Notices

Yelle to Boston

Old
09-03-2008, 04:02 PM
haQ Loob

vCash: 500
Yelle to Boston

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2483...=headlines_nhl

Though he's not measured up to his past performance lately, he did play a big part in the success Calgary had. So, I'm sure most fans will wish him well as he goes to Boston. Expect him to be worth the 750K they're paying him.

haQ Loob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Son of Donegal

Hi guys...Boston has a huge log jam at center...so everyone here in Boston is wondering why Peter Chiarelli made this trade. What can we expect from Stephane Yelle? Thoughts...

Son of Donegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
Good luck to Yelle! He's a leader, good on the draw, gritty and is still serviceable on the pk. He used to be elite on the pk but now he's always beat up and a little injury prone. He's young but his style has lead to injuries. Perhaps his greatest quality is his unbelievable ability to block a shot. He's a master at that but doesn't expect any offense. If he plays the full year and scores 3 goals, be happy with that because he will provide the other intangibles.

Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Treliving The Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Donegal View Post
Hi guys...Boston has a huge log jam at center...so everyone here in Boston is wondering why Peter Chiarelli made this trade. What can we expect from Stephane Yelle? Thoughts...
A guy who gives it 110% every second he's on the ice. He wins a ton of faceoffs and blocks a ton of shots. He won't put up many points, but he'll make up for it with his heart and grit.

Kinda sucks to see Yeller go. He isn't the same as he used to be but he'll be missed, there was just no room for him. I wish him the best in Boston.

On a side note, how many former Flames play for the Bruins now? Savard, Kobasew, Ference, Yelle... am I missing anyone?

Treliving The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 04:51 PM
StreakingRed
#unsustainable

The best of luck to Ol' Sandbox in Boston. Of all the players to leave this off-season, he's the one I'll miss the most. A true warrior who gave it his all for this team, and that will always be much appreciated.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 06:32 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Good to see him sign on with a team. He'll always be a fan favorite in Calgary.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 09:27 PM
GoFlames

Yelle will be missed, he is not a player with lots of flair but he is tough and a very hard working warrior type. He is a faceoff king and will block nearly any shot. Most of all I will miss Yelle in the off season. He had a great game one vs San Jose with 2 goals... Good luck Yelle.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 10:00 PM
AndersEriksson*

Only thing to add to this thread is his magnificent play in the playoffs last year. At times he was even dangerous offensively. It's hard not to be a Bruins fan these days. Best of luck to Yelle.

AndersEriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 11:30 PM
DBU
Never Quit

vCash: 464
Good luck Sandbox.

Quote:
On a side note, how many former Flames play for the Bruins now? Savard, Kobasew, Ference, Yelle... am I missing anyone?
Donovan played for them two seasons ago!

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 01:55 AM
LennyV

Good luck Yelle. He wasn't great last year (except for the playoffs as many has mentioned) but I think he can turn it around in a new environment.

Last edited by LennyV: 09-04-2008 at 02:01 AM.
LennyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 04:44 AM
orcatown

Frankly glad to see Yelle out of Calgary. Was always pain in the ass to play against as far as the Canucks were concerned. Thought he epitomized the Flames team that went to the Cup final.

Last year was obviously slowed by some type of injury. Got a lot of mileage on him.

orcatown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Qubax

I like Yelle. But he isn't a very good hockey player anymore. Hope he does well though..all the best...

Qubax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2008, 01:08 PM
StreakingRed
#unsustainable

I'm glad he didn't end up in Minnesota where he was rumoured to be going, and went out East instead.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2008, 07:14 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 150
I don't care how old he was, he should've been resigned. I loved that guy.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2008, 07:19 PM
Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderlizer View Post
I don't care how old he was, he should've been resigned. I loved that guy.
We all "loved" him, but it was time for the Flames and Yelle to part ways. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me that sometime in the future Yelle returns just not as player. Though I guess that would depend on the GM.

Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 06:40 PM
R U A Flamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
We all "loved" him, but it was time for the Flames and Yelle to part ways. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me that sometime in the future Yelle returns just not as player. Though I guess that would depend on the GM.
Do you know the flames record was with him in the line up Vs games when was injured?

Hello Tavares

R U A Flamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 07:26 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
Originally Posted by R U A Flamer View Post
Do you know the flames record was with him in the line up Vs games when was injured?

Hello Tavares
Do you even know what the flames record was with and without him? I'm interested in knowing what he was assuming you know.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 09:22 PM
R U A Flamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
Do you even know what the flames record was with and without him? I'm interested in knowing what he was assuming you know.
Not exactly thats why I asked. Memory tells me that he was injured twice in the past three years for periods of in excess of 10 games and I believe the flames were had winning percentage of less than .400 when he was out of the line up. IMHO he is the most underated flames of recent memory. What ever line he was on could always be relied upon to make the smart play. Kipper and the D will feel his loss. The loss of Yelle will be felt in the win loss column more than any player that has left since the cup run.

R U A Flamer is offline   Reply With Quote