HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

if you think any body big will come here

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2004, 03:56 PM
Artyukhin*

vCash: 500
if you think any body big will come here

forget about it...after the booing of the american national anthem,then the booing of breezy,then the booing of our captian?...i ripped into george laraque for what he said about playin in montreal..but i 'm am afraid i will have to retract what i said to george and ,yes montreal might be the best (hockey is the gospel)city in the world..but (and i cant lump all 21,000 fans together,but the 2000,and 3000 fans that booed,give all montreal fans a bad name ,if we didnt have one already...i mean boo the opponents ,thats fine by me,but when you boo your captian(like him or not you disrespect the hole oraganization...we (the fans of the montreal canadians)are being made fun of all over the us and canada...george laraque said he wouldnt ever play in montral because of the media and fans bullchit...well he wasnt lying just look what happened in the last week...anyplayer (of the better quality )who in there right mind wouldn't want to play in montreal...to much bull to put up with to play in this town and that why we got to build thru the draft,because no high profile players want to come here.......i think were famous (for all the rong reasons) has it ever been doucmented of a teams captian being boo'ed in nhl history?just look at the list of players that were not wanted or like in montreal and see how much better they preform once they left...(i.e leclair,damphouuse,recchi,roy,lemiuex, just to name a few...

oh and by the way does the french media know sheldon souray is from elk alberta...get him out of town too eh...

Old
02-23-2004, 03:57 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
The Media also Killed Malahkov not long ago .

Old
02-23-2004, 04:00 PM
Haddock

Funny.
The Yankees are the team with the more pression on them and New York fans can be a lot worst than Montréal fans and everybody wants to play there.
So the point of your thread is what exaclty? Montréal is a bad hockey town?
Players won't come here because 200 drunks booed a player one time?
God! I can't wait for the team to win a few games in a row so people have something else to talk about!

Old
02-23-2004, 04:13 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Periods, commas, and close your brackets next time. I seriously got a head ache.

Old
02-23-2004, 04:19 PM
habaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
Periods, commas, and close your brackets next time. I seriously got a head ache.

Don't read it next time. What is this an English class? Oh no...wait i forgot it's a politics class. This board is outta control. There's been a moron influx who have as much time to waist with useless comments non-hockey related. If we'd all stick to hockey this board would be a far better place.

Old
02-23-2004, 04:46 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by habaholic
Don't read it next time. What is this an English class? Oh no...wait i forgot it's a politics class. This board is outta control. There's been a moron influx who have as much time to waist with useless comments non-hockey related. If we'd all stick to hockey this board would be a far better place.
Your comment is just as useless

Old
02-23-2004, 04:50 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Your comment is just as useless
he has some good points, this board has become a place for political debate, with even racial comments sometimes.

Old
02-23-2004, 04:59 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordiquesFan
Funny.
The Yankees are the team with the more pression on them and New York fans can be a lot worst than Montréal fans and everybody wants to play there.
God! I can't wait for the team to win a few games in a row so people have something else to talk about!
exactly.

Old
02-23-2004, 05:04 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej

he didn't need anybody to kill him !he just did some ski when he was suppose to has an injury !!!

Old
02-23-2004, 05:11 PM
Capitano

Haha, Vladdy was funny...I miss him though...*sigh*...

Cap

Old
02-23-2004, 05:13 PM
sandman08

Quote:
Funny.
the yankees also continously add to their already league high payroll and will always have a chance to win..
consider it this way, the yanks will pay more in luxury tax and revenue sharing then 14 some teams will pay their total payrolls (for baseball) and then MOST teams in the NHL, i mean hell the yanks will pay around 70 million this year in that alone.. the rangers have a total payroll of over 80 million..
people goto nyc for the chance to win that steinbrenner buys and for that only nothing more, nothing less..

also for the case being made here, its true, its also true about other cities as well (ie toronto where holik chose to sign with the rags over the leafs) and with lapointe and others choosing other cities over montreal.. the biggest reasons however are taxes and not so much the media but they do add to the problem.. i will say however that the fan stupidity wont play that major a role as what doug here seems to think

Old
02-23-2004, 05:31 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
he has some good points, this board has become a place for political debate, with even racial comments sometimes.
I was kiding VAN

Old
02-23-2004, 05:34 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by habaholic
Right, I never said his points weren't valid, just would make everyone life easier if he sued proper english. I think he speaks it well, but just got lazy.

I was thinking though, who are you to judge me judging someone else? If you think I have no right to say anything about him, then why do you think you can judge me?

Old
02-23-2004, 05:44 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
I was kiding VAN
COOL

Old
02-23-2004, 05:56 PM
Prrebel

Quote:
Funny.
Yankee fans don't boo a guy because he is Dominican. They don't boo the other guy cause he is american.

Old
02-23-2004, 05:59 PM
sandman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prrebel
Yankee fans don't boo a guy because he is Dominican. They don't boo the other guy cause he is american. The reason the fans booed Koivu was not because they were drunk, and you know it.
yankee fans boo a guy cause he's overpaid and sucks ### not because of where hes from.. if the player wins hes loved if he loses hes booed out of town (if not shipped out of town by steinbrenner first that is)

Old
02-24-2004, 08:39 AM
habaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
Right, I never said his points weren't valid, just would make everyone life easier if he sued proper english. I think he speaks it well, but just got lazy.

I was thinking though, who are you to judge me judging someone else? If you think I have no right to say anything about him, then why do you think you can judge me?
Nobody's judging you. The point of my comment is that this board has far too many non-hockey related posts or comments. I come to this place to get away from that stuff and it's all I see. English vs. French, Koivu vs. Ribeiro, blah blah blah!!! I'm tired of it. This board was and still is one the best one but i feel i should say something when it's goes beyond what it should, specially in the wrong direction. The reason we are here is because WE ARE ALL HABS FANS and that gives us something in common regardless of our races, mother tongue and so on. Let's just stick to what we know best and what we all enjoy talking about and that's the habs and hockey in general.

Also Nordique Fan, as well as Darz, are 2 of the best posters this board has and I'll take exception to anybody who has anything idiotic to say to them because i would hate to have them stop posting. Keep up the good work boyz and sorry if my comment was a little harsh!!!

On another note, good game by our habs last night a bit too many shots against but that's understandable seeing as they're pretty depleted on the left side of the defense and that the Rangers have 2 RWs by the name of Jagr and Kovalev. They pulled it off though......Nice to see Koivu and Ribeiro get an assist on the same goal

Old
02-24-2004, 09:59 AM
8b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
He killed himself...

Closed Thread