HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Biggest Goal You ever Scored in Hockey...?

Old
09-10-2008, 04:11 PM
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemps View Post
The most memorable goal I scored. Penalty shot which sent us into the playoffs. It looked something like this....

Why the hell would you use that in a real game? There's a 1,000 other moves you could do.

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 04:58 PM
ColonialsHockey10

vCash: 500
I was up in Toronto playing in Silver Sticks and scored the game winning goal against a team in Chicago and allowed us to move on and stay another day in the tournament.

We got destroyed 6-0 the next day by some team from Caledon though.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 09:52 PM
PensFanInCBus

Men's League final, it had gotten very chippy early in the game. I'm the biggest guy on my team (6'5", 260), so I was getting more than a fair share of attention. There was this guy on the other team that thought he was Rob Blake, trying to take everyone out of their skates. Late in the 3rd, about :20 on the clock, tie game.
I get a 1 on 2 break on him and his partner, a terrible skater. I know for sure he's going to try to paste me at the blue line...he comes FLYING at me, I drop down, he goes flying over top of me...into the boards, I move in on his partner, nutmeg him and stickhandle around him...bury a HARD wrister shortside roof from the top of the dot. Championship.

The best part was hearing him thud off the boards, then onto the ice. Beautiful.

PensFanInCBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Hounsy

vCash: 559
Ten minutes to go in a 0-0 tie I sent one towards the net from the side boards and about three feet in front of the goal line that went far post and in.

Now pay no attention to the fact that I'm a goalie and it was an attempt to throw it around the back of the net, rather than in my own net. In what turned out to be the only goal against me in a 1-1 tie, it was still a "big" goal.

Hounsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Offshore Oil

Atom AA Semifinal Edmonton MHA circa 1978...

Tied > 10 minute OT, Bantam players crowding the benches for their icetime, already late...

Refs decide on a shootout to decide - goes about 7 rounds...

All tied then it's my turn as a smallish, defensive defenseman who couldn't yet raise a slapper!

Very slowly, nervously, easing in on their HUGE goalie... aiming low stick side... holding... drifting the other way, quick look and SNAP!

But the puck didn't listen and went five-hole when the goalie kicked his pad out to where I was aiming!

Great feeling with the dogpile, opponents smashing their sticks, adults screaming and the Bantam players (who were Gods in our eyes) hootin' and hollerin', but I was kind of sheepish because I KNEW it was a fluke - everyone thought I was so modest! But that's hockey!

Learned to look at one hole and fire at another that day. Has served me well since (in hockey )!

Yeh, we won the city champs, too

Offshore Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 01:56 PM
The Depahted

2007 Mass Bantam 2 semifinals...

2-2 game with about 3 minutes left in third. My shoulder was totally destroyed from attempting to lay out a massive kid earlier, but i kept my b%!$#ing down and my coach kept me in... i also was using a stick i was totally unfamiliar with as id broken my synergy the game before.

Anyway I lined up behind the center on the offensive zone faceoff and subconsciously took a snap shot off the faceoff win to top shelf... i never saw the shot or the puck but i threw my hands in the air and just stood there while my teammates entombed me. gts... gts... gts...

#2 would be sectionals that year where we were down 2-0 going into the third vs. Bangor, ME and i netted a rebound goal, then followed on the same shift with another one that was so cheap its not even funny. I took a shot just to get a change and it went thru the goalies armpit and rolled into the net. We won 3-2 but went 1-2 in the sectionals so we didnt continue on but at least we werent swept. We were the only massachusetts team to win a game at the tourney

The Depahted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Phaser

Well last season, my ball hockey team was down 4-3 in a game where we were playing against a good team (all the other games we had won by a minimum of 5 goals) and there was about 10 minutes left. we had just scored to make it a 3-3 hockey game, but about 30 seconds later they scored to take the lead and the momentum for our team was completely destroyed. The next shift, they were poring the pressure on, and the ball was in our zone for about 1 and a half minutes. My team couldn't seem to clear the zone. Finally, my team mate just flipped the ball out and into their zone. I chased after it from our blueline in a race with their defensemen, who had a good 2 m head start. i managed to beat him to the ball, but that was at the top of the crease with the goalie coming out. I pulled the ball to the side of the crease, and shot from about a cm from the goal line behind the goalie to tie the game up. The next shift my team mate scored and we won the game. It was big because we were down 2-0, but managed to come back, and after that game we were invited to provincials.

Phaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 09:25 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstrom #19 View Post
Why the hell would you use that in a real game? There's a 1,000 other moves you could do.
Shot went wide off the boards. I'm standing next to the net, not in front of it. The puck is on my stick and I just did it. Almost like an instinct. It wasn't on the break away.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 11:49 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
it was the semi final for my summer league team... we were the 4th seed playing the number 1. the only game they lost all year was to us.. i led the league in scoring during the regular year but in this game i didnt play that well and had a couple of assists.. this team we were playing hadnt lost in nearly 3 years, had a full bench and we had 8 guys. it was back and forth all game, we were up 5 4 with 5 minutes to go until they tied it.. they pressured us hard for the final 5 mins, but with 10 seconds to go we had a 2 on 1 develop at our defensive blueline.. i drove hard to the net the guy with the puck shot i just put my stick down it hit off my stick and fluttered into the net and then the horn went off.. it was awesome.. the great thing was most of the guys on the other team were real close, and the championship would be played 2 days after on thursday night.. all of them took off work friday to celebrate winning the championship and they didnt even make it.. bitter effin sweet

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 09:52 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

OT game winner, fired at the side of the net from the corner and it bounced in off the goalie's skate.

Playoff goal, gathered the puck in my own end, went behind the net, came up and deked around an attacker, moved between two others up the ice with speed, charged towards one of the defenders, then toe drag the puck in and fire between his legs to beat the goalie high glove side

And another playoff game, I had two goals, both roofed from the top of the crease. My only two-goal game.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 10:20 AM
The Brewmeister
#Winning.

Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
for me... my first goal, puck was skipping around in the goal crease and me being 7 or 8, found the puck on the line and just poked it in. Now being 19, it's still my favourite goal because it opened 11 more years of goal scoring

i was more of a "Luke Schenn Type" player, i picked a player before the game (usually the biggest player) and my goal was to knock them out. I don't think there was a game where i didn't do that.

The Brewmeister is offline   Reply With Quote