HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The LW-Beaker thread Part XVI: The Beakapalooza Edition

Closed Thread

Old
09-08-2008, 01:06 AM
Stewart JH Esq MBE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart JH Esq MBE View Post
You mean a cigarette, surely.
Quite.

Old
09-08-2008, 01:11 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 50
Quote:
Kuddos. The most I've lasted was just about 2 minutes and I considered myself gifted. That was a few years ago mind you, I must've regressed dramatically since.

Is there anything this man can't do?
Why thank you kind sir. 2 minutes is still really good, I think my best is 2 min 45 seconds. But I don't smoke, or do drugs and I run 5km a day. So I guess that helped me during my test.

Quote:
In bed?

lolololol
2 minutes in bed, now that's crazy talk. Unless you include the time it takes me to run downstairs and make myself a sandwich.

Old
09-08-2008, 01:26 AM
Stewart JH Esq MBE

I just realised beakermania won't like what I just did, but I sincerely hope he understands and turns a blind eye just as Jesus Christ did all these years ago.

H10H and I are always the last ones up posting on here it seems. He can afford it because he's self-employed, and can basically start working whenever he wants.

I do it because I don't have any sleep patterns, I get panic attacks, and I'm slightly stupid.

That said, I'm heading off to bed now.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 09-08-2008 at 01:41 AM.
Old
09-08-2008, 01:41 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
I just realised beakermania won't like what I just did, but I sincerely hope he understands and turns a blind eye just as Jesus Christ did all these years ago.
that was funny... I'm gonna leave it...

this double post gets merged though.

Old
09-08-2008, 05:23 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Mmmmm morning post pad...weeeeeeeeeee

Old
09-08-2008, 06:52 AM
ESunlin

Send a message via MSN to ESunlin Send a message via Yahoo to ESunlin
Gah. 2 a.m.?! I don't even want to think about if I were up at 2 when I have to work early... They still have not fixed my database at work. Hello?! I work at a top 100 hospital, what kind of support staff is this?? If they don't have it up this morning, I'm kinda screwed the rest of this week in terms of times to go in, and times for class.

Seriously H10H, if that secretary position ever opens up....

I'm seriously considering saying screw it and buying Wings tickets anyways. Not that I have extra money, but I'm getting paid, so whatever right? Maybe I'll ask Jason if he wants to go....

Old
09-08-2008, 06:53 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I'm jealous of your cigarette and all the things you do with it. I like the way you suck on it.

Old
09-08-2008, 07:59 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:

H10H and I are always the last ones up posting on here it seems. He can afford it because he's self-employed, and can basically start working whenever he wants.

I do it because I don't have any sleep patterns, I get panic attacks, and I'm slightly stupid.

That said, I'm heading off to bed now.
lol...I wish I could start working whenever I want. Even while typing my crazy posts last night I was working at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESunlin View Post
Gah. 2 a.m.?! I don't even want to think about if I were up at 2 when I have to work early... They still have not fixed my database at work. Hello?! I work at a top 100 hospital, what kind of support staff is this?? If they don't have it up this morning, I'm kinda screwed the rest of this week in terms of times to go in, and times for class.

Seriously H10H, if that secretary position ever opens up....

I'm seriously considering saying screw it and buying Wings tickets anyways. Not that I have extra money, but I'm getting paid, so whatever right? Maybe I'll ask Jason if he wants to go....
You've read my posts, would you seriously want to work for a crazy person like me?

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 09-08-2008 at 08:06 AM.
Old
09-08-2008, 08:22 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Wow…What an awful start to today…Woke up and the coffee timer was set wrong, so I had no coffee to start with. I look like a mess, and I feel like a mess. It was cold when I woke up so I took a really hot shower, fogged up the mirror real nice. Too nice, as I couldn’t see **** when I was fixing my hair and shaving. Result? My hair looks terrible (I have thick, curly hair so those who do as well will understand my pain). Oh, and there are huge patches of stubble on my face because I missed a bunch of spots when I was shaving blind. And then, I had to sprint for the train and managed to rip a huge chunk of skin off my thumb on the handrail as I leapt down the stairs. Then when I was having a cig outside work, I guess due to exhaustion and lack of food, it made me super dizzy and lightheaded and now I’m all sweaty and feeling gross and really NOT in the state of mind to do work, which of course, I actually have a crapload because I don’t work for the gov’t anymore and instead for some crazy company run by engineers who have the oddest business structuring I have ever seen in my life. It seriously makes no sense and the way they do business is so ridiculously inefficient…So much damn overlap.

waffledave
Old
09-08-2008, 08:25 AM
Stewart JH Esq MBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Wow…What an awful start to today…Woke up and the coffee timer was set wrong, so I had no coffee to start with. I look like a mess, and I feel like a mess. It was cold when I woke up so I took a really hot shower, fogged up the mirror real nice. Too nice, as I couldn’t see **** when I was fixing my hair and shaving. Result? My hair looks terrible (I have thick, curly hair so those who do as well will understand my pain). Oh, and there are huge patches of stubble on my face because I missed a bunch of spots when I was shaving blind. And then, I had to sprint for the train and managed to rip a huge chunk of skin off my thumb on the handrail as I leapt down the stairs. Then when I was having a cig outside work, I guess due to exhaustion and lack of food, it made me super dizzy and lightheaded and now I’m all sweaty and feeling gross and really NOT in the state of mind to do work, which of course, I actually have a crapload because I don’t work for the gov’t anymore and instead for some crazy company run by engineers who have the oddest business structuring I have ever seen in my life. It seriously makes no sense and the way they do business is so ridiculously inefficient…So much damn overlap.
Look on the bright side, at this rate, and working with such incompetence, you'll be President in no time.

Old
09-08-2008, 08:38 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Ouch, definitely not a great way to start your day. I'm so glad that I work for myself, cause I had a lot of mornings like yours when I ddn't.

Old
09-08-2008, 08:47 AM
Stewart JH Esq MBE

Quote:
Telling someone you fancy 'I really like you' could make him or her find you more attractive, research suggests.

Making eye contact and smiling have a similar effect, says Aberdeen University psychologist Dr Ben Jones.

His study, involving 230 men and women, found such social cues - which signal how much others fancy you - play a crucial role in attraction.

The work will appear in Psychological Science and will be presented at the BA Festival of Science in Liverpool.

Dr Jones said singletons could use his findings to help prevent wasting time chatting up people who were clearly not interested.

"Combining information about others' physical beauty with information about how attracted they appear to be to you allows you to allocate your social effort efficiently," he said.

In other words, avoid wasting time on attractive individuals who appear unlikely to reciprocate.

In the study, 230 men and women were asked to look at flash cards picturing a face with different expressions - making eye contact or not and smiling or not.

The volunteers were then asked to rate how attractive the faces were.

The preference for the attractive face was much stronger when people were judging those faces that were looking at them and smiling.

Dr Lynda Boothroyd, a psychologist at the University of Durham, said: "We like it when attractive people seem to be behaving positively towards us.

"And we seem to end up with people who are on our level in terms of attractiveness.

"Maybe one of the ways you learn your level of attractiveness is through how other people behave towards you."
I have to write something otherwise it won't let me post.

Old
09-08-2008, 08:54 AM
LilWinger11

Damn, down to 4th place overnight. Well, Beaker has classes today- and as far as I know, he's actually planning to go to them - so I'll catch back up.

Old
09-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Russeltown

is back on track!

Old
09-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post
Damn, down to 4th place overnight. Well, Beaker has classes today- and as far as I know, he's actually planning to go to them - so I'll catch back up.
I'm on my way to a funeral, so I won't be posting for most of the day. So first place in this thread will be open for someone to take a shot at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russeltown View Post
is back on track!
Yes, best news I've heard all morning.

Old
09-08-2008, 09:06 AM
AD

Habs10Habs 46
Beakermania 20
Kachino 18
LilWinger11 17
Stewart JH Esq MBE 15

I miss one afternoon and half a morning.. and I'm already 46 posts behind H10H..

NO FAIR!

Old
09-08-2008, 09:07 AM
Russeltown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I'm on my way to a funeral, so I won't be posting for most of the day. So first place in this thread will be open for someone to take a shot at.

Yes, best news I've heard all morning.
Is it close to you? Or is it employee-related?
Funerals are never nice...

The Internet guy came over this morning, I finally have Th4 Int3rn3tZ1

Old
09-08-2008, 09:10 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Mmmmm boring videoconferences...

Nothing says **** you like one of those on a Monday morning

Old
09-08-2008, 09:11 AM
LilWinger11

Your bucket, Kachino:

More to come later on today.

Old
09-08-2008, 09:13 AM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post
Your bucket, Kachino:

More to come later on today.
Wouldn't that be Russel's bucket after he gets dumped!

*ZING*!

Old
09-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Russeltown

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Wouldn't that be Russel's bucket after he gets dumped!

*ZING*!
Hey , Don't Mess With The !!!

s

Old
09-08-2008, 09:25 AM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russeltown View Post
Hey , Don't Mess With The !!!

s
s

Old
09-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

I was half thinking about changing my avatar for a bit after I got back from various events in various parts this weekend... guess I'll half to keep it on for sure for the life of this thread... which could be by the time I wake up in the morning, I guess.

Old
09-08-2008, 09:30 AM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I was half thinking about changing my avatar for a bit after I got back from various events in various parts this weekend... guess I'll half to keep it on for sure for the life of this thread... which could be by the time I wake up in the morning, I guess.
Please do!

Its creepin' me out.

Srsly.

Old
09-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Russeltown

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
s

I
BANANAS

Why? They're the cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast... obviously!

Closed Thread