HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Some Early Pre Season Comments

Old
09-21-2008, 04:46 PM
Balej20*

vCash: 500
Some Early Pre Season Comments

Why do the Rangers still have the curve on the bottom of their jersey's? They went as far as to alter their own jersey's last year by tucking the curve in. Why wouldn't Reebok alter the Rangers (And any other team with horizontal stripes for that matter) jersey's this year to make them straight across? It just looks so so tacky. I am happy with the way the jersey's fit the players this year though. A little baggier which is nice. I am not happy with the Letter placement of the RANGERS wording and the C/A's. They are too close together. These were things I was hoping Reebok and the league would correct this season.

A note on penalties. I'm sure it's been brought up already, but I sure hope the officials don't plan on calling the regular season the way they called this first preseason game. It's becoming the NBA out there, where any little bit of contact is being called (or apparent contact). It's going to be a long season if we have to watch 19 PP's a game for both teams.

A note on rule changes. Once again the league is trying to artificially increase scoring with the rule to automatically place the puck in the offense zone to start any Power Play. I always thought it created another interesting dynamic when the team about to go on the Power Play had an incentive to work the puck up the ice in order to get the offensive zone draw.

I do like the rule that changes the puck shot off the cross bar into the stands as being a face off staying in the offensive zone. Good change there.

Discuss.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 04:49 PM
NYReign

I hadn't heard about the new rule to postpone TV timeouts if they came after icings, I think that is fair though I won't say good because I'm sure it will bite us in the ass at some point.

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYReign View Post
I hadn't heard about the new rule to postpone TV timeouts if they came after icings, I think that is fair though I won't say good because I'm sure it will bite us in the ass at some point.
That's a good new rule. I always thought it was silly that they would have the no change rule...but would go to commercial giving that team time to regroup.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote