HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Parenteau

Old
09-06-2008, 03:39 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Parenteau

does anyone think this guy has a solid chance of making the rangers this year?....

i for one would love to see what he could do with drury and dawes on the second line because he adds size and creativity....he also adds offense to a team that may need it.....

for those people who say "why should parenteau get a spot and not prucha?"
---i will say that its not that i think prucha is a bad player, because he isnt, but i dont think he would work well with the direction of the team....he doesnt have a good shot and he always gets crushed in open ice....plus, he wont work well with drury who isnt much of a playmaker and neither is prucha....

anyways, back to the topic at hand, i think he could put up 50 points in a full season in the NHL....the guy is a magician on the PP and he has better size than prucha at 5'11 195lbs and he plays with some sandpaper to his game

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
does anyone think this guy has a solid chance of making the rangers this year?....

i for one would love to see what he could do with drury and dawes on the second line because he adds size and creativity....he also adds offense to a team that may need it.....

for those people who say "why should parenteau get a spot and not prucha?"
---i will say that its not that i think prucha is a bad player, because he isnt, but i dont think he would work well with the direction of the team....he doesnt have a good shot and he always gets crushed in open ice....plus, he wont work well with drury who isnt much of a playmaker and neither is prucha....

anyways, back to the topic at hand, i think he could put up 50 points in a full season in the NHL....the guy is a magician on the PP and he has better size than prucha at 5'11 195lbs and he plays with some sandpaper to his game

he probably could do a fine job but their is too much depth so he will be moved

I see a 3 for 1 deal during the yr.......so much upfront depth on this team.......Hartford will be stacked

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 11:05 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

I don't see Parenteau making it at the NHL level, especially not with the Rangers, given the depth they have.

Sure, he can score in the AHL, but for some, it just doesn't translate. Brad Smyth, Jason Dawe, Ken Gernander, Darren Haydar, Jason Krog... these are all guys that just can't make that leap, and if you ask me, it might be too early, but I see him falling into that category.

I'd gladly take that as my career though, lol.

The Amity Affliction is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 11:45 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
I don't see Parenteau making it at the NHL level, especially not with the Rangers, given the depth they have.

Sure, he can score in the AHL, but for some, it just doesn't translate. Brad Smyth, Jason Dawe, Ken Gernander, Darren Haydar, Jason Krog... these are all guys that just can't make that leap, and if you ask me, it might be too early, but I see him falling into that category.

I'd gladly take that as my career though, lol.
but the thing is the kid hasnt been given a chance to even really get his feet wet in the nhl.....he consistently is one of the top scorers in the AHL and he still hasnt gotten a chance in the NHL.....i say if there is a need for an offensive top 2-line player parenteau should be one of the players seriously looked at as he has the offensive skills to stay with the others better than say a moore or byers would

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote