HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Olli Jokinen

Old
09-03-2008, 07:05 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyC83 View Post
I don't think Ballard and Boynton are worth as much as the Sedin twins. I think the trade that occurred around the draft rated him quite accurately.
I disagree.. vehemently.

Jokinen scored more than each Sedin yes, but if you look at points to dollars it's pretty much accurate.

Add that on to the fact that Jokinen scored all those points in the Southeast division, in which players offensive numbers are well-documented to be inflated compared to players whose divisional rivals are tougher defensively, and the fact that he has now left a second team under a dark cloud, and I'm not sure I'd give one Sedin for Jokinen.

EDIT: Completely misinterpreted JonnyC83 (see below), just keep scrolling folks.. nothing to see here.

Last edited by R0bert0 Lu0ng0: 09-03-2008 at 08:08 PM.
R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 07:56 PM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by torque View Post
He's good. But not that good.
Enough to pry the Sedins out of Van? Puh-lease.

This thread is a joke -inen.
I didn't have the Sedin part there, because I agreed with that he couldn't bring back both.

And he should be a pretty wanted commodity, since he is good, and there isn't that many in the league that can do the same.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 08:02 PM
k1llua

Send a message via AIM to k1llua
Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy View Post
I disagree.. vehemently.

Jokinen scored more than each Sedin yes, but if you look at points to dollars it's pretty much accurate.

Add that on to the fact that Jokinen scored all those points in the Southeast division, in which players offensive numbers are well-documented to be inflated compared to players whose divisional rivals are tougher defensively, and the fact that he has now left a second team under a dark cloud, and I'm not sure I'd give one Sedin for Jokinen.
If I understand correctly, that's what he's saying.

To put it visually:

Sedins > Ballard/Boynton = Jokinen

That seems about right. Now, Jokinen over a single Sedin is a different story. Personally, I'd take Jokinen over one Sedin, because the Sedins work their best together and Jokinen has had comparable seasons with no linemates to speak of. But, its really a toss up seeing as we don't know how the twins perform apart for extended periods of time.

k1llua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 08:07 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1llua View Post
If I understand correctly, that's what he's saying.

To put it visually:

Sedins > Ballard/Boynton = Jokinen

That seems about right. Now, Jokinen over a single Sedin is a different story. Personally, I'd take Jokinen over one Sedin, because the Sedins work their best together and Jokinen has had comparable seasons with no linemates to speak of. But, its really a toss up seeing as we don't know how the twins perform apart for extended periods of time.

I read "draft" and thought "deadline," I thought the poster was implying that Jokinen's worth is closer to the proposed Sedins deal than to what he went to Phoenix in exchange for.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote