HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Gainey gets too much praise"- Paul Bourgoin vs "praise is well deserved"-Alex Taddeo

Old
09-15-2008, 08:24 AM
VirginiaMtlExpat
Iggy button advocate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan View Post
To think, I was asking for his head two years ago. Its a good thing I am not steering the Habs ship.
The combination of the first and last sentences is in keeping with your username. .

Gainey has done well. Excepting a few trades that garnered little or outright losses, like Ribeiro and Beauchemin, he has on average gotten a lot of players when their value was low.

I find that he is getting very good at buying low with growing experience. Kovy, Tanguay, Lang. If he were able to get all UFAs under the cap next year, or all minus Lang (who may yet prove that he too should be kept...), I would be extremely pleased. I wouldn't put this scenario, however optimistic, past Gainey.

VirginiaMtlExpat is offline   Reply With Quote