to repeat. Ziggy said he wants to play at the Olympics. This is great news for Slovak hockey. I am not saying he can help us win a medal but at least we get to see him in action in world class hockey again.
Hmm, I donīt trust anything Ziggy says anymore.....I have a strong feeling that heīs just toying with us all along.......

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 06:59 AM
vlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiaforever View Post
Hmm, I donīt trust anything Ziggy says anymore.....I have a strong feeling that heīs just toying with us all along.......
I dont think so. Before it was all just rumours of his comeback to the national team and I didnt believe those. But this actually came from his mouth. I believe we will see him suit up for our national team in Vancouver. You will see.

vlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2009, 12:44 AM
Mr Kanadensisk

Quote:
I said it in another thread but I am so happy I have to repeat. Ziggy said he wants to play at the Olympics. This is great news for Slovak hockey. I am not saying he can help us win a medal but at least we get to see him in action in world class hockey again.
Very good news. It is such a short tournament I didn't think it made sense for him to miss it if he was still playing.

Mr Kanadensisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Kamzik

Quote:
Zalesak is the obvious choice. However, I must say I am very disappointed with the performance curve of this player. He used to be a pretty good prospect even for the NHL. However, it seems to me like he is getting worse every year and he is not yet old enough to be slowing down so much. Maybe he just lacks motivation...
They have indeed moved Zalesak up to first line C, and so far he has responded quite well with 2 goals and 2 assists in his first 3 games. Tibor Visnovsky has also spent time on the Palffy line and has 1 goal and 4 assists in 3 games; though some of his points come playing with Jarolin and Kocak.

Kamzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 02:45 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
They have indeed moved Zalesak up to first line C, and so far he has responded quite well with 2 goals and 2 assists in his first 3 games. Tibor Visnovsky has also spent time on the Palffy line and has 1 goal and 4 assists in 3 games; though some of his points come playing with Jarolin and Kocak.
Well, from what Iīve seen and heard Palffy is playing quite lazy right now, pretending as of the season hadnīt started yet.Itīs amystery to me how he got the points he has so far. If he continues at this pace, Iīd rather not see him at the Olympics. Iīll bet heīll excuse himself from the NT because the tempo of the league was too slow to prepare him for a such high level competition as the Olympics. Not that it isnīt true, but I personaly consider the part that he isnīt even trying very important as well.

Old
10-23-2009, 07:30 AM
Washington Capitals

Palffy to Minsk?

http://hokej.sme.sk/c/5075175/palffy...do-minska.html

Washington Capitals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 09:23 AM
Kamzik

Zigmund Palffy will play for Carlsbad in next month's Spengler Cup. I think he probably wants to increase the intensity a little before the Vancouver Winter Olympics, and he was offered a nice contract by Karlovy Vary. He will return to Skalica after the end of the tournament.

Old
11-14-2009, 11:47 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Zigmund Palffy will play for Carlsbad in next month's Spengler Cup. I think he probably wants to increase the intensity a little before the Vancouver Winter Olympics, and he was offered a nice contract by Karlovy Vary. He will return to Skalica after the end of the tournament.
That just sounds so weird when you write it like that.

Old
11-17-2009, 04:38 PM
slovakiasnextone

Pálffy confirmed that heīll play for Karlovy Vary at the Spengler Cup, he also mentioned that he is planning to suit up for Slovakia alongside Stumpel during the mid-December NT games.

Old
11-20-2009, 04:25 PM
slovakiasnextone

Somebody actually hit Palffy......Brian Ihnačák has got balls....

Didnīt see this up till now, I suppose nobody from Zvolen bothered to tell Ihnačák that he was playing against Mr. untouchable...

Old
11-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Kamzik

I have mixed feelings about the hit. First off Zigmund seemed like he was moving in slow motion with his head down. He could not get away with such play in better leagues.

That being said, it looked like Ihnacak was head hunting a bit. I am not sure how many strides he took towards Palffy but it did look like charging to me.

Old
11-21-2009, 02:31 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
I have mixed feelings about the hit. First off Zigmund seemed like he was moving in slow motion with his head down. He could not get away with such play in better leagues.

That being said, it looked like Ihnacak was head hunting a bit. I am not sure how many strides he took towards Palffy but it did look like charging to me.
I seriously donīt think Ihnačák was head hunting, it would be pretty much a suicide attempt to do someting like that on Skalicaīs ice....It was all just Palffy playing with his head down, because he thinks that the refīs wonīt allow anybody to touch him.....

Old
11-24-2009, 03:28 PM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Well is he ok or not???

ibleedkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 04:14 PM
vlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedkings View Post
Well is he ok or not???
he just came back today and scored a goal and added an assist in a 5-2 win over Poprad

vlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 11:22 AM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Quote:
he just came back today and scored a goal and added an assist in a 5-2 win over Poprad

Great News, thanks.

ibleedkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 02:45 PM
Kamzik

Zigo surprisingly was held pointless tonight in Skalica's 6-1 win over HK Orange 20. That being said, if there was such a thing as third assists, he would have gotten a couple.

Old
12-13-2009, 02:11 AM
MxK1NGS

So, what is the great Ziggy Palffy's plans? He BSing or is it true about Vancouver?

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 02:20 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Doughty8 View Post
So, what is the great Ziggy Palffy's plans? He BSing or is it true about Vancouver?
I think weīll see how serious he is about his decision after the NT games and the Spengler Cup.

Old
12-13-2009, 02:24 AM
Kamzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Doughty8 View Post
I posted an interview with him from last week in the International Tournaments section, thread on the Slovak roster.

Old
12-26-2009, 03:41 PM
Kamzik

I just watched Zigo play for Karlovy Vary in the Spengler Cup versus Canada. Although he didn't really turn up on the scoresheet, I liked what I saw. He had numerous dangerous rushes, a really nice shorthanded scoring chance. He even made a few defensive plays. He had a big smile on the bench and seemed to be enjoying himself.

He shot first in the shootout for Karlovy Vary and didn't score. I wasn't pleased with the move the Canadian goalie made, it didn't look legal to me. On every shot he flopped forward and knocked the net off the moorings with his skates. Lame.

Old
12-27-2009, 04:50 PM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
I just watched Zigo play for Karlovy Vary in the Spengler Cup versus Canada. Although he didn't really turn up on the scoresheet, I liked what I saw. He had numerous dangerous rushes, a really nice shorthanded scoring chance. He even made a few defensive plays. He had a big smile on the bench and seemed to be enjoying himself.

He shot first in the shootout for Karlovy Vary and didn't score. I wasn't pleased with the move the Canadian goalie made, it didn't look legal to me. On every shot he flopped forward and knocked the net off the moorings with his skates. Lame.
Glad to hear this news. Would love to see my favorite player in Vancouver and from what I heard from you he looks like he can play at that level still.

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 12:07 AM
Kamzik

Zigmund Palffy today became a player-coach, accepting an assistant coach position with HK 36 Skalica. It is a bit of a formality as Palffy has been acting-assistant coach in everything but name since he returned to Skalica. Now it just becomes official.

Old
01-17-2010, 06:47 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Zigmund Palffy today became a player-coach, accepting an assistant coach position with HK 36 Skalica. It is a bit of a formality as Palffy has been acting-assistant coach in everything but name since he returned to Skalica. Now it just becomes official.
Didnīt work out that well in the first game, lost to Martin 1-4 an Ziggy is currently trailing 2 points behind Popradīs Peter Klouda.

Old
01-17-2010, 10:29 PM
Kamzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiaforever View Post
Didnīt work out that well in the first game, lost to Martin 1-4 an Ziggy is currently trailing 2 points behind Popradīs Peter Klouda.
Blah, nice win though today over HC Kosice. From what I just read, Zigmund is in charge of the Skalica powerplay.

"So far we are practicing the same things as before", said Zalesak with regards to the influence of Palffy on the powerplay. "I don't think that it will be a radical change. Zigo already had authority over players, so he will just continue to do so. If he suggests some improvements, we'll take them to heart".

I don't take much into Klouda or Bulik having as many points or more than Palffy. From what I saw in the December internationals, Palffy is not only playing above the level of the Extraliga, but also better than the KHL guys.

Old
01-21-2010, 01:08 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Blah, nice win though today over HC Kosice. From what I just read, Zigmund is in charge of the Skalica powerplay.

"So far we are practicing the same things as before", said Zalesak with regards to the influence of Palffy on the powerplay. "I don't think that it will be a radical change. Zigo already had authority over players, so he will just continue to do so. If he suggests some improvements, we'll take them to heart".

I don't take much into Klouda or Bulik having as many points or more than Palffy. From what I saw in the December internationals, Palffy is not only playing above the level of the Extraliga, but also better than the KHL guys.
Not to offend Palffy, but it really isnīt hard to be better than the KHL crap on our national team, IMO Bulík (so did Tatar) did manage just that before the last WHC in exhibition games against teams around the same level we played in December, itīs just that Filc wasnīt looking.