HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

David Fischer

Old
01-06-2009, 05:25 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Fischer looks, to me at least, somewhat similar to Brian Lee, both right handed shots, both need to add strength, good puck movers who use positional play as opposed to physical strength to play defense. Lee might have a bit more upside though

But I always remembered that Timmins said he was a long term project, so I don't see what's the rush in labelling him right now, some players develop at different rates, some faster, some slower, some peak early, some peak late...there's no blueprint. But I think Fischer will be fine
I saw Lee here and there, I can see some comparisons, wasn't really a big fan of his, not saying he will be a bust but just he never really impressed me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedrik View Post
Cool, thanks. Any chances he'll be in Hamilton next year?
Yea I think he could turn pro if he wanted to, not sure if the Habs would push for that, but perhaps they would want him to start playing a lot more games then the 40 or so he plays each year now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Was he even at the US WJC selection camp?

Did they not even consider him?

edit: wait, since he was drafted in 2006 hed be too old...

What about last year? Was he invited to the camp?
Yes too old, was invited twice never made it. He did turn down an invite to tryout for the USNDTP, and I've "heard" that when you snubb the national program you got a big strike against you. On the other hand a guy like Danny Kristo who a lot of people didn't see making the wjc team this year, I said since the summer camp I felt he had a decent shot at making the team as I've "heard" that the USA favors players from the USNDTP and he spent two years on the team. Go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
Strange idea : Giving his size, type of physic and skills, could it be possible that guy change position in AHL/ECHL to become a center (or winger), the opposite of what Markov did? I'm not saying I would do it or I wish it. I'm just asking if his skills could translate well. I saw him at a dev camp, and I thought he looked like a center by the way he passes, and skates smoothly... He strangely reminded me of Bobby Smith (!), but I admit it was a very-very-very subjective view, only based on a feeling and a very small sample...
Well Fischer was a forward that switched to defense in high school. As I said above, he was invited to the USNDTP but only as a forward, so clearly he had some skills up front to even get an invite to tryout for the team.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 07:44 AM
BulldogFever

vCash: 500
Following up on who we should draft in 09, we have to take Louis Leblanc. We might have to trade up but I don't mind. I've seen him ranked as low as 20 by Central Scouting and as high as 10 by TSN. He's a prolific scorer but he's smallish and not physical (surprise!) We need a pure scorer up front. There's also the Swedish kid Paajarvi, but I don't think that we can move up that high. Message to Bob - draft a pure scorer up front!

BulldogFever is offline   Reply With Quote