HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

08/09 Philadelphia Flyers Prospect Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2009, 05:01 PM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
I like Roy, but I think it's silly just to be interested in someone just because the Wings are. I know their scouting staff is good, but they make their mistakes just like anyone else. Last year they were high on McCollum, but it looks like Markstrom would have been the better choice. Imagine if we had taken McCollum just because the Wings liked him.
McCollum is already a bust? He had a bad WJC's, but he has been solid for his junior team. He still looks like he can be a great pro, especially with his size in net. Roy doesn't have the size that McCollum has, but he has good quickness and athleticism.

And I honestly don't see anything wrong with taking a goalie that the Red Wings are high on, when you have drafting like they do, you have to look into what they are doing right.

Old
02-01-2009, 06:31 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
I just read up a bit on Jhonas Enroth from Buffalo. Is he any good or someone the Flyers should look into?

Old
02-01-2009, 06:41 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
I just read up a bit on Jhonas Enroth from Buffalo. Is he any good or someone the Flyers should look into?
Hes my choice.

Old
02-01-2009, 06:54 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
Swedish posters have said that he looks better than Lundqvist.

Old
02-01-2009, 07:06 PM
bney7

Rinaldo scored again today, he's been just under a point per game player since joining the Knights. It'll be interesting to see if he keeps it up since they are giving him power play time.

Old
02-01-2009, 07:45 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Now this is all completely hypothetical, but what would it take to get Enroth? Now Ive heard the saying that you shouldnt trade for goalie prospects and bla bla, but the Sabres have Miller, so that had to of thought of trading him at some point.

Old
02-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Sneekypete

I have watched Enroth play 3 game against the Soundtigers in the last week or so and he is flat out nasty.He stole 2 games against Bport single handedly , making big lateral stop after big lateral stop.His angles and reflexes are presently better then any goalie the Flyers have had in the last 10 years or so.This kid is going to make his mark soon but it probably wont be with Buffalo.A prospect swap would be great if possible.I just think it may be very tough to get him.

Old
02-02-2009, 06:16 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
In other words of putting it, the Flyers are finding excuses as to why they have failed to draft and develop a top notch/front line starter. They have had several chances to draft a quality net minder, but they've failed. They've also failed in a development environment with regards to goaltenders. I hope Holmgren and company luck out with Eriksson, but I'm not holding my breath. Des Serres looks like he's going to flop as well.......

Old
02-02-2009, 07:44 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

I don't think they'll deal Enroth. By the time he's ready to be a starter, they're going to have to make a decision between he and Miller.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
02-02-2009, 07:53 AM
Chuck Downie
Berube is Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by bney7 View Post
Rinaldo scored again today, he's been just under a point per game player since joining the Knights. It'll be interesting to see if he keeps it up since they are giving him power play time.
I was at that game......Rinaldo was all over the place. It's nice that 2 years in a row, we have drafted players in the later rounds whose value have risen from the previous season - Maroon and Rinaldo. Hopefully, the trend continues this year....

Phil Varone of the London Knights looks like a mid/late round sleeper this year IMO.

Old
02-02-2009, 09:04 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

What have been some similar trades in the past? Like, What does a team have to give up in order to get a hot goalie prospect?

Obviously one of our best prospects, maybe a decent prospect, a pick? Or what?

Old
02-02-2009, 09:27 AM
Stonehands77

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
I went to a game a few years ago. My friend used to play for Northeastern. I think it was NE vs BU.
As a Northeastern fan, I regularly watch these games (and get my heart broken every year). This year they seem to have a good shot, as they're playing well and Thiessen is absolutely on fire. We'll see, though. BC in the first round is always tough, and I'm a little gunshy about being positive in the Beanpot.

Still, looking forward to the game tonight. The Beanpot is always entertaining.

Old
02-02-2009, 10:22 AM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands77 View Post
As a Northeastern fan, I regularly watch these games (and get my heart broken every year). This year they seem to have a good shot, as they're playing well and Thiessen is absolutely on fire. We'll see, though. BC in the first round is always tough, and I'm a little gunshy about being positive in the Beanpot.

Is that going to be on national tv at all?

Old
02-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Stonehands77

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
Is that going to be on national tv at all?
I don't believe so, sadly. NESN is broadcasting it here in New England.

Old
02-02-2009, 02:08 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

I say were gonna draft on the blueline again.
I want a nasty, stay at home guy. Something that is missing in our system. I know Parent is a stay at home guy, but im not sure he has a mean streak.
Not in favor of drafting a goalie in round 1, our luck has been terrible.

Old
02-02-2009, 02:11 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:

Beanpot ftw! Go BU!

Old
02-02-2009, 02:18 PM
chaosof99*

NHL.com has a story on Pat Maroon

Old
02-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Stonehands77

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Beanpot ftw! Go BU!
Bah, you guys have won it enough already. Give NU a chance. We have the least titles out of any of the teams, and haven't won one since 1988. Although they should have won Jim Fahey's senior year (2002, I think?). I'm still furious over that one. A wide open net to shoot at, and the NU guy misses it. Gah. Never mind the low bridge hit Freddy Meyer threw on Fahey in the 3rd period that, of course, didn't get called. Nope, no bitterness here!

Old
02-02-2009, 02:50 PM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Bah, you guys have won it enough already. Give NU a chance. We have the least titles out of any of the teams, and haven't won one since 1988. Although they should have won Jim Fahey's senior year (2002, I think?). I'm still furious over that one. A wide open net to shoot at, and the NU guy misses it. Gah. Never mind the low bridge hit Freddy Meyer threw on Fahey in the 3rd period that, of course, didn't get called. Nope, no bitterness here!
Haha that's true and we did win my Freshman year. I have to say, I would frickin love to beat BC in the final, but I guess that would leave you guys out in the cold.

Did you catch our beatdown of BC a couple weeks ago by any chance?

EDIT: I should add that in any single game elimination, Thiessen terrifies me.

Old
02-02-2009, 02:58 PM
miltons rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
I say were gonna draft on the blueline again.
I want a nasty, stay at home guy. Something that is missing in our system. I know Parent is a stay at home guy, but im not sure he has a mean streak.
Not in favor of drafting a goalie in round 1, our luck has been terrible.
What about Marshall and Bourdon ?

Old
02-02-2009, 03:03 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyguy64
What about Marshall and Bourdon ?
Both are steady players in their own end, and Marshall can be a bit nasty at times, but neither has the physical build of a guy that .com is describing. Bourdon is a 2 way defender and not considered a stay at home prototype, while Marshall does indeed project to be more of a stay at home player that is competent going the other way, but we still could use someone with some more size

Old
02-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Stonehands77

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Haha that's true and we did win my Freshman year. I have to say, I would frickin love to beat BC in the final, but I guess that would leave you guys out in the cold.

Did you catch our beatdown of BC a couple weeks ago by any chance?

EDIT: I should add that in any single game elimination, Thiessen terrifies me.
Who wouldn't love to beat BC? Tell you what, you guys can beat BC next time you play them in the first round, and hopefully that'll keep them where they belong: Beanpot Consolation game.

Didn't catch the beatdown of BC, although I read about it. Honestly, that's a tough game for me to be happy about. It's like asking a Flyers fan "Who'd you rather see win, the Devils or the Rangers?" My answer is always "If they can't both lose, can the stadium collapse and the game never happen?"

And Thiessen is ridiculous right now. Best goalie NU has had in my time following them (starting with Marc Robitaille, who was very good). He's their best player by far, and hopefully he'll get some national recognition this year.

Old
02-02-2009, 03:39 PM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Who wouldn't love to beat BC? Tell you what, you guys can beat BC next time you play them in the first round, and hopefully that'll keep them where they belong: Beanpot Consolation game.

Didn't catch the beatdown of BC, although I read about it. Honestly, that's a tough game for me to be happy about. It's like asking a Flyers fan "Who'd you rather see win, the Devils or the Rangers?" My answer is always "If they can't both lose, can the stadium collapse and the game never happen?"

And Thiessen is ridiculous right now. Best goalie NU has had in my time following them (starting with Marc Robitaille, who was very good). He's their best player by far, and hopefully he'll get some national recognition this year.
Yeah, I'm surprised Thiessen doesn't have more of a national profile. I mean, Millan has incredible stats, but a lot of that is just because BU has been so dominant (though Millan is a lot better than Bennett ever was).

Should be fun regardless, I am trying to watch the end of Mystic River and then run over to my friend's to watch the Beanpot.

Old
02-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I don't think they'll deal Enroth. By the time he's ready to be a starter, they're going to have to make a decision between he and Miller.
Beat me to it. With the way the cap is projecting I wouldn't be surprised to see them choose Enroth. But, maybe they were just drafting him in an effort to prepare for life without Miller (or did he sign his extension before the draft?)

Old
02-02-2009, 04:05 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Swedish posters have said that he looks better than Lundqvist.
I cringe everytime I see people compare Enroth (and Markstrom) to Lundqvist at that age because Lundqvist is obviously an unusual case. Lundqvist was a late round pick that didn't stand out until he was almost 21. I am sure there are plenty of Swedish goalies that looks better when they are 18 and 19 than Lundqvist did at that age, but that doesn't mean any of them will be as nearly successful at the NHL level.

That's not to say Enroth won't be good, but comparing him to Lundqvist when he was younger doesn't mean much to me.

Closed Thread