HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Habs Forum NHL09 online team;

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2008, 10:27 PM
TomPlex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobak View Post
I'm seriously considering switching my specs again from Dangler to Offensive or Defensive D and switching to LD full-time.

There's many people more skilled than me offensively, and contributing with responsible, positional D fits better with my (competitively) low-key personality.

I'm having a hard time picking between both, though. Defensive D is tons better at checking and shot blocking, but sucks at passing and is slower. Its slap shot accuracy is also lower, though slap shot power is surprisingly higher.

Edit: Also, what happened with alaaax and BlazingSlayinEsy? They're in another club now?
Not LD! That's mine!

Old
09-21-2008, 10:29 PM
Khabby

vCash: 678
I just played with them 20 mins before you posted, So they would of just had done it?

Wow, I guess they did leave... I now lead the Team in Goals, Assists and Points.... That's pretty sweet I guess.

WOW, And Mooks left the club too? Wtf?

Last edited by Beakermania*: 09-21-2008 at 11:12 PM.
Old
09-21-2008, 11:12 PM
habsfantoronto
Ducks GM

i just had to quit a game because my god damn internet was making it laggy as **** and my player was doing weird circles all over the place.

sorry to ditch.

Old
09-21-2008, 11:26 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Why aren't my stats updating?! I just got 1G 1P in a 2-1 win against another team, playing for HFHabs. My stats are not updated though..?

Old
09-22-2008, 01:06 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
I haven't played in a few days, but I have Tuesday and Wednesday off, so.. I'll be back!

Old
09-22-2008, 04:24 AM
m00ks

For all of you who were wondering where we went, we have decided to branch off to create a smaller club where we can work with regular line mates that possess similar skill sets and style of play.

We had a great time playing with you guys but now we want to work on building better chemistry and we find that it can only be done in a smaller club. We're hoping to get somewhere between 10-15 members. I hope no one takes our branching off the wrong way, we just want to develop as a smaller unit where we could get to know our linemates and play with them on a regular basis (not having the room filled up too quickly, not recognizing other players that dress, etc...)

Old
09-22-2008, 09:02 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
For all of you who were wondering where we went, we have decided to branch off to create a smaller club where we can work with regular line mates that possess similar skill sets and style of play.

We had a great time playing with you guys but now we want to work on building better chemistry and we find that it can only be done in a smaller club. We're hoping to get somewhere between 10-15 members. I hope no one takes our branching off the wrong way, we just want to develop as a smaller unit where we could get to know our linemates and play with them on a regular basis (not having the room filled up too quickly, not recognizing other players that dress, etc...)

YOU'RE FIRRRRRRRRRRED!

Old
09-22-2008, 12:36 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post

YOU'RE FIRRRRRRRRRRED!

Old
09-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

will message RICKY but does that mean that there is only a small amount of organized players that are still playing?

Old
09-22-2008, 05:00 PM
TomPlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusqu au Bout View Post
will message RICKY but does that mean that there is only a small amount of organized players that are still playing?
No? We have like 40 players in the league already!

Old
09-22-2008, 09:50 PM
Khabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
No? We have like 40 players in the league already!
Yeah I know, But personally, I think we should start cutting down on the players, maybe splitting up the team a bit getting the people that don't play often or are not as great at the game yet on another team so they can practice and get better and work their way up kinda way, that way we don't get like 3 players playing for the first time together with no chemistry getting ***** against a division 1 team. Bad for the new players and bad for our record.

Old
09-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethirakith View Post
Yeah I know, But personally, I think we should start cutting down on the players, maybe splitting up the team a bit getting the people that don't play often or are not as great at the game yet on another team so they can practice and get better and work their way up kinda way, that way we don't get like 3 players playing for the first time together with no chemistry getting ***** against a division 1 team. Bad for the new players and bad for our record.
I just played 3 games with fernandez (who is an amazing d-man btw) and we went 3-0-0

what happened to our ranking? We used to be ranked 30 something...

chemistry is not a big thing with me... I tend to adjust and pick my spots rather quickly... but for the sake of our ranking, I like your idea.

Old
09-22-2008, 10:20 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

I would have OK stats but WHY oh WHY aren't my stats updating?!

Old
09-22-2008, 10:24 PM
Khabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I just played 3 games with fernandez (who is an amazing d-man btw) and we went 3-0-0

what happened to our ranking? We used to be ranked 30 something...

chemistry is not a big thing with me... I tend to adjust and pick my spots rather quickly... but for the sake of our ranking, I like your idea.
Yeah, hes a pretty good Dman. Played with him last night, Ahaha I remember I cross checked his point shot into the net for a goal and got him an assist, lol

Old
09-22-2008, 10:30 PM
TomPlex

I'm going in to play a game. Come join!

It's kind of pathetic the way people are leaving.

Their reasoning to branch off instead of removing people from the club is kind of unjustified as there are still a lot of people on the team (me especially) who are interested in the same things as them, ie team play, developing chemistry

Now, those of us remaining are struggling to find people to play with!

Last edited by Beakermania*: 09-23-2008 at 12:05 AM.
Old
09-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Ryan O'Byrne

well if anyone in the club wants to play I'm almost always on around 10:30 pm central time for a few hours I play right defense . and I think i play RD pretty good lol HesitantNinja88

Old
09-22-2008, 11:24 PM
Khabby

Players I have good Chem with is
WTK or Throldur
WkHead
Awesome Alex
Floofyfox
HesitantNinja88

I have Decent Chem with you Ricky, only our games usually consist of alot of ridculious laughter with me you and floofy

Old
09-22-2008, 11:31 PM
Ryan O'Byrne

the games I play with Ricky are great lol and lots of fun . He's the best D partner anyone could ask for ........Point Point Point good times ;-)

Old
09-22-2008, 11:32 PM
TomPlex

Quote:
WTK or Throldur
WkHead
Awesome Alex
Floofyfox
HesitantNinja88

I have Decent Chem with you Ricky, only our games usually consist of alot of ridculious laughter with me you and floofy
Maybe we should just start cutting people...

Old
09-22-2008, 11:37 PM
Ryan O'Byrne

well I don't mind cuts ,as long as I'm not one ;-) jk

I have played along side i think 20 of the club members ,So other then them I have no clue as to who the other 13 members are .
So if we cut people we should start with the members that are never on unless they have a reason like school or work . And I think sending a message to the members about player cuts would be a good idea well at least the ones on the cutting block any way . Because I'm sure they will want to know they might be cut ,and it's the nice thing to do ;-)

Last edited by Ryan O'Byrne: 09-23-2008 at 01:16 AM.
Old
09-23-2008, 01:13 AM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
I'm going in to play a game. Come join!

It's kind of pathetic the way people are leaving.

Their reasoning to branch off instead of removing people from the club is kind of unjustified as there are still a lot of people on the team (me especially) who are interested in the same things as them, ie team play, developing chemistry

Now, those of us remaining are struggling to find people to play with!
You shouldn't look at it that way man. Our reasoning is completely justified because we weren't able to build any chemistry with so much people in the club. I also don't understand how the remaining people are struggling to find people to play when you guys outnumber us 5 to 1. I mean you guys are talking about cutting people as well. Our club hasn't even reached ten members yet (waiting out for one more player) and I think we're good for now.

Anyweyz, like I've said, our branching off shouldn't have been taken the wrong way. Ultimately we all are looking for the same type of team dynamic. Us leaving just paves the way for you guys to build your own chemistry and ultimately enjoy the game a lot more.

Old
09-23-2008, 01:19 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
WTK or Throldur
WkHead
Awesome Alex
Floofyfox
HesitantNinja88

You're forgetting the game where I fed you 4 goals

Old
09-23-2008, 01:43 AM
Ryan O'Byrne

Quote:
You shouldn't look at it that way man. Our reasoning is completely justified because we weren't able to build any chemistry with so much people in the club. I also don't understand how the remaining people are struggling to find people to play when you guys outnumber us 5 to 1. I mean you guys are talking about cutting people as well. Our club hasn't even reached ten members yet (waiting out for one more player) and I think we're good for now.

Anyweyz, like I've said, our branching off shouldn't have been taken the wrong way. Ultimately we all are looking for the same type of team dynamic. Us leaving just paves the way for you guys to build your own chemistry and ultimately enjoy the game a lot more.

well yes our club has 5 times the members ,but when you guys branched out our club lost a bunch of everyday players . So thats why we're struggling to get in games now ,as we're lucky if we get 3 members in the dressing room at anytime during the day . 2 seems to be the norm ,3 sometimes ,4 I haven't seen in a bit ,5 now there's a better chance I win the lotto ;-)
well anyway I'm off have a good night everyone

Last edited by Ryan O'Byrne: 09-23-2008 at 02:38 AM. Reason: reworded ;-) took out took lol
Old
09-23-2008, 02:03 AM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan O'Byrne View Post
well yes our club has 5 times the members ,but when you guys branched out you took most of the everyday players with you. So thats why we're struggling to get in games now
We didn't take members. They're not objects. Everyone joined on their own accord. Me and alex got together to make a club. Blaze isn't even part of this board, he randomly asked me to join HF so I invited him. Heck we even took bish27 and no one wanted to play with the guy.

So were a few of the everyday players but we weren't about to stay if we weren't having fun for the sake of filling the dressing room. I think you guys have enough regulars (Awesomealex, Tricolore, Ricky, yourself, WTK, Khabby, etc.) and more than enough fillers to get decent play time. At least when I was there, it was always full to a point where I didn't get play my position on a regular basis. And I'm not even counting our current members. Prolly just a slow night but I'll bet you towards the end of the week you'll have more players than you'd care for.

Old
09-23-2008, 02:35 AM
Ryan O'Byrne

Quote:
We didn't take members. They're not objects. Everyone joined on their own accord. Me and alex got together to make a club. Blaze isn't even part of this board, he randomly asked me to join HF so I invited him. Heck we even took bish27 and no one wanted to play with the guy.

So were a few of the everyday players but we weren't about to stay if we weren't having fun for the sake of filling the dressing room. I think you guys have enough regulars (Awesomealex, Tricolore, Ricky, yourself, WTK, Khabby, etc.) and more than enough fillers to get decent play time. At least when I was there, it was always full to a point where I didn't get play my position on a regular basis. And I'm not even counting our current members. Prolly just a slow night but I'll bet you towards the end of the week you'll have more players than you'd care for.
I edited out took as it was the wrong word but you know what i was saying ,and it sucks that you guys left ,but thats up to you guys and you all will be missed . I was just explaining why it's been hard to get any games going .and I wasn't saying you guys are wrong ,bad or anything for making your own team ,as doing so is up to you guys.

PS: I hope your right about it being just a slow night ,because only playing about 5 games in the last 2 days sucks ;-)
Quote:
Heck we even took bish27 and no one wanted to play with the guy.
lol just had to add that ;-) well I'm off for sure now night all

Last edited by Ryan O'Byrne: 09-23-2008 at 02:52 AM.
Closed Thread