Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Nilson to Russia?

Old
09-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Cactus Jack

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
There's no reason we can't discuss this intelligently. I agree that Juice is soft, weak and not an all around player but that should not come as a shock - especially to Keenan who knows him from the past. He did play himself out of town in a position where Sutter wouldn't even consider having him back. That's fine as long as you replace the offense lost in his absence. I think Huselius and Cammalleri are a wash as they'll produce equal numbers but the thing is I don't think Cammy will provide any defense, physicality or leadership that Huselius didn't.

I get pissed because people think now that Tanguay and Huselius are gone that this team will be much better. That they were holding us back, like in their absence the forwards will back check more, the pk will be better, the defensive coverage won't be atrocious, the consistency will be there and they will finally put it together. I'm optimistic but I wonder what people will start blaming if and when we see the same results we've seen the last 3 years. I have a bad feeling Kiprusoff will be this year's scapegoat and will be run out of town like Huselius, who until 7 months ago was a steal and a darling to fans in this city. If and when this happens again, the blame will misplaced and Keenan and Sutter will get off scott free when I feel it's their fault.

I don't use Keenan as a scapegoat, I call it as it is. The players I highlighted above after having countless terrible efforts were still rewarded with more or equal ice time, which shows why many players dislike playing for Sutter and Keenan. I hope I'm wrong and everything works out but I think the flames are spinning their wheels and wasting their time with those 2 at the helm. Playfair was canned for delivering what Keenan delivered, yet Keenan gets to stay. This is the kind of injustice and bias I feel the Flames organization is currently fraught with.

Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 01:10 PM
AndersEriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack View Post
There's no reason we can't discuss this intelligently. I agree that Juice is soft, weak and not an all around player but that should not come as a shock - especially to Keenan who knows him from the past. He did play himself out of town in a position where Sutter wouldn't even consider having him back. That's fine as long as you replace the offense lost in his absence. I think Huselius and Cammalleri are a wash as they'll produce equal numbers but the thing is I don't think Cammy will provide any defense, physicality or leadership that Huselius didn't.

I get pissed because people think now that Tanguay and Huselius are gone that this team will be much better. That they were holding us back, like in their absence the forwards will back check more, the pk will be better, the defensive coverage won't be atrocious, the consistency will be there and they will finally put it together. I'm optimistic but I wonder what people will start blaming if and when we see the same results we've seen the last 3 years. I have a bad feeling Kiprusoff will be this year's scapegoat and will be run out of town like Huselius, who until 7 months ago was a steal and a darling to fans in this city. If and when this happens again, the blame will misplaced and Keenan and Sutter will get off scott free when I feel it's their fault.

I don't use Keenan as a scapegoat, I call it as it is. The players I highlighted above after having countless terrible efforts were still rewarded with more or equal ice time, which shows why many players dislike playing for Sutter and Keenan. I hope I'm wrong and everything works out but I think the flames are spinning their wheels and wasting their time with those 2 at the helm. Playfair was canned for delivering what Keenan delivered, yet Keenan gets to stay. This is the kind of injustice and bias I feel the Flames organization is currently fraught with.
Agree with everything in this post.

AndersEriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 01:36 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
I think Huselius and Cammalleri are a wash as they'll produce equal numbers but the thing is I don't think Cammy will provide any defense, physicality or leadership that Huselius didn't.
I agree with the physicality part of his game. Nobody is expecting that from Cammalleri. Leadership and defense, that remains to be seen. I will say one thing, though - I really like the attitude I see from Cammalleri since he was acquired. If he can translate that kind of attitude on to the ice, I think we'll be in for a treat. But I do think Cammalleri will be a better player for us than Huselius. Could I be wrong? Of course. But I guess we'll see.

Quote:
I don't think losing Tanguay makes us a better team, because he's a great 2-way player, and even when he wasn't scoring, he was still contributing on the ice (a big difference between him and Huselius). Even though there were certain things about Tanguay I didn't like, his play on the ice will be missed.

And on Kiprusoff, I'm not the least bit worried about the possibility of him being run out of town.

Quote:
I don't use Keenan as a scapegoat, I call it as it is. The players I highlighted after having countless terrible efforts but still rewarded with more or equal ice time show why many players dislike playing for Sutter and Keenan. I hope I'm wrong and everything works out but I think the flames are spinning their wheels and wasting their time with those 2 at the helm. Playfair was canned for delivering what Keenan delivered, yet Keenan gets to stay. This is the kind of injustice and bias I feel the Flames organization is currently fraught with.
I agree with you on that part that I bolded, although I don't think yet another change in coaching is gonna do any good right now. And there were some positives to Keenan, like the seasons Iginla and Phaneuf both had under him. Should be interesting to see what happens this season.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote