HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jarret Stoll signs with the LA kings 4 year deal

Old
09-05-2008, 01:13 PM
koeltrain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
I don't want to get into a pissing contest on who is riskier but they both have a lot of risk. Like I said before, Lubo isn't getting any younger and typically players talent escapes them the older they get. Maybe not this season but you have 5 more seasons of him. He's also not the toughest player. He has missed 10+ games 4 of his 7 NHL seasons. Teams know this and you'll see a team like Anaheim go after him all night. And can we put the "Lubo playing on the left side" argument to rest? He put up his best numbers of his career on that side.

I think in the short run, Lubo will be a good acquistion but 3 years down the road I am not so certain he'll be the player he was. And that is the whole point of the trade from the Kings perspective considering his salary and NTC that was about to kick in.
Well I think we can agree that both sides got what they wanted from the trade then. With Stoll getting around the salary I expected him to, due to giving up UFA years it wasn't in the Oilers best interest to keep him, but it does not mean he is not valuable. That is not in the least what I am saying, because I actually was in the group that wanted to give Stoll another year to see if he improved... unfortunately the salary situation was not ideal and part of that is due to the emergence of the Oilers young players, so I cannot say that I am too disappointed about it. If you look at my earlier post you will see that I think of him as great captain material and that's due to the heart in his play (until last year).

I really like Stoll and hope he bounces back, but I also hope Lubo can be a solid vet putting up 0.5ppg with the Oilers in his very worst years.

koeltrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2008, 01:15 PM
koeltrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
The consensus seems to be in most media articles that we overpaid for Stoll. I guess time will tell....it is rough that he gets a 1.2 million dollar raise coming off a bad season. Exactly what happened with Cloutier.
Well like you say time will tell. Any contract that takes up UFA years is a lot different that the RFA years, which it was for his previous contract. So that much must be taken into account for the raise.

koeltrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2008, 02:17 PM
Jonas1235

-23!!

Jonas1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas1235 View Post
-23!!
He was decent, defensivly.

He just the worst ES producer on the team.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2008, 05:03 PM
karnige
Real Life FTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas1235 View Post
-23!!
stoll is a good defender but he isn't great. Why MacT wanted him on facing the opposing teams top lines is beyond me

karnige is offline   Reply With Quote