HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Gaborik to Rangers?

Closed Thread

Old
09-03-2008, 08:32 AM
otto bond

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromGomezToZherdev View Post
We need Drury. We need Gomez. They have the two largest contracts. We would be able to move Rozsival I think. Our defense wouldn't look too bad without him. Just up Mara one spot, and bring in Pock.

Imagine:

Naslund-Gomez-Gaborik
Prucha-Drury-Zherdev
Dawes-Dubinsky-Callahan
Voros-Betts-Orr

Redden-Staal
Mara-Girardi
Kalinin-Pock

Not bad if you ask me.
Redden is a wild card if you ask me. At one point he was that top 2 guy, now I'm not so sure. Hope it works out for you guys. Go HABS Go

Old
09-03-2008, 08:32 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoy View Post
I think they'd part way with Gomez before Drury.
You think some team is stupid enough to take on that huge ridiculous contract? I think NY is stuck with it and they deserve to be! Plus Gaborik to Dallas make better sense to me!.......

Old
09-03-2008, 08:40 AM
ZDH

Quote:
Rozsival+Jessiman+3rd in 09

Hmm how can we finalize this ?
barf

Gaborik will be with the wild this year...

Old
09-03-2008, 08:40 AM
funky

Quote:
Rozsival+Jessiman+3rd in 09

Hmm how can we finalize this ?
by adding some players of value to an extremely overpaid defenseman, a bust and a frigin 3rd rounder. I hope this was sarcasm

Old
09-03-2008, 08:47 AM
GAGLine

If the Rangers were to swing a deal for Gaborik, one of Gomez, Drury, Rozival, Redden or Lundqvist would have to be in the deal. Gaborik will be getting a lot of money and the Rangers can't afford him unless they trade away one of their highly paid players.

Now, there's no way they trade Lundqvist, and I doubt they trade either Dman. Both were just signed to new contracts and I don't think either is the type of player Minny would want for Gaborik.

That leaves Gomez and Drury. Gomez is younger, but I think Drury is less dependent on having a scorer on his wing. And I think the Rangers would want to pair Gomez with Gaborik, so I'd say Drury would go to Minny.

In addition to Drury, I could see the Rangers sending Prucha to shed a little more salary and give Minny another NHL level player. I think they would also add a prospect and a pick, though the prospect probably would not be Cherepanov. It's still unknown whether he will come over or not. Minnesota isn't going to risk it.

It would probably take one of Anisimov, Sanguinetti, Korpikoski, Sauer or Del Zotto. Sauer is coming off a knee injury, so he would probably be out, and I don't see the Rangers trading Anisimov. That leaves Sanguinetti, Korpikoski and Del Zotto. Korpedo is closest to NHL ready of the three. The Rangers may not trade him if they think he will fill a spot in the lineup this year, perhaps taking Prucha's place. So it comes down to Sanguinetti and Del Zotto.

So I think ultimately the package for Gaborik would be:

Drury, Prucha, Del Zotto, 2nd or 3rd in 2009.

Is that enough to get it done? I think so.

Old
09-03-2008, 09:01 AM
Bill_Crosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
If the Rangers were to swing a deal for Gaborik, one of Gomez, Drury, Rozival, Redden or Lundqvist would have to be in the deal. Gaborik will be getting a lot of money and the Rangers can't afford him unless they trade away one of their highly paid players.

Now, there's no way they trade Lundqvist, and I doubt they trade either Dman. Both were just signed to new contracts and I don't think either is the type of player Minny would want for Gaborik.

That leaves Gomez and Drury. Gomez is younger, but I think Drury is less dependent on having a scorer on his wing. And I think the Rangers would want to pair Gomez with Gaborik, so I'd say Drury would go to Minny.

In addition to Drury, I could see the Rangers sending Prucha to shed a little more salary and give Minny another NHL level player. I think they would also add a prospect and a pick, though the prospect probably would not be Cherepanov. It's still unknown whether he will come over or not. Minnesota isn't going to risk it.

It would probably take one of Anisimov, Sanguinetti, Korpikoski, Sauer or Del Zotto. Sauer is coming off a knee injury, so he would probably be out, and I don't see the Rangers trading Anisimov. That leaves Sanguinetti, Korpikoski and Del Zotto. Korpedo is closest to NHL ready of the three. The Rangers may not trade him if they think he will fill a spot in the lineup this year, perhaps taking Prucha's place. So it comes down to Sanguinetti and Del Zotto.

I think if you take the pick out, or make it conditional on Gabs resigning, this is a really fair proposal.

Old
09-03-2008, 09:35 AM
NYReign

I'd do that in a heartbeat but Drury does have a complete NMC so we would have to get him to waive it. As BillyH20 mentioned he grew up a Ranger fan and waited a long time to get here so I don't think he'd waive it...

If this deal were to happen I think it's more likely to be centered around Rozsival (we would have to move one of the big contracts and he's the easiest to move) and Dubinsky (hate to give him up but Minnesota wouldn't do it without getting some offense back). On top of that we'd probably still have to give up the Prucha/Del Zotto/pick combo or something similar. It's a lot but I think I'd go for it. I'd still try to sell Drury on waiving his NMC first though and go with GAGLine's original proposal...

Old
09-03-2008, 09:37 AM
Luongo2008*

Which means sundin won't go to rangers?

Old
09-03-2008, 09:40 AM
IranCondraAffair

As an impartial fan, I'd guess they'd try for

Gomez
Dubinsky
Lesser prospect Minn covets
and a 1st in 09.
+maybe conditional pick if he does re-sign

For
Gaborik
+maybe conditional pick if he doesn't re-sign

Old
09-03-2008, 09:46 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocioJoeCorvo View Post

Gomez
Dubinsky
and a 1st in 09.

For
Gaborik
That's exactly along the lines of what the asking price would be for Gaborik. I was thinking Gomez and Dubinsky as well.

Old
09-03-2008, 09:49 AM
n_a_c

I don't think Goborik will be on the Rangers. They don't have the cap space, and I don't see any of their big contracts being traded.

But if it were to happen - I think Sather's style is to NOT trade for Gaborik. Just sign him as a UFA.

Riskier of course, but I think it is better to overbid 500k or even a million for a UFA as opposed to losing any combination of Gomez/Drury, top prospect, top pick. Need to clear cap space? Great - then trade someone for more picks/young assets.

Old
09-03-2008, 09:53 AM
NYReign

If they would want Gomez and Dubinsky then we either need to sign Sundin too somehow or wait until Gaborik is a FA because we can't replace two of our top centers.

Old
09-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocioJoeCorvo View Post

Gomez
Dubinsky
and a 1st in 09.

For
Gaborik
The Rangers get robbed there.

Old
09-03-2008, 09:54 AM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post

Like I said earlier, Rozsival has to be going the other way. We can't trade our captain, Drury, or our top center, Gomez(who would most probably play with Gaborik). So it seems unlikely that we'll get him. Unless Minny has a GM as ****** as Fletcher. Hey, maybe we can get Gaborik and a first rounder in 09 for Rozsival?

Old
09-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
That's exactly along the lines of what the asking price would be for Gaborik. I was thinking Gomez and Dubinsky as well.
Yes because all teams would love to move two of their top-three centers in a deal for one winger.

But that ever-so-comforting conditional pick evens it out for me.

We would bring in Gaborik to play with Gomez, not trade him away. Drury has a NMC.

I'm not buying any of this.

Old
09-03-2008, 10:06 AM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

This would break my heart.

Old
09-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Yes because all teams would love to move two of their top-three centers in a deal for one winger.

But that ever-so-comforting conditional pick evens it out for me.

We would bring in Gaborik to play with Gomez, not trade him away. Drury has a NMC.

I'm not buying any of this.
Be ready to be disappointed then, as you don't trade dead wood to get good lumber. Gaborik is an elite player in this league and to get a player like that, you better be ready to pay the price! NHL09 isn't reality!

Old
09-03-2008, 10:13 AM
VanCity Millionaires

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSinceBirth View Post
Holy Christ I could only hope and wish. Could you imagine Gabby and Gomer flying around the ice on the same line? Throw is a finisher like Prucha (Well, of yesteryear, hopefully), or a sniper like Naslund, or a puck handler like Zherdev? We would actually have an exciting line to watch!
Uh, you're in for a bit of a shock.

Old
09-03-2008, 10:20 AM
chef223

Gaborik to Toronto Steen, Poni, White and a 2010 first get it done

Old
09-03-2008, 10:22 AM
Passchendaele

Everyone is rumored to New York?

Old
09-03-2008, 10:24 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
Cherepanov, Sanguinetti, Dawes, 1st in 2010, 2nd in 2009

hmmmm
Drury, Chere, Del Zotto/Sang 1st in 10 2nd in 09/Prucha.

09-03-2008, 10:28 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passchendaele View Post
Everyone is rumored to New York & Montreal?
Fixed it for you!

Old
09-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
You can't because there's no way the Wild would take that.
I agree 100% Why would they and why would we offer that? Roz is a much needed player on defense.

The only point of this trade would be to upgrade our offense without damaging our defense.

Drury or Gomez would have to go.

Old
09-03-2008, 10:34 AM
IrishSniper87

Gaborik is better then Drury or Gomez, not to mention Drury and Gomez have horrible contracts. In order to nab Gaborik, one of them has to be included and then maybe Dubinsky and a pick, probably first round.

As much as I hate the Rangers, it would be dumb to make this trade, from a general hockey perspective.

I am annoyed with how the Flyers and Rangers are mentioned in all these rumors, the Flyers have about a mill in cap with Hatch on LTIR. I assume the Rangers are also right against the cap.

How are teams against the cap supposed to trade for a star???? Especially from a team like minny that seems to prefer being closer to the cap floor anyway.

Old
09-03-2008, 10:38 AM
coolbean04

I think a fair trade is

Dubinsky, Dawes, Prucha, Kalinin, 1st round pick for Gaborik.

Rangers plug Fritsche into Duby's spot (Anisimov takes 3rd line spot in the future so trading in strength), Gaborik takes Dawes spot, and no major loss in Prucha and Kalinin.

Minny gets 4 players that they can plug into there lineup. 3 of them could play on there top 2 lines.

The 4 players the the Rangers trade = 4.92M in salary.

Closed Thread