HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Radulov

Old
09-11-2008, 04:22 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Radulov

there is a thread elsewhere saying that radulov wants back into the NHL.....if nashville was to say they didnt want him back would anyone want to try and grab him up in a trade to secure the top-6?......i know its hard to say you want a player who just ran out on his teammates but he obviously doesnt like the KHL so i wouldnt be too worried about him going back there and he and zherdev are good friends(which might make NY even more tantalizing to stay and play for.....

just an idea

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 04:47 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*

Great news for us. Shows our young Russians how bad the KHL is. Great example in a way

I'd trade them Prucha. They'd probably take it too. We have to take risks.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

Way to take over for Jorts in wanting to acquire everybody out there.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Unk

While I happen to have no problem w/ Radulov running off the KHL (after all, he is a free person and should 'work' wherever he pleases) and would have no problem if he returns to the NHL, I'm not sure if I'd want the Rangers to acquire him. While as a person, being free to play in whatever league and team will employ you is fine, I feel like it could be detrimental to the team concept.

Unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Levitate

Maybe he'll eventually grow up and not have such poor impulse control...

but I somehow doubt Nashville is going to trade him if he comes back.

On the other hand, I doubt that the KHL is going to let him go. Whoops.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Rust Heisenberg

YES YES YES YES. I've been saying get him since he threated to leave for the KHL. Rosival Prucha and Moore for him and another defender w/ a low salary to fill in until Sangs or Potter is ready. Team concept shouldnt even be considered for this. The Rangers are going to have some Russians on the team and another one would only make the chemistry between them better.

Zherdev
Cherpanov
Animisov

ALL probably on the team

+ Radulov

!!

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 04:58 PM
shoothepuck

This guys a real team player. He seems to bolt real easy...

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 05:35 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

In a heartbeat, team issues or not. Nashville will look to get rid of him probably due to his poor attitude, and at the expense of a Petr Prucha, I wouldn't care.

However, that really won't happen

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

I'd pass. Not that the guy in not a very good player, but I would definately question his head. The guy bolts to the mother land, then apparantly doesn't like it there, so now he wants to come back. Seems like the guy is all over the place.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 05:51 PM
levski87

Most important information : Source?

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Nich

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,107077

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 06:16 PM
azrok22

I said it when Radulov first left... if you can get him back for this season, he absolutely fixes our top 6 woes. I think some combination of Prucha, Sjostrom, one of our non-top 6 Prospects, Conditional Draft Pick would definitely get him from Nashville.

With Radulov being friends with Zherdev, I think he'd be the perfect player to stick on Zherdev's opposite wing.

Radulov - Gomez/Drury - Zherdev
Naslund - Drury/Gomez - Dawes
Fritsche - Dubinsky - Callahan
Voros/Orr - Betts - Rissmiller/Sjostrom

If that doesn't work, you can have a 1-2 punch with Rads and Z on the right side and Naslund and Dawes on the left.

Naslund - Gomez - Zherdev
Dawes - Drury - Radulov

Slats pulls off another Zherdev-like trade and I'd be in bliss to start this season.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 06:19 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
I said it when Radulov first left... if you can get him back for this season, he absolutely fixes all of our top 6 woes. I think some combination of Prucha, Sjostrom, one of our non-top 6 Prospects, Conditional Draft Pick would definitely get him from Nashville.

With Radulov being friends with Zherdev, I think he'd be the perfect player to stick on Zherdev's opposite wing.

Radulov - Gomez/Drury - Zherdev
Naslund - Drury/Gomez - Dawes
Voros/Orr - Betts - Rissmiller/Sjostrom

If that doesn't work, you can have a 1-2 punch with Rads and Z on the right side and Naslund and Dawes on the left.

Dawes - Drury - Radulov

Slats pulls off another Zherdev-like trade and I'd be in bliss to start this season.
Pretty crazy to think how ****ing awesome our lineup would be with a motivated Radulov. None of the players are elite-caliber, but it's three extremely stoked lines, and pushes some players capable of being in top 9 to the fourth line thus creating 12 immense forwards. Not to mention one of the best defenses on paper, and one of the best goaltenders in the league.

Dawes - Drury - Radulov

------------------------------------

You kidding me? These 9 play like they can, and there is no other better top 9.

Old
09-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Staal View Post
Pretty crazy to think how ****ing awesome our lineup would be with a motivated Radulov. None of the players are elite-caliber, but it's three extremely stoked lines, and pushes some players capable of being in top 9 to the fourth line thus creating 12 immense forwards. Not to mention one of the best defenses on paper, and one of the best goaltenders in the league.

Dawes - Drury - Radulov

------------------------------------

You kidding me? These 9 play like they can, and there is no other better top 9.
plus if Z and Raddy are on the same team, it may equal much, better players out of the two considering they are bestfriends. maybe a Jagr-Lemieux situation

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 06:26 PM
azrok22

I just can't see Nashville welcoming him with open arms... yet if they don't accept his return, they're very likely left with nothing. I think someone's going to get Radulov for fifty cents on the dollar, I just hope it's us.

Old
09-11-2008, 06:49 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
I'm just a bit confused...

Would the NHL be able to accept him back? If so, Glen please get him!

Radulov-Gomez-Zherdev

I can see 40 for Raddy and 40 for Z.

Old
09-11-2008, 06:53 PM
azrok22

Quote:
Would the NHL be able to accept him back? If so, Glen please get him!
Absolutely. The NHL's position from the beginning has been that Radulov's Russian contract is invalid based on his previous agreement. Therefore his return would only be him honoring his original (and only valid) contract.

Old
09-11-2008, 06:54 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Quote:
Absolutely. The NHL's position from the beginning has been that Radulov's Russian contract is invalid based on his previous agreement. Therefore his return would only be him honoring his original (and only valid) contract.

GO GET EM GLEN!

Old
09-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
You guys call Jagr selfish and he didnt fit with out new direction, now Radulov is a good option? Holly**** guys, Radulov and Kondratiev? Lets add Yashin into the mix too while we're at it.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 07:04 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
You guys call Jagr selfish and he didnt fit with out new direction, now Radulov is a good option? Holly**** guys, Radulov and Kondratiev? Lets add Yashin into the mix too while we're at it.
Ugh. Big difference. Jagr would of got payed a lot more than Radulov would for this season, and, Radulov is young, Jagr is old

Old
09-11-2008, 07:05 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMez View Post
Way to take over for Jorts in wanting to acquire everybody out there.
i waas just throwing it out there because its slow and i doubt they will want to hold onto him so his price tag might not be too high.......

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 07:09 PM
azrok22

Quote:
No. I see Radulov as a 21 year old kid in a ****** situation. A player being paid far under his market value based on an arbitrary rule that says you can't make more than $850,000 base salary on an ELC. He's got no bonus clause in his contract which could have at least offset the large discrepancy in his market value.

Is what he did the right thing? No. But I see a 21 year old kid lured by the guarantee of a big paycheck in Russia. Have you read about how he contacted Nashville's GM prior to signing in Russia trying to tell him about all the money that was on the table, but was ignored? EDIT: He clearly didn't fully understand how the ELC system worked, and the advice he got from his agent had to be suspect.

Radulov is certainly not innocent in all of this, but he is at least partially a victim of a management structure which is able to exploit young players by paying them under market value, and also a victim of some terrible advice from either his agent or someone else.

Old
09-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Radek27

Quote:
No. I see Radulov as a 21 year old kid in a ****** situation. A player being paid far under his market value based on an arbitrary rule that says you can't make more than $850,000 base salary on an ELC. He's got no bonus clause in his contract which could have at least offset the large discrepancy in his market value.

Is what he did the right thing? No. But I see a 21 year old kid lured by the guarantee of a big paycheck in Russia. Have you read about how he contacted Nashville's GM prior to signing in Russia trying to tell him about all the money that was on the table, but was ignored? EDIT: He clearly didn't fully understand how the ELC system worked, and the advice he got from his agent had to be suspect.

Radulov is certainly not innocent in all of this, but he is at least partially a victim of a management structure which is able to exploit young players by paying them under market value, and also a victim of some terrible advice from either his agent or someone else.
Did he sign that ELC? Yes he did. He signed it, honor it.......and you wonder where the Yashin comment came from? You sign a contract that lasts for 3 years, you play on that contract for 3 years unless the team is willing to restructure. Hey was Crosby paid market value on his ELC? Was Rick Nash when he was a rookie? Hey why hasn't all the young player that came in and played decent not want to get out of thier ELC? It also sounds to me that he needs to find himslef a new agent. Give Bob Orr a call boy!

Old
09-11-2008, 07:41 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Staal View Post
Ugh. Big difference. Jagr would of got payed a lot more than Radulov would for this season, and, Radulov is young, Jagr is old
Jagr is old and he is young? So you can be a selfish player if your young? Jagr has 2 cups and more hardware that the young Radulov can only dream to achieve. But hey he's young! I don't want this guy anywhere near Zherdev, Anisimov, Grachev, or Cherry. Also I have never seen Rads take over the game or the ice like I have seen Jagr do. Atleast offensively, Jagr was worth it.

Old
09-11-2008, 07:47 PM
azrok22

Quote:
you play on that contract for 3 years unless the team is willing to restructure
Sigh... they cannot restructure a contract. You are forced to remain within the very narrow limits of the ELC. The system is flawed in my opinion, it should be a free market.