HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jason Smith?

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2004, 10:18 PM
TheBrew

vCash: 500
Jason Smith?

Jason Smith could be a perfect fit in Ottawa if Volchenkov is not ready to go by playoffs i dont know what Volchenkov's status is so ?

Old
02-23-2004, 10:22 PM
sensfan18

Yes he would be a good fit, but at what cost? Personally I'd prefer Carney but Smith may be a avenue worth exploring.

Old
02-23-2004, 10:34 PM
TheBrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan18
Yes he would be a good fit, but at what cost? Personally I'd prefer Carney but Smith may be a avenue worth exploring.
Probly a pick but im not sure

Old
02-23-2004, 11:03 PM
sensfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew
Probly a pick but im not sure
I think Muck would be very interested if the price was only a pick. I really think that Muckler is going to look at Carney and Smith to add to our blueline.

Old
02-23-2004, 11:08 PM
EJsens1

Quote:
I really think that Muckler is going to look at Carney and Smith to add to our blueline.
I like your posts, but have to ask what makes you think that??? I'd love to see of them (hell, even both) added to our defence, so don't get me wrong. Carney or Smith would be great. I'd like to see Rachunek dealt and allow one of those 2 to play with Redden, to have that physical partner he solely lacks out on the ice.

Old
02-23-2004, 11:42 PM
TheBrew

What type of picks?is the first out of the question?maybe a second?

Old
02-23-2004, 11:46 PM
gbl1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven Morehead
I'd love to see of them (hell, even both) added to our defence, so don't get me wrong. Carney or Smith would be great. I'd like to see Rachunek dealt and allow one of those 2 to play with Redden, to have that physical partner he solely lacks out on the ice.
Agreed. There needs to be someone on the ice at all times that can punish anyone taking liberties. Still evident that we're lacking that attitude (is the common denominator Jacques Martin?). Give me a freaking break, Pittsburgh can hang into a game that should be a cakewalk? Sundays game vs. Pitts was a perfect example. That team was allowed to stay in the game because they could get away with all the clutching and hacking they wanted. Couple that with a great work ethic and you have the Sens scrambling all game long. Is it any coincidence that we're losing 1 goal games? We desperately need some mean mofo(s) who are going to enforce a lead in a physical way. Send the message to the other team to back the fook up. The Sens need some guys out there to set the tone and have the other team back away. Chara is the only one back there who is really manhandling anyone. Phillips is as steady as it gets, and you can always expect a hell of a showing in the post-season, but he's about as mean as a puppy dog. It is <b>so</b> obvious that we need someone who will set the tone out there, and who won't hurt the team while being in the box for 2-5mins. Redden is arguably our most essential piece on defense (I'm in favour of Chara by a small margin, personally... but...) and you're going to have some Ham n' Egger (did I just write that?) barrel in on him all game long? He needs a D partner who is going to make people pay for going near him.

On that note, where is Todd Simpson lately? My favorite Simpson quote thus far was along the lines of "I just told him not to hit anyone... ever again... in his life" regarding a melee with Antropov after a whistle.

Old
02-24-2004, 07:07 AM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbl1p
On that note, where is Todd Simpson lately? My favorite Simpson quote thus far was along the lines of "I just told him not to hit anyone... ever again... in his life" regarding a melee with Antropov after a whistle.
See: Simpson cannot shoulder load

Quote:
Todd Simpson is frustrated. The rugged defenceman, who was acquired from Anaheim by the Senators on Feb. 4, will miss his fourth straight game due to a shoulder injury tonight vs. the Canadiens at the Bell Centre.

Simpson originally strained his right shoulder in a fight with Montreal's Darren Langdon on Feb. 14. He tried playing with it hurt, but it got worse when he went toe-to-toe with the Rangers' Chris Simon on Feb. 16.

"I tried playing with it and I don't think that really helped it any," said Simpson, who practised yesterday without contact and hopes to suit up Thursday vs. Philly at the Corel Centre. "It just wasn't getting any better and that's the frustrating part. You come to a new team and you want to make an impact."

Old
02-24-2004, 08:24 AM
sensfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven Morehead
I like your posts, but have to ask what makes you think that??? I'd love to see of them (hell, even both) added to our defence, so don't get me wrong. Carney or Smith would be great. I'd like to see Rachunek dealt and allow one of those 2 to play with Redden, to have that physical partner he solely lacks out on the ice.
I just feel that Muckler is thinking this, more gut than anything. He said he would like to shore up the blueline earlier in the year and as much as I like the aquisition of Simpson I don't think the Muck is done. Add to the fact that the goaltending has been questionable and he stated he would not make a move for another goalie--I think you get the reason why he would undoubtably be looking to add another quality D'man. Now this being said, I only think he will add one if the price is right, draft picks ect... like Pothier and a 3rd/2nd. I beleive the answer is Carney, the guy showed what he could do last year in the playoffs and is the exact type of D'man we could use for a playoff battle. The question you have to ask is if he is aquired does that make Racoon expendable? I hope not, but if it were the case I'd rather wait till the summer and package him with Radek (if he is indeed moved) for a tough LWer.

BTW, I'd also be happy with Smith. I remeber in the playoffs a couple years ago he took a slapshot right off the face and went to the hall (not even the room!) to get stitched up and them returned immediately. WARRIOR

Old
02-24-2004, 10:17 AM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
Quote:
I just feel that Muckler is thinking this, more gut than anything. He said he would like to shore up the blueline earlier in the year and as much as I like the aquisition of Simpson I don't think the Muck is done. Add to the fact that the goaltending has been questionable and he stated he would not make a move for another goalie--I think you get the reason why he would undoubtably be looking to add another quality D'man. Now this being said, I only think he will add one if the price is right, draft picks ect... like Pothier and a 3rd/2nd. I beleive the answer is Carney, the guy showed what he could do last year in the playoffs and is the exact type of D'man we could use for a playoff battle. The question you have to ask is if he is aquired does that make Racoon expendable? I hope not, but if it were the case I'd rather wait till the summer and package him with Radek (if he is indeed moved) for a tough LWer.

BTW, I'd also be happy with Smith. I remeber in the playoffs a couple years ago he took a slapshot right off the face and went to the hall (not even the room!) to get stitched up and them returned immediately. WARRIOR
It all depends on the status of the Oilers' and if they think they can make the playoffs by the deadline. If they can't...I've got a good feeling that Muckler will do his best to get Smith. I *really* hope they give up Rachunek...I really did have faith in the guy and I thought he was relatively consistent...but he's played absolutely horrible lately. Smith is a strong leader and rock hard...there are very few D-men who are as tough as him.

Old
02-24-2004, 11:25 AM
HF2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbl1p

personally... but...) and you're going to have some Ham n' Egger (did I just write that?) barrel in on him all game long?
I thought we all agreed that quotes taken from "Dandy man" were punishable by a 3 week ban?

Old
02-24-2004, 11:44 AM
The Lehner
#LehnerTime

I would love to get Jason Smith to play with Redden as long as the price is reasonable. I think he would be a very good fit in our top 4 (i.e. bye bye Rachunek) to add a more physical partner for Redden.

I'm curious what Edmonton fans think we would have to give up.

Closed Thread