HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dallas scouting Witt and Gonchar

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2004, 10:11 AM
Starsdude

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyhomer99
IF these are our TOP 3 prospects... Were in BIG trouble..

There is a BIG difference between being something at the minor level and being able to play in the bigs.. Daly has been talked about and given a chance for 2 years to make the club and never has.. Can you say Richard Jackman... Mietts is more advanced the Lehtinen was but can not beat out someone like Niko Kapanen.. Can you say Todd Harvey.. Ott, I'll keep just because the guy has no sense and I like that..As for Daly and Meitts, nothing more than Jackman-Harvey clones.. They will be spare parts on teams with less than .500 records if they are to ever play over 300 NHL games.
Daley is 20 sheesh. He hardly embarassed himself here and will be a regular next year when Matty, Klemm Sweeney and Teppo are all FAs. Erskine is no more than a 6/7 to me so if someone wants him great. Miets has a chance to be Niko with more offense. Few guys come straight from Europe and make immediate impacts

The whole argument begs the question that Witt would be a lower pair d-man here and Gonchar and Zubie together would scare me from a physicality and turnover basis. If Toronto gives uo Carlo or STajan or steen we are out anyway. I would rather just pick up Hedican for a pick.

If Erskine, kapanen and picks /Miets can get you close on O'Neill and Hedican that is different but I doubt it

Old
02-24-2004, 10:27 AM
hockeyhomer99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsdude
Daley is 20 sheesh. He hardly embarassed himself here and will be a regular next year when Matty, Klemm Sweeney and Teppo are all FAs. Erskine is no more than a 6/7 to me so if someone wants him great. Miets has a chance to be Niko with more offense. Few guys come straight from Europe and make immediate impacts

The whole argument begs the question that Witt would be a lower pair d-man here and Gonchar and Zubie together would scare me from a physicality and turnover basis. If Toronto gives uo Carlo or STajan or steen we are out anyway. I would rather just pick up Hedican for a pick.

If Erskine, kapanen and picks /Miets can get you close on O'Neill and Hedican that is different but I doubt it
See, we can all get along... I am just of the opinion that players such as Vagner, Tvarquist(sp) Erickson, Bagnall, Jancevski may have better ups than Daly or Ott.. Is this such a bad thing.. Some seem to think it is..I will state again, my BIG concern with Daly is his size and I simply dont think Ott will ever be more than a 4th liner and if someone will give us something to help bring a cup, ala Iginla, than so be it... I wished they would move him to a forward, I think he would make a great winger.. I know he is only 20 but unless he takes a David Robinson growth spurt, he will still be 5-9 in a league with 6-3 and 6-4 230 pound plus forwards.. That troubles me.. I am not saying he cant play.

Closed Thread