Notices

Don Sweeney

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2004, 08:32 AM
hockeyhomer99

vCash: 500
Don Sweeney

Anyone else been surprised by the steady play of Don Sweeney. His signing did not bring overwheming joy to my heart.. An old, non-scoring, small, slow defenseman.. Thank God we got him He has brought an old style consistance defenseman play to a team that was falling apart at the seams.. He is my 3rd Star of the Season... Thanks Don.......

HH99

Old
02-23-2004, 08:43 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

I've been saying this for a while now, but I am utterly happy with him. At first he didn't really seem to provide much, but as soon as injuries ocured he not only stepped it up, but has actually made an impact. He now is one of our most reliable and dependable defenseman out there, rarely making mistakes, he can log 20 minutes a night and even laying the smackdown occasionally. He had some hard hits last night.. Offensively, he's unspectacular, but that isn't his game, never has. He's playing like a veteran #4 defenseman right now, and IMO has been a pretty big and underrated reason why the Stars defense has been pretty solid as of the last 2 months. Just like people thought Boucher was only to be a mere depth defenseman, Sweeney seems to be more than that as well.

Old
02-23-2004, 09:53 AM
Stock Rocks

Donny is a good dude.

Glad to hear he's gaining respect down in Big D...

Old
02-23-2004, 12:30 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock Rocks
Donny is a good dude.

Glad to hear he's gaining respect down in Big D...
yah- nice to see sweens doing well. i remember most people ripping the stars for signing him over the summer, but the guy is all class, and in great physical shape. good luck donny!

Old
02-23-2004, 05:13 PM
Starsdude

Inserting Sweeney has been one of the things that changed the season

Old
02-23-2004, 10:56 PM
Dallasman

I have been very impressed by him. He came in without much hype and is still playing without much hype and is playing very well. +9 is quite the impressive stat for him and how much he plays.

Thanks Boston

Old
02-24-2004, 12:37 AM
TJF

Send a message via MSN to TJF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasman
I have been very impressed by him. He came in without much hype and is still playing without much hype and is playing very well. +9 is quite the impressive stat for him and how much he plays.

Thanks Boston

No problem, now give us Brendan Morrow

Glad to hear Sweeney is doing well, but in the orginal post, the guy said Sweeney was slow, Don Sweeney is a great skater that's actually always been one of his best attributes.

Old
02-24-2004, 09:03 AM
hockeyhomer99

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJF
No problem, now give us Brendan Morrow

Glad to hear Sweeney is doing well, but in the orginal post, the guy said Sweeney was slow, Don Sweeney is a great skater that's actually always been one of his best attributes.
That was just some of the comments that I had heard, I guess I should have put it in " ". That was not my evaluation of him.. Actually had never seen him play, knew the name and the fact that he had been in the league 15yrs. in Boston and if Boston was ready to let him go, then.....

Old
02-25-2004, 11:40 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyhomer99
That was just some of the comments that I had heard, I guess I should have put it in " ". That was not my evaluation of him.. Actually had never seen him play, knew the name and the fact that he had been in the league 15yrs. in Boston and if Boston was ready to let him go, then.....
sweens has definitely lost a step, but the b's moved him b/c jillson and morrisonn were expected to step in this season. i thought he still could be a serviceable #6, especially with his leadership/character, tremendous work ethic/physical shape, and the fact that he always brings his 110%. guess that was a good assessment.

Closed Thread