Notices

will Sutter trade for a forward

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2004, 05:45 PM
Mr.Sinister

vCash: 500
will Sutter trade for a forward

in a perfect world he could use one of his 3 goalies as bait for a scoring winger.
i could see McCLennan being traded,
any ideas as to whom they may be talking to?

Old
02-23-2004, 09:37 PM
ohlund2.2

Why trade McLennan when you have a 4 million plus backup in Turek?

Old
02-23-2004, 09:38 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohlund2.2
Why trade McLennan when you have a 4 million plus backup in Turek?
Well, there's this thing called trade value.....salary has alot to do with it these days.

Old
02-24-2004, 12:08 AM
kruezer

I really don't think Turek or McLennan alone get anything but a pick really, well Turek might get a bit of a return. A package job is the way to go.

Old
02-24-2004, 08:33 AM
Badger Bob

This isn't my worst fear, but something inside of me is telling me things are going to shape up like this:

there will be no trades for a 2 way-winger and/or a veteran d-man. That means that the only pre-deadline transaction will remain the waiver reacquisition of Jason Morgan.

This time presents the real challenge to Daryl Sutter, as he's under intense pressure to keep the team in line for a playoff spot as coach. As GM, it appears that he's handcuffed from making any significant moves without first removing a contract (i.e. Turek's). He's in an unenviable position right now.

It might all boil down to this - grabbing one of those bottom spots. After that, hope & pray that Kiprusoff becomes white hot. Then, he gets so into the heads of the other team's forwards that they neglect their respective defensive responsibilies, leading to just enough Flames offense to win 2-1 games.

Old
02-24-2004, 05:08 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Bob
This isn't my worst fear, but something inside of me is telling me things are going to shape up like this:

there will be no trades for a 2 way-winger and/or a veteran d-man. That means that the only pre-deadline transaction will remain the waiver reacquisition of Jason Morgan.

This time presents the real challenge to Daryl Sutter, as he's under intense pressure to keep the team in line for a playoff spot as coach. As GM, it appears that he's handcuffed from making any significant moves without first removing a contract (i.e. Turek's). He's in an unenviable position right now.

It might all boil down to this - grabbing one of those bottom spots. After that, hope & pray that Kiprusoff becomes white hot. Then, he gets so into the heads of the other team's forwards that they neglect their respective defensive responsibilies, leading to just enough Flames offense to win 2-1 games.
guess thay proved you wrong

Old
02-24-2004, 06:28 PM
Badger Bob

It wouldn't be the first time...but you won't hear me *****ing about it either.

Old
02-24-2004, 08:02 PM
Super-Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man
Well, there's this thing called trade value.....salary has alot to do with it these days.
It's also called budget, and the Flames don't have too much of it these days, so when they have the option of moving a 4 million goalie who's finally put 2 good games together or a $650,000 goalie who's played amazing all season, it becomes a no brainer, weather they can get a player or not for Turek, he will be gone by next season.

Old
02-25-2004, 12:00 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-Rye
It's also called budget, and the Flames don't have too much of it these days, so when they have the option of moving a 4 million goalie who's finally put 2 good games together or a $650,000 goalie who's played amazing all season, it becomes a no brainer, weather they can get a player or not for Turek, he will be gone by next season.
And how are they going to get rid of him? We'd be lucky if anybody takes him off waivers. I'm not sure he's moveable at all, why are you so convinced?

Closed Thread