Notices

R.I.P: Terry Tomasi [Backin72]

Old
09-11-2008, 02:15 PM
Causeway
Formerly Monti46

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Causeway Send a message via Skype™ to Causeway
I haven't been on much, but I can't believe I missed this thread. My condolences to the family. I didn't really know Terry, I've only been around here for about 9 months, but from what I can infer from the stories I've read he was a hell of a person and a Bruins fan. RIP Terry.

Causeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 04:14 PM
the overrated
wicked overrated

It's a shame to be posting this so far after his passing, but I wanted to say that Terry's friends & family are in my thoughts and prayers.

The board - and the hockey community in general - was a better place due to his presence, and he will be missed by all that knew him or read his words.

the overrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Neely08

So sorry to see this thread.

To those that knew him personally - so very sorry for your loss.

I always enjoyed his posts, and personal notes as well. One of those who made me feel welcome here.

Godspeed Backin72, we know you will be watching the B's from the sky box up there.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 06:19 PM
wensink

This is my first time back in a while and when I read that backin72 died, I was stunned.

As I read through the other posts, it made me very sad and he will be missed.

Rest in peace, Terry.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family...

wensink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 09:30 AM
PoisonEye
Where's Carl?

Can someone help me change the text below my username? I can't find the option. I changed my avatar in honor of Backin as some others have.

PoisonEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 09:36 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonEye View Post
Can someone help me change the text below my username? I can't find the option. I changed my avatar in honor of Backin as some others have.
How do I change my user details?

You can change your account information using the User Control Panel. For basic profile details (including your email address and password), click on the 'Edit Your Details' option from within the User CP. This page allows you to set a number of required and optional details, some of which will be displayed on your public profile. With the exception of your email address, do not enter information that you do not wish to be publicly viewable.

http://hfboards.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_...anging_details

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 09:57 AM
PoisonEye
Where's Carl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
How do I change my user details?

You can change your account information using the User Control Panel. For basic profile details (including your email address and password), click on the 'Edit Your Details' option from within the User CP. This page allows you to set a number of required and optional details, some of which will be displayed on your public profile. With the exception of your email address, do not enter information that you do not wish to be publicly viewable.

http://hfboards.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_...anging_details

Thanks, I looked right at it and didn't see it.

PoisonEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 11:14 AM
HooperDrivesTheBoat
2010-2011 CHAMPS!!!

I'm a bit late to respond, but my thoughts and prayers go out to the family of backin72 (Terry).

...he will continue to be a part of this wonderful brotherhood of Bruins fans as long as his words remain on HFBoards.

RIP

HooperDrivesTheBoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Or459O*

R.i.p

Or459O* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 10:59 PM
RussellmaniaKW

Wow, I'm really late in seeing this. I don't post here that often anymore, but I posted on the ESPN boards pretty regularly when Jason Allison was still a Bruin and then ended up here. This is awful news. The last two PM's in my box are from Backin, and I had a nice little conversation with him I'd like to share:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW
So yeah, don't know if you remember me or not but I used to post at the espn boards back in like 2001/2002 and then here, but I don't post as much any more b/c I'm busy with school and it's hard to follow the games in florida, etc. But I've been streaming the playoff games and I was reminiscing while I was reading the board tonight and remembered the group at the espn boards.

Those boards were generally horrible but we somehow had a really wacky group of guys and some great inside jokes like Naker Prono, Garen Eault, and of course a$$ CLOW.

In fact I will never be able to take Ryan Clowe seriously because every time I hear his name I think of that.

re: naker, I'll never forget bruinsfan77 making that bogus link to an "AP article" detailing Naker's untimely death (via TV headbutt) when Tommy Salo blew the game for Sweden in the Winter Olympics. And people on other boards actually bought that there was a swedish superstar named Naker Prono who was in the mold of Bobby Orr (except 7 feet tall)!

Have you ever seen SignGuerin or Doakie around the net since then? I know some people post here like Stick9 for example, but others I wouldn't know where then frequent. anyway, yeah, it was just a message board after all, but just some funny memories all the same.

Take care, man.
Russell
Of course I remember you, you were one of the gang.

We had some freaking hilarious times there. Can't do that here though, too stuffy.

BTW, that was me that posted the AP story about naker. I think I posted it on the main board first. Funny s h i t man.

SG still posts every once in a while on the espn board. I keep telling him to come over here. Good guy.

I'll never forget leafer4life, man that punk was a pain in the ass. lol.

Go Bruins! I still can't believe we freaking won 5-1.
oh man leafer...also how could I have forgotten BearKiller? That guy was easily the funniest troll I have encountered on any board. To this day I still wonder what his deal was (I always figured he was actually a B's fan just having some fun).

Anyway, yeah, great win tonight. This team is so drastically different than it was back than but despite having no real "stars" I'm much more excited for these guys. When I was a kid I remember the Panther's going to the finals on work and grit alone and I've always dreamed of having a Bruin team like that.

Bear Killer........here's a little secret.......after about 4 months of BK, one of my co-workers came into my studio and confessed that it was him. I coulda kicked him in the ass but just laughed. LOL!
This shows what an easy-going, funny guy Terry was. I hope some of you get a laugh out of this. The Bearkiller thing solved an age-old mystery for me, and really cracked me up back in March when he told me that. RIP, Backin72, you're playing hockey with Naker now.

RussellmaniaKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Bruinsyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
Wow, I'm really late in seeing this. I don't post here that often anymore, but I posted on the ESPN boards pretty regularly when Jason Allison was still a Bruin and then ended up here. This is awful news. The last two PM's in my box are from Backin, and I had a nice little conversation with him I'd like to share:

This shows what an easy-going, funny guy Terry was. I hope some of you get a laugh out of this. The Bearkiller thing solved an age-old mystery for me, and really cracked me up back in March when he told me that. RIP, Backin72, you're playing hockey with Naker now.
Wow I'm late to this as well. It is truely a sad day to here that Terry passed away. Russ I know you and I go way back with Backin to the old ESPN board.

That conversation you posted really flooded me with some great memories of the old gang. The Naker Prono and Guerin Eault will go down as some of the greatest inside jokes I've ever seen. To this day I laugh. Some of the things on that board were hysterical. Backin was just one of a few characters that made it so great.

I know he, myself and a few others were a group that came over here and felt as though were looked down upon by some of the veteran posters(in 02-03'). Then we'd go back to the ESPN boards and ***** about it...lol. We said how there were to many people here that were "too tight around the collar". But we all gave it some time and most of us never went back to ESPN because it turned to utter choas.

I never knew him personally, just through the message boards but its been a good 7 or 8 years now since I've known him.

It's unfortunately Bruins nation lost a great fan, but his memories will always be there.

My condolences to his family and friends.

R.I.P. Terry (Backin72) - You will certainly be missed. Say hello to Naker for me...

Bruinsyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 12:06 PM
usual suspects

My condolences to his family and friends.

I don't post much but read a lot of the threads and always stopped to read what "Backin 72" had to say. I never knew his name but you could tell he was a great guy.

usual suspects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 12:48 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

We're fans and sometimes we are so passionated that we let our emotions take the first place, but no matter to who it happens, it's always sad.

RIP from an Habs fan...

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 10:20 PM
mcb4life17

Basically been gone for most of the offseason with it being my busy season at work and I know im late with this but just wanted to give my condolences to his friends here as well. I always enjoyed reading his comments and you could tell he was a true LFer. This board wont be the same without him.

mcb4life17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 01:36 AM
Waltah*

not sure how i missed this thread. RIP , thoughts and prayers go out to family and friends.

Waltah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 02:56 PM
ksp1957

vCash: 361
Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltah View Post
not sure how i missed this thread. RIP , thoughts and prayers go out to family and friends.
Goes double for me. We spend so much time talking about nothing, we lose sight of the really important things.

Condolences to his family.

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 05:29 PM
Cusick-n-Sanderson

I'm something of a lurker and didn't notice this until just seeing
Gee Wally's signature in another post and thought, "I hope that
isn't serious." I knew BackIn as an online Bruins comrade from
back on the ESPN boards almost 10 years ago. Very sad news.

May his soul rest in peace, and condolences to his family and loved ones.

Cusick-n-Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 01:47 PM
rcduthie77

I feel bad for taking this long to respond, I had to back through all my PM's and such and unfortunatly I never had the pleasure of having any sort of extended contact with Terry but I did have the good fortune of becoming a member here while he was still posting.

Terry was a great poster and I really respected his opinion. My deepest condoloences and sympathies to his family and friends....I am also very sorry for taking this long to respond to this.

Terry may you rest in peace and you will forever and always now have the best seat in the house for every Bruins game. God Bless.

rcduthie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 09:12 PM
LowellLockMonster

Wow, I've been away and I'm really sad to hear this news, I remember Backin72 from his ESPN days, always thought he was one of the better quality posters. My condolences to his family and friends.

LowellLockMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 02:14 PM
Bruinguy
Here we are again!

God bless and I hope he enjoyed that game last night!

Bruinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 06:50 AM
Backin72

thanks to all who sent tributes to my Ter-Ter.we were [are ] together for 30 years.He re-proposed on easter sunday,ring and on one knee.Ilove and miss him so. had great times watching/arguing over bruins and habs.Marie J. Tomasi and Hounds

Backin72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 09:05 AM
bruinforstanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backin72 View Post
thanks to all who sent tributes to my Ter-Ter.we were [are ] together for 30 years.He re-proposed on easter sunday,ring and on one knee.Ilove and miss him so. had great times watching/arguing over bruins and habs.Marie J. Tomasi and Hounds
Wishing you the best Marie, in this difficult time.

Personally I very much miss Terry here. No need to tell you what a great human being he was.

He will always have a place in the hearts of those here and will never be forgotten.

God Bless!

bruinforstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 06:23 PM
RustyBruins72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backin72 View Post
Thanks for the post Marie.

I had the pleasure of meeting Terry at a hockey tournament in Winnipeg. We both happened to work for Global and Terry some how figured that out on the ESPN board and I got a company email saying "I hope you are the right one."

He is greatly missed by everyone on this board and I am sure by your entire family.

All the best to you and your family.

Russ Cone
Saskatoon

RustyBruins72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 07:06 PM
MaineHockey1
Let The Season Begin

Send a message via AIM to MaineHockey1
Im so glad that backin's wife got them.

God Bless U! He was a great guy!

MaineHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 11:54 AM
HockeyGoddess

Rest in peace, Terry

I am so saddened to read of Terry's passing... he and I had our back-and-forths when I was a co-moderator here, but I always had a great deal of respect for him, and he had a tendency to post amusing (as well as insightful) anecdotes.

You are missed, Terry. God bless you and your family and friends.

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
HockeyGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote