HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs Rookie Camp Thread (roster announced)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-15-2008, 10:52 PM
  #176
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
I was watching some prospect games on TV: Dallas vs. St Louis, Dallas vs. Columbus. We shouldn't get the notion that the Habs are the only team with promising young players.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 11:03 PM
  #177
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
I was watching some prospect games on TV: Dallas vs. St Louis, Dallas vs. Columbus. We shouldn't get the notion that the Habs are the only team with promising young players.
No one is assuming that but you. In fact there's like 3 posts in here about St. Louis.

Anyhow, what the Habs lack in elite prospects they make up for in sheer depth of promising players under 23.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 02:31 AM
  #178
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
Great at getting the lead...but what do they do once they've got one?



Youth! More youth! Out with the old, in with the new! Mwuahahahahaha!!
huh? I was only reporting some good words about our kids..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 07:49 AM
  #179
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
Talking about that, I think a saw #28 on Lang's helmet but I'm not sure.
Lang had definately his #20 on his helmet.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 08:03 AM
  #180
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
Great at getting the lead...but what do they do once they've got one?
score more

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 09:06 AM
  #181
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
Nice to see that RDS vid follows our top prospects like Pacioretty, Carle and O.Latendresse and not some scrub like Maxwell.
Well for what it count, Carbs is having a good look at this player. Mention Maxwell for one, Valatanko and few more.
You can help to notice that our coaching staff is getting better and better. Making their room. Getting respect from players, fans and the media just remembers me about how wrong I was about this, especially Carbonneau.
Carbs has shown so much composer. He out did all of what I was sure he would failed. This team is looking great. Carbs is just part of the puzzle

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 09:07 AM
  #182
Mue
Registered User
 
Mue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,960
vCash: 500
Are the rookies on the ice today as well?

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 09:12 AM
  #183
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Well for what it count, Carbs is having a good look at this player. Mention Maxwell for one, Valatanko and few more.
You can help to notice that our coaching staff is getting better and better. Making their room. Getting respect from players, fans and the media just remembers me about how wrong I was about this, especially Carbonneau.
Carbs has shown so much composer. He out did all of what I was sure he would failed. This team is looking great. Carbs is just part of the puzzle
Kudos to you for not only recognizing that about Carbo, but to come here and admit it. It takes guts and you my friend have it! His bashers from past years have all but disappeared, or pretending that they were behind him.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 09:16 AM
  #184
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Kudos to you for not only recognizing that about Carbo, but to come here and admit it. It takes guts and you my friend have it! His bashers from past years have all but disappeared, or pretending that they were behind him.
Nice words thank!

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 09:39 AM
  #185
24Cups
Registered User
 
24Cups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
Nice to see that RDS vid follows our top prospects like Pacioretty, Carle and O.Latendresse and not some scrub like Maxwell.
Maxwell is hardly a scrub even if he will spend a full year in Hamilton gettting some seasoning. Given the lack of roster spots on the big club he'll likely have good company including the 3 you mention. Pacioretty will get the Sergei K treatment. I also look at O. Lats as an experiment and not a top prospect.

24Cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 09:49 AM
  #186
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,953
vCash: 597
Why can't people detect sarcasm?

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 09:50 AM
  #187
Mue
Registered User
 
Mue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Why can't people detect sarcasm?
Especially when it has been pointed out already.


Anyways, I asked this above - are the rookies on the ice today? Does anyone know?

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 09:52 AM
  #188
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
Nice to see that RDS vid follows our top prospects like Pacioretty, Carle and O.Latendresse and not some scrub like Maxwell.
huh?

I do not understand this statement, if somebody would normally ask me to describe you BoS, i would say you are a knowledgeable poster but this statement alone gives me some kind of

you put O.Latendresse over Ben Maxwell?

EDIT: i should buy myself a sarcasm detector


Last edited by Iwishihadacup: 09-16-2008 at 09:53 AM. Reason: lol
Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 10:29 AM
  #189
GoHabs20
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
Are the rookies on the ice today as well?
yes Monday-Thursday

GoHabs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 10:31 AM
  #190
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Why can't people detect sarcasm?
Some times the sarcasm attempts just fail.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 10:32 AM
  #191
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Some times the sarcasm attempts just fail.
Are you accusing moi of fail?!

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 10:35 AM
  #192
Mue
Registered User
 
Mue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabs20 View Post
yes Monday-Thursday
Thank you.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 10:39 AM
  #193
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
Are you accusing moi of fail?!
You must mean "Failing", missing out, being unsuccessful, misfiring.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 11:54 AM
  #194
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,110
vCash: 500
So sad the rookie camp is closed, no updates, no evaluations. Is it just cause the ice is terrible, or is it a new philosophy of keeping the kids' focus on the coaches and each other, rather than performing for an audience.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 11:58 AM
  #195
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
So sad the rookie camp is closed, no updates, no evaluations. Is it just cause the ice is terrible, or is it a new philosophy of keeping the kids' focus on the coaches and each other, rather than performing for an audience.
That would be my guess. And it makes sense.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 12:02 PM
  #196
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
That would be my guess. And it makes sense.
But...but....I'm a hockey fan. I can't deal with sense. I want my rookies!

Seriously though, it does make sense. It also encourages the vets to hang around without getting mobbed by slobs like me. Which is also good experience/exposure for the rookies.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 12:20 PM
  #197
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
So sad the rookie camp is closed, no updates, no evaluations. Is it just cause the ice is terrible, or is it a new philosophy of keeping the kids' focus on the coaches and each other, rather than performing for an audience.
What makes no sense is that if you want to close something, close the development camp. While I'm a camp maniac, that camp has to be one of the most boring ever 'cause it exist to develop their skills and to put a show for a crowd. They even have some trouble to organize a scrimmage and you don't even see a lot of 2 on 1 and 3 on 2.

Just by looking at the 1st day of the rookie camp, you already saw some 2 on 1, 3 on 2 and game situations.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 12:25 PM
  #198
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
What makes no sense is that if you want to close something, close the development camp. While I'm a camp maniac, that camp has to be one of the most boring ever 'cause it exist to develop their skills and to put a show for a crowd. They even have some trouble to organize a scrimmage and you don't even see a lot of 2 on 1 and 3 on 2.

Just by looking at the 1st day of the rookie camp, you already saw some 2 on 1, 3 on 2 and game situations.....
Thee is a difference. The devellopment camp is at a smaller rink and its filled with players who are ferther away from the NHL. I dont think the effect of the crowd is the same when you know you are one step away from the NHL.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 12:29 PM
  #199
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Thee is a difference. The devellopment camp is at a smaller rink and its filled with players who are ferther away from the NHL. I dont think the effect of the crowd is the same when you know you are one step away from the NHL.
Was talking for the "fans" point of view. They said that they just decided 2 or 3 days prior to the camp to close it. I would be really surprised that the reason is crowd related. 'Cause then, most rookies are also participating in the main camp where this coming weekend, there will be tons of people watching them.

I really don't recall any problems before as far as the people being a distraction or a problem for the kids. On the contrary, isn't it a good preparation for what you'll have to deal with when you'll really get here?

Would be fun to know the real reason but no journalists will realize that it's close to the public I guess....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 12:54 PM
  #200
Lambert Closse
Registered User
 
Lambert Closse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 2313 Ste-Catherine W
Country: Canada
Posts: 817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Lang had definately his #20 on his helmet.
that means that Shawn Belle has changed his # 20 to a different one.

darn, I have to go back to Rousseau Sport to redo my new Shawn Belle jersey.

Lambert Closse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.