HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Shedding the bulk

Old
09-18-2008, 08:58 AM
stick9

vCash: 500
Shedding the bulk

No, I don't mean that flabby mid-section.

Heading into the coming hockey season I needed some new gear. My elbow pads were sliding off all the time and, my pants were getting nasty (always felt damp) and were pretty beat on the inside. They served me well, but their time was up. I had wanted a new smaller fitting glove even though my current ones were just about new. I ended up replacing all three. What I got was more than just shinny new hockey gear.

After just a few sessions with the new gear I could already notice a difference. My mobility had in increased and I felt more agile. This became evident when playing through traffic and along the boards. I was like man, this is sweet....I can move again. The big bulky shoulders will be gone this weekend to complete the set.

For those who are playing in gear that's a little older. If your thinking about replacing it, do it. Don't be turned off by the newer stuff. It's smaller lighter and just as if not more protective. Hell, I even have more room on my drying racks now.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 10:20 AM
frito

What stuff did you buy - brand, model etc.?

frito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 11:11 AM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by frito View Post
What stuff did you buy - brand, model etc.?
Easton Synergy 800 elbows, Mission Fuel 110 pants, NB Supreme One70 gloves, and CCM Vector 6 shoulders 2008 version.

Old
09-23-2008, 03:11 PM
noobman

I'm in desperate need of new gear. With the exception of my helmet, neck guard, hockey pants and skates, I've been using the same gear since I was 14 years old.

My elbow pads are in good shape, but my shoulder pads are almost completely immobilizing. I'll probably opt for thinner, smaller pads now that I'm out of contact hockey for good. I'd also like new gloves... preferably those that fit tighter on the hand, since my gloves alost always feel like they're about to fall off. I know they're supposed to be big, but these things are too big. I should have bought new gloves instead of getting those pieces of garbage re-palmed.

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 10:29 PM
BlueJackets39

Send a message via AIM to BlueJackets39
How do you like the Mission 110 pants? I have the next model down...90's or 95's...they make me feel really wide (well, wider than I already am...5'8, 195).

I almost bought the 110's...really liked them.

BlueJackets39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 10:05 AM
stick9

I really like the 110's, and for the price ($60 US) I really couldn't go wrong.

Old
09-24-2008, 11:37 PM
BlueJackets39

Send a message via AIM to BlueJackets39
Sixty bucks for the 110's?! Wow. What a price!

BlueJackets39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 11:54 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Got the new TPS shoulder pads, so much lighter than my old Eastons. Makes a huge difference in your stamina too. Love it. Lighter = better. For anyone in Men's league especially, you don't need top end protection, just something that'll do the job efficiently. I would love some lighter pants though and possibly elbow pads that are less bulky and don't come up on the arm so much. Skates I'm going to worry about when I have the cash to waste on a good pair.

Last edited by WhipNash27: 09-24-2008 at 11:59 PM.
WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 06:10 AM
factsarefacts

There is lots of good stuff out there at good prices. Stores are having a tough time selling in this economy so it should only get better if you are in the market for gear.

factsarefacts is offline   Reply With Quote