HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Just Offensive

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2004, 08:22 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Just Offensive

Last season Nashville did not have a single player break the 50 point mark. This season we have Sullivan, Walker, Zidlicky, Legwand, Erat, and Timonen all with a shot of breaking 50 points this season, Walker could do it next week, Sullivan did it last night.

Old
02-22-2004, 08:42 AM
stardog

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Last season Nashville did not have a single player break the 50 point mark. This season we have Sullivan, Walker, Zidlicky, Legwand, Erat, and Timonen all with a shot of breaking 50 points this season, Walker could do it next week, Sullivan did it last night.
10 points in 3 games....that is completely sick!
Noone could have or did expect that.
What a great trade....Of course he wont keep that torrid pace up, but lets hope he can keep around a PPG pace. What is his contract status like?

Old
02-22-2004, 08:53 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Walker and Sullivan both have 10 points each since the trade.

Old
02-22-2004, 09:26 AM
Biggun35
Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Walker and Sullivan both have 10 points each since the trade.
Can anyone remember where a one player trade has made this much difference in a team?

It's no more of the "Let's get a one goal lead and sit on it", it's attack until the final horn. And I have never seen the Preds bench having fun like last night in the 3rd period. I was almost shocked when they showed Sullivan and others laughing on the bench. I didn't think Trotz allowed them to have fun.

Old
02-22-2004, 10:47 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

So much for my theory that Trotz couldn't develop offensive talent. If the last several games are any indication, all we needed was a truly offensive goal-scorer to open the game up for us.....

Old
02-22-2004, 11:38 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

i think, in addition to the deadly finisher that we've always needed...sullivan has given us something even more important...something that is going to make us exponentially better...

CONFIDENCE.

we take the ice each night like we expect to win...and all year...when we've had that going for us...we've been close to unbeatable. the difference is...in the past, where a goal 34 seconds in would have instantly deflated us and got us off our game...sully seems to give the guys a "it's okay...we're going to get the next one...and 7 more" attitude. "you score on us? okay, well, only a matter of time, then." he truly seems to be relishing in his role on this team, and the other guys all seem to respect\look up to him. watch every goal in which he's on the ice. he's usually the first person to dash up and hug the scorer. everyone is all smiles, and like he said...when you play relaxed...you win games.

Old
02-23-2004, 01:21 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggun35
Can anyone remember where a one player trade has made this much difference in a team?

It's no more of the "Let's get a one goal lead and sit on it", it's attack until the final horn. And I have never seen the Preds bench having fun like last night in the 3rd period. I was almost shocked when they showed Sullivan and others laughing on the bench. I didn't think Trotz allowed them to have fun.
During thE Phoenix game, I was loving the bench shots. During the third everyone was just kind of hanging around and chatting it up.

Timmonen - "Have at it Schnabel, Ill cheer you from here".

Closed Thread