Notices

Lines without Iginla

Old
09-09-2008, 02:06 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
Lines without Iginla

Was thinking about this last night. Lets say Iginla got injured, and was out for the entire season. What would happen? How would the lines look?

Skobel24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 02:10 PM
DBU
We Think We Know You

vCash: 132
Bertuzzi-Langkow-Cammalleri
Bourque-Lombardi-Boyd
Glencross-Conroy-Moss
Nystrom-Primeau-Prust/Roy

Something like that, I'd imagine..

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 02:17 PM
ComixZone

vCash: 500
Easy, if Iginla got injured....

To Atlanta:

a whole bunch

To Calgary:

Kovalchuk

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 03:50 PM
BadNewsBearcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel55 View Post
Was thinking about this last night. Lets say Iginla got injured, and was out for the entire season. What would happen? How would the lines look?
I blame Tom Brady for this thread.

BadNewsBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 05:35 PM
Lunatik*

I would assume...

Lombardi - Langkow - Cammalleri
Glencross - Conroy - Bertuzzi
Bourque - Boyd - Moss
Nystrom - Primeau - Roy/Prust

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 06:45 PM
HybridStylez*

Personally I think we would not do too bad without Iggy...

HybridStylez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 07:10 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridStylez View Post
Personally I think we would not do too bad without Iggy...
Seriously? It'd be almost as bad as the Canucks losing Luongo..

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 07:35 PM
HybridStylez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy View Post
Seriously? It'd be almost as bad as the Canucks losing Luongo..
No not really.. we have Regehr, Phaneuf, and Kipper to keep the slack unlike the nucks where they ONLY have Luongo to star calibre. I can only base this upon when Iggy was injured I think 2 years ago? When he was out for 3 weeks... the Flames had a record of 7-2 I think...? they were not bad at all... and it seemed that their dependence with Iggy did not exist.

Old
09-09-2008, 07:38 PM
R U A Flamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel55 View Post
Hello Tavares

R U A Flamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 11:06 PM
HybridStylez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by R U A Flamer View Post
Hello Tavares
No... Hello Hedman!!!!

Old
09-10-2008, 01:23 AM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridStylez View Post
No not really.. we have Regehr, Phaneuf, and Kipper to keep the slack unlike the nucks where they ONLY have Luongo to star calibre. I can only base this upon when Iggy was injured I think 2 years ago? When he was out for 3 weeks... the Flames had a record of 7-2 I think...? they were not bad at all... and it seemed that their dependence with Iggy did not exist.
Okay I'm a Canucks fan, I'll just put that out there now in case it isn't obvious.

And I'm not trying to turn this into one of those "let's whip it out and measure" kinds of conversations - honest - but I think that is some pretty wishful thinking on your part.

Look at the lines danebgfx posted, for example. Langkow and Cammalleri are fine players, and assuming Bertuzzi plays like he can that's a serviceable first line. But your second line would put up 92 points combined if they all hit their career high - granted given their age they could each exceed it by say ten points, but that puts them up to about forty points each; hardly enough to support that first line. It gets worse from there.

Iginla missed time in 06-07 and I'll take your word that the Flames did well over those eleven games. However in such a relatively small sample it's feasible that a couple of players step up and fill the void - in an entire season do you think two, three or even four players are going to step in and fill the hole created by Iginla's absence for eighty games?

I'm not trying to say that the Flames without Iginla (but still getting valuable contributions from guys like Phaneuf, Kipper, Regehr, Langkow) wouldn't be able to stay in games or wouldn't be a hardworking, competitive team - and of course the comparison to the Canucks isn't fair in the sense that losing 1/2 goaltenders usually hurts more than losing 1/12 forwards - but in terms of being a real contender for the Cup, the Flames don't stand much of a chance without Iginla.

IMHO.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 03:20 PM
Qubax

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy View Post
Okay I'm a Canucks fan, I'll just put that out there now in case it isn't obvious.

And I'm not trying to turn this into one of those "let's whip it out and measure" kinds of conversations - honest - but I think that is some pretty wishful thinking on your part.

Look at the lines danebgfx posted, for example. Langkow and Cammalleri are fine players, and assuming Bertuzzi plays like he can that's a serviceable first line. But your second line would put up 92 points combined if they all hit their career high - granted given their age they could each exceed it by say ten points, but that puts them up to about forty points each; hardly enough to support that first line. It gets worse from there.

Iginla missed time in 06-07 and I'll take your word that the Flames did well over those eleven games. However in such a relatively small sample it's feasible that a couple of players step up and fill the void - in an entire season do you think two, three or even four players are going to step in and fill the hole created by Iginla's absence for eighty games?

I'm not trying to say that the Flames without Iginla (but still getting valuable contributions from guys like Phaneuf, Kipper, Regehr, Langkow) wouldn't be able to stay in games or wouldn't be a hardworking, competitive team - and of course the comparison to the Canucks isn't fair in the sense that losing 1/2 goaltenders usually hurts more than losing 1/12 forwards - but in terms of being a real contender for the Cup, the Flames don't stand much of a chance without Iginla.

IMHO.
No, i think there is little denying...without Jarome...we'd be royally screwed.

We would maybe get by in fits and starts by playing super, mother defensive...but over the long haul? We'd be toast.

That said, one of two things would happen. We would write off the season and get a great DP the next year....or Darryl's hand would be forced and he'd pull a block buster...

Qubax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax View Post
No, i think there is little denying...without Jarome...we'd be royally screwed.

We would maybe get by in fits and starts by playing super, mother defensive...but over the long haul? We'd be toast.

That said, one of two things would happen. We would write off the season and get a great DP the next year....or Darryl's hand would be forced and he'd pull a block buster...
Kiprusoff for Lecavelier and Ramo
and Irving would be the new franchise. and Backlund would obviously be called in

Hand of Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 06:16 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 300
Kipper isn't going to get Vinny. His trade value isn't high enough, at least not until he starts improving his numbers again.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 07:34 PM
Hyperkookeez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by danebgfx View Post
Bertuzzi-Langkow-Cammalleri
Bourque-Lombardi-Boyd
Glencross-Conroy-Moss
Nystrom-Primeau-Prust/Roy

Something like that, I'd imagine..
and god help us if that ever were to happen

Hyperkookeez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 07:54 PM
Cyrus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderlizer View Post
Kipper isn't going to get Vinny. His trade value isn't high enough, at least not until he starts improving his numbers again.
Probably not, but I agree with Iggy in that Kipper would be the first to go, in an attempt to get a Vinny-esque player in return.

Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote