HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

will Sutter trade for a forward

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-23-2004, 05:45 PM
  #1
Mr.Sinister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 220
vCash: 500
will Sutter trade for a forward

in a perfect world he could use one of his 3 goalies as bait for a scoring winger.
i could see McCLennan being traded,
any ideas as to whom they may be talking to?

Mr.Sinister is offline  
Old
02-23-2004, 09:37 PM
  #2
ohlund2.2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 605
vCash: 500
Why trade McLennan when you have a 4 million plus backup in Turek?

ohlund2.2 is online now  
Old
02-23-2004, 09:38 PM
  #3
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters
 
Ice Cream Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 4,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohlund2.2
Why trade McLennan when you have a 4 million plus backup in Turek?
Well, there's this thing called trade value.....salary has alot to do with it these days.

Ice Cream Man is offline  
Old
02-24-2004, 12:08 AM
  #4
kruezer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,273
vCash: 500
I really don't think Turek or McLennan alone get anything but a pick really, well Turek might get a bit of a return. A package job is the way to go.

kruezer is offline  
Old
02-24-2004, 08:33 AM
  #5
Badger Bob
Registered User
 
Badger Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: in my happy place
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,286
vCash: 500
This isn't my worst fear, but something inside of me is telling me things are going to shape up like this:

there will be no trades for a 2 way-winger and/or a veteran d-man. That means that the only pre-deadline transaction will remain the waiver reacquisition of Jason Morgan.

This time presents the real challenge to Daryl Sutter, as he's under intense pressure to keep the team in line for a playoff spot as coach. As GM, it appears that he's handcuffed from making any significant moves without first removing a contract (i.e. Turek's). He's in an unenviable position right now.

It might all boil down to this - grabbing one of those bottom spots. After that, hope & pray that Kiprusoff becomes white hot. Then, he gets so into the heads of the other team's forwards that they neglect their respective defensive responsibilies, leading to just enough Flames offense to win 2-1 games.

Badger Bob is offline  
Old
02-24-2004, 05:08 PM
  #6
ATG
Registered User
 
ATG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto
Country:
Posts: 9,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Bob
This isn't my worst fear, but something inside of me is telling me things are going to shape up like this:

there will be no trades for a 2 way-winger and/or a veteran d-man. That means that the only pre-deadline transaction will remain the waiver reacquisition of Jason Morgan.

This time presents the real challenge to Daryl Sutter, as he's under intense pressure to keep the team in line for a playoff spot as coach. As GM, it appears that he's handcuffed from making any significant moves without first removing a contract (i.e. Turek's). He's in an unenviable position right now.

It might all boil down to this - grabbing one of those bottom spots. After that, hope & pray that Kiprusoff becomes white hot. Then, he gets so into the heads of the other team's forwards that they neglect their respective defensive responsibilies, leading to just enough Flames offense to win 2-1 games.
guess thay proved you wrong

ATG is offline  
Old
02-24-2004, 06:28 PM
  #7
Badger Bob
Registered User
 
Badger Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: in my happy place
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,286
vCash: 500
It wouldn't be the first time...but you won't hear me *****ing about it either.

Badger Bob is offline  
Old
02-24-2004, 08:02 PM
  #8
Super-Rye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Calgary
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man
Well, there's this thing called trade value.....salary has alot to do with it these days.
It's also called budget, and the Flames don't have too much of it these days, so when they have the option of moving a 4 million goalie who's finally put 2 good games together or a $650,000 goalie who's played amazing all season, it becomes a no brainer, weather they can get a player or not for Turek, he will be gone by next season.

Super-Rye is offline  
Old
02-25-2004, 12:00 PM
  #9
Flames Draft Watcher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Calgary
Posts: 4,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-Rye
It's also called budget, and the Flames don't have too much of it these days, so when they have the option of moving a 4 million goalie who's finally put 2 good games together or a $650,000 goalie who's played amazing all season, it becomes a no brainer, weather they can get a player or not for Turek, he will be gone by next season.
And how are they going to get rid of him? We'd be lucky if anybody takes him off waivers. I'm not sure he's moveable at all, why are you so convinced?

Flames Draft Watcher is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.