HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ottawa to sign Glen Murray?

Old
09-03-2008, 04:14 PM
bruinsfan46

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadSen View Post
He's still probably a top six guy. Playing as a grinder for the top line or second line.

Vermette - Spezza - Alfredsson
Heatley - Fisher - Murray
Foligno - Kelly - Neil
McAmmond - Bass - Winchester

Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson
Vermette - Fisher - Murray
Foligno - Kelly - Neil
McAmmond - Bass - Winchester
If you're expecting him to "grind" you will be severely dissapointed.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 04:25 PM
duckchobbins

I imagine that he will sign SOMEWHERE for a year for chump change.

as others have said, he most likely wont play any more than 60 games. he did have a great shot, but lost his touch for basically the entire year. i think for a week or two he had a point streak going, 7-8 games maybe then didnt score for 2 months. he doesnt play a lick of defense. he takes some really, really bad penalties. hes just not going to fit anywhere in todays game.

i dont think hes going to do anything worth mentioning. the clutch and grab years are over, and poor glen just cant keep pace with anybody.

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Beyonder91
Seids the Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post
He can do exactly what Stillman was supposed to do for the Sens. When you look at the forwards Ottawa has there are guys like Vermette, Fisher, Foligno, Kelly....Murray really wouldn't be expected to do a whole lot. 20-25 goals and 50-60 points is definitely realistic. And who cares if he's not that fast, just go hard to the net and put the puck in.
you've got it all figured out... just go to the net and put the puck in... easy 60 points...

when has Murrays game ever been driving to the net hard? certainly not in the last 2 full seasons i've watched of him

Stillman was/is a much better all around offensive player than Murray... he can do much much more than just park himself in the slot... Murray unfortunately can't even do that successfully anymore

Beyonder91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 04:51 PM
ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Another Bruin fan here and I'll tell you Murray will frustrate the heck out of you.He loses his edge more often than not and when he does get his shot off its usually off target.

Not to mention he looks as if he's skating in quicksand.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 04:54 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyonder01 View Post
he was

but you are the one who is kidding yourself now... i watched every single Bruins game and he was horrible this past year and absolutely atrocious in the playoffs
17 goals in 63 games is 2nd line type production... the man has 69 goals since the lockout while only playing 3/4 of the games... he may not be a 1st liner... but Murray still produced to 2nd line standards in terms of goals last year

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Ask any Bruins fan that had to watch to him last year and they'll tell you otherwise.
yes... LAST year... the drop off from 28 goals to 17 is too dramatic to not give him a chance

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Beyonder91
Seids the Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
17 goals in 63 games is 2nd line type production... the man has 69 goals since the lockout while only playing 3/4 of the games... he may not be a 1st liner... but Murray still produced to 2nd line standards in terms of goals last year

yes... LAST year... the drop off from 28 goals to 17 is too dramatic to not give him a chance
17 goals on the first line/pp unit with one of the best playmakers in the league... that is pathetic considering Savard would give Murray a few great scoring chances every game

Old
09-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Kamina
Amok

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
If you're expecting him to "grind" you will be severely dissapointed.
Scoring more than 40 points is enough.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

I want Foligno to be on the third line for next year and I would definitely like this move.

Novak Djokovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
17 goals on the first line/pp unit with one of the best playmakers in the league... that is pathetic considering Savard would give Murray a few great scoring chances every game
thats why I'm not saying he is a 1st line talent... but Murray will do fine on the 2nd line of most teams in the NHL

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan1 View Post
One of my favorite players. A lot of Bruins fans hated him. I kinda hope he proves us wrong, and proves he can still play.
I don't think a lot of B's fans hated him. The ones who did were very vocal but I bet there were many more that just didn't respond to all of that anti-Murray crap ( I know of many on this board).

Glen was playing with a bone that stuck out of his right foot/ ankle so bad that he had a hard time getting the skate on...He had surgery to fix it .

If Glen made 2.5 he would still be on the Bruins.

I have season tickets and all of the STH near me liked Muzz. He was also well liked and respected by fellow team mates.

I hope he has his his best year no matter who gets him. I bet he has some great goals left in him. I will stand up and cheer for him when he comes to the Garden

Muzz plays with much heart ...is a leader and VERY classy guy.

GOOD LUCK MUZZ !!

09-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Beyonder91
Seids the Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
thats why I'm not saying he is a 1st line talent... but Murray will do fine on the 2nd line of most teams in the NHL
i disagree... at this stage of his career he needs top line talent more than ever to be productive

he lacks speed, playmaking ability, and stickhandling and is completely dependent on a good playmaking center to get the puck to him around the slot area for a onetimer/shot... not to mention his shot was way off last season

if you put him with spezza sure he could get 25 goals if he stays healthy... but that is a big IF and you need to understand he will be useless in every other aspect of the game

honestly, how much have you watched of Murray the past two seasons?

Last edited by Beyonder91: 09-03-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old
09-03-2008, 07:07 PM
IranCondraAffair

What have I done to deserve this?

Should I have bought less overpriced Sens merchandise...or more?

You'd think after playing the Bruins so much Murray would know better

He's just going to get in the way. If you want him so bad, sign him if injuries crop up or after training camp when you become convinced no one can fill that last top-6 role, not now though, not now Brain Murray

IranCondraAffair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 07:32 PM
CorpseFX

vCash: 50
Quote:
Murray is only useful for secondary scoring. not first unit PP time, so settle down. Alfy, Spezz and Heater will be getting all that PP time. Murray just needs to get garbage goals (in easier minutes) and frankly, the Sens dont have much to choose from the UFA market for goal scoring. and their top 6 depth beyond the first line needs a little help if they plan to compete on a realistic level in the East. its not the best, but if they can get him on a 1-year contract or something. good enough.

CorpseFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 07:56 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadSen View Post
Scoring more than 40 points is enough.
I can tell you right now he's not gonna score 40 points. He scored 37 playing first PP and on a line with Marc Savard who could even be a better playmaker then Spezza. And he won't even be playing with Spezza. Yes he was hurt last year but he'll miss some games this year for sure. He's simply broken down.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Beyonder91
Seids the Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpseFX View Post
Murray is only useful for secondary scoring. not first unit PP time, so settle down. Alfy, Spezz and Heater will be getting all that PP time. Murray just needs to get garbage goals (in easier minutes) and frankly, the Sens dont have much to choose from the UFA market for goal scoring. and their top 6 depth beyond the first line needs a little help if they plan to compete on a realistic level in the East. its not the best, but if they can get him on a 1-year contract or something. good enough.
and my point is that he won't be able to get those "garbage goals" in easier minutes...

i've already explained why in earlier posts... did you not read any of them? he needs a top playmaking center... he can't create offense on his own and he isn't a banger who will crash the net for the garbage...

Old
09-03-2008, 08:08 PM
CDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post
He can do exactly what Stillman was supposed to do for the Sens. When you look at the forwards Ottawa has there are guys like Vermette, Fisher, Foligno, Kelly....Murray really wouldn't be expected to do a whole lot. 20-25 goals and 50-60 points is definitely realistic. And who cares if he's not that fast, just go hard to the net and put the puck in.
No, he can't because Stillman still is a decent player. I watched Murray this year, every game, and like the other guy said, it was BRUTAL. I feel bad for him because he is such a nice guy. With Spezza helping him, I would say 15-20 goals is possible, but he is either hurt or slumping. Defensively he is responsible, but he always gets burned because of his speed and his reluctance to play physically.

CDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 05:54 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Murray was bothered by injuries greatly last year. He is still capable of playing with right guys who'll feed him the puck. He can still score 25 goals and 50-60pts if he stays healthy. Anyone who says otherwise - don't believe him. B's fans trying to make themselves believe that they didn't loose much in Murray, he can still play if healthy!!!

Everyone is in love with Lucic and deems him to be the next Neely - it ain't happening though. The kid is great, his work ethic is terrific but he's a second liner and not a set in stone second liner yet...

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 06:07 AM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by 504Heater View Post
We'll bring Jason Spezza and Dany Heatley and see what shakes out.
An 11th place finish?

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 08:45 AM
Indrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poignant Discussion View Post
An 11th place finish?
Who finishes 10th?

Indrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 08:54 AM
Juice*

who cares, they havent signed him yet. Bruins signed Ryder for god's sakes.... i could care less what they or their fans think of sens moves

Juice* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 09:02 AM
Gonzothe7thDman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
Murray was bothered by injuries greatly last year. He is still capable of playing with right guys who'll feed him the puck. He can still score 25 goals and 50-60pts if he stays healthy. Anyone who says otherwise - don't believe him. B's fans trying to make themselves believe that they didn't loose much in Murray, he can still play if healthy!!!

Everyone is in love with Lucic and deems him to be the next Neely - it ain't happening though. The kid is great, his work ethic is terrific but he's a second liner and not a set in stone second liner yet...
Can you find the post/thread where everyone said "Lucic is the next Cam Neely"?

Cuz ive been a faithful poster on the bruins board for over a year and i have yet to see it....

Gonzothe7thDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 09:11 AM
Juice*

lucic is the next Neil..ahahaha funny but true

Juice* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 09:15 AM
shaner89

He had 17 goals and 30 Points in 65 games last yr playing with one of the best passers in the league (Savard) and playing big PP minutes.

And you guys think he should play on a top line? Thats absurb. Hes done, finished, washed up.

shaner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 10:14 AM
TOML

Murray's approaching the sad decline of his career. He doesn't seem to have his speed or shot anymore. And considering how many capable centermen the Bruins have, he should've been able to cash in on way more spoon-fed goals.

If i'm Ottawa, i'm taking a pass.

If i'm LA, i'm considering it only to get to the cap floor.

And if i'm Tampa Bay, i'm all for signing Murray. Because ima CrAaAzZzZyyYY!

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 10:41 AM
8thRoundPick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice View Post
who cares, they havent signed him yet. Bruins signed Ryder for god's sakes.... i could care less what they or their fans think of sens moves
Because of a signing made by the Boston GM, you don't think the voices of Bruins fans are credible?

Pick up your keyboard, and hit yourself over the head with it. If you hear a hollow sound rather than a firm thud, you've located the source of your problem.

8thRoundPick is offline   Reply With Quote