HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline Thread: 19 days left

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2004, 03:31 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Trade Deadline Thread: 15 day's left

Feel free to post:
-Player's on your wishlist
-Player's you want to see gone
-Trade rumor's
-Trade proposal's

Last edited by JOHNBOY: 02-24-2004 at 02:06 PM.
Old
02-19-2004, 04:30 PM
ajsonor

I asked the Ranger's board what it would take to get Kovalev AS A RENTAL. They really seem to overvalue him. I started with offering Novotny and a 2nd, based on the Bondra trade. They seem to think renting him can justify a roster player and were throwing around names like Pyatt and Max in addition to high draft picks.

I'd like somre more Buffalo input if you would...The thread is located here:
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=53751

Old
02-19-2004, 08:29 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

i really don't want any player on the roster gone
i would like to see campbell put into a situation where he is a reserve or able to play with a steady partner, instead of delmore/janik

luke richardson is my darkhorse right now- huge, physical, experienced, leadership

phoenix seems quite deep at D and a guy i would melt to pry from their grip is ossi vaananen- though i have no clue whatsoever what his market value/availability is

Old
02-19-2004, 08:35 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsandsabres
i really don't want any player on the roster gone
i would like to see campbell put into a situation where he is a reserve or able to play with a steady partner, instead of delmore/janik

luke richardson is my darkhorse right now- huge, physical, experienced, leadership

phoenix seems quite deep at D and a guy i would melt to pry from their grip is ossi vaananen- though i have no clue whatsoever what his market value/availability is
Vaananen and Mara to the Yotes are what Kalinin is to the Sabres, in terms of value. Young, proven, skilled blueliners who can eat up minutes are premium priced in the trade market.

Old
02-19-2004, 08:40 PM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
These are the players I want.

1.Bob Corkum
2.Bob Essensa
3.Steve Heinze

I actually hope it's a player that we keep for more then 1 year and if it's a rental make sure it's a bona-fide one and not a 3rd liner.And even if I hate Pyatt,I wouldn't trade him for Kovalev.

Old
02-19-2004, 09:21 PM
LALALALALALAFONTAINE

Jason Smith. Mike Komisarek. Nick Boynton. Well, you did say it was a wish list.

My trade proposals have already been mentioned.

Old
02-20-2004, 02:31 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsandsabres
Richardson's in the 2nd year of a 4 year $10 million contract. I believe there may be a 5th year player option for $2.5 million too. I don't think Darcy goes near anyone signed longterm, particularly an immobile dman in his 30's.

Old
02-20-2004, 11:17 PM
lecherous

Send a message via AIM to lecherous
I wonder if we could get Radoslav Suchy from PHO or Brendan Witt from WAS.

I'd send something like Milley + 5th to PHO for Suchy, and I wouldn't hesitate to send someone like Chris Thorburn along with a 2nd rounder for Witt.

Then again, I have no idea what either of those guys are worth to their teams. Witt would definitely be a bonafide #3 behind Zhitnik and Kalinin, and Suchy could solidify the other side of Elmore or Campbell.

Also, what about Pavel Trnka? What's he worth to Anaheim? He could definitely play the other side with Elmore/Campbell.

Old
02-20-2004, 11:21 PM
TVanek26*

I think Steve Poapst or Nathan Dempsey out of Chicago would really really help our defense.They may be cheap and either would easily be an upgrade over Campbell and Delmore,while Dempsey would be an upgrade over Fitzpatrick and maybe Tallinder.I really think Dempsey could be an eventual number 3.He's close to 30,which is shocking since this is his 4th full season I think.He was a former leaf.

Old
02-20-2004, 11:23 PM
lecherous

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
I think Steve Poapst or Nathan Dempsey out of Chicago would really really help our defense.They may be cheap and either would easily be an upgrade over Campbell and Delmore,while Dempsey would be an upgrade over Fitzpatrick and maybe Tallinder.I really think Dempsey could be an eventual number 3.He's close to 30,which is shocking since this is his 4th full season I think.He was a former leaf.
Poapst would be nice for a #4/5 guy, but I don't see Dempsey fitting in with us. He always struck me as a liability when I saw him on the Leafs. He brings some scoring, but we need toughness and grit first off.

Old
02-20-2004, 11:30 PM
TVanek26*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecherous
Poapst would be nice for a #4/5 guy, but I don't see Dempsey fitting in with us. He always struck me as a liability when I saw him on the Leafs. He brings some scoring, but we need toughness and grit first off.

Dempsey is a totally different player now then he was with the Leafs.His play has elevated greatly when he went to Chicago.Dempsey was an AHL player in Toronto,but went to Chicago and is now the number 1.He plays good offense and is responsible in his own end.I would offer Novotny and a 5th for Dempsey.

Old
02-21-2004, 07:45 AM
Kruschiki

Would the Ducks part with Carney?

Old
02-21-2004, 01:19 PM
LALALALALALAFONTAINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
Nathan Dempsey also went to the same high school as Grant Fuhr and Stu Barnes. It would only make sense for him to eventually play for the Sabres.

Old
02-22-2004, 07:44 AM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Dempsey would be a great pick up, does anyone know his salary?

Old
02-22-2004, 09:53 AM
Takeo

ROCHESTER DEMOCRAT & CHRONICLE: Kevin Oklobzija reports the Buffalo Sabres might ship defenceman Brian Campbell to the Chicago Blackhawks for defenceman Jason Strudwick in order to bolster their size on the blueline.

http://spectorshockey.tripod.com/spe...e_rumours.html

Seems like a good deal for the Hawks as Campbell is younger and possesses greater upside. As for the Sabres, Strudwick is a tireless worker and banger. Positionally, he's a forward/d-man tweener and would be a 6/7 depth guy on our blueline. Trading depth for depth and upgrading in size and grit seems like a reasonable option, although Soupy has definetly played better as of late. Strudwick turns 29 this summer and took in $550K this year. Hopefully this won't be the "blockbuster" deal some posters are stumping for...

Old
02-22-2004, 10:10 AM
Fan-of-#9

I'd take Strudwick, I've seen him drop the gloves on occasion with the Hawks. He's a left handed shot though, I wonder where he'd fit in with our current core of D-men.
I think they'd have to sweeten the pot a bit to get Campbell from us though in a straight up deal.

I'd absolutely love to get Mark Bell from the Hawks. Only if Pyatt showed the promise that Bell is showing this season. Mark Bell is one tough kid. If I'm not mistaken, I think he's already fought the likes of Nolan, Tkachuk, and Guerin in his young career. He's currently leading the Hawks in goals, assists and points...not bad for young kid in a rather tough situation.

Old
02-22-2004, 04:54 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

I think it's time to take Ryan Miller's name off the untouchable list. It seems clear to me that he's going to have the same kind of growing pains we've seen with Biron and Noronen. The Sabres are set in goal for a long time with or without Miller and if he can be dealt to fill a key need it should be considered.

Old
02-22-2004, 05:49 PM
MLH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed
I think it's time to take Ryan Miller's name off the untouchable list. It seems clear to me that he's going to have the same kind of growing pains we've seen with Biron and Noronen. The Sabres are set in goal for a long time with or without Miller and if he can be dealt to fill a key need it should be considered.
I couldn't disagree more. That would be completely and totally short sighted. I wouldn't trade away a key aspect of the future to "fill in a key need" so that we can get knocked out in the first round.

Old
02-22-2004, 06:48 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartG101
I couldn't disagree more. That would be completely and totally short sighted. I wouldn't trade away a key aspect of the future to "fill in a key need" so that we can get knocked out in the first round.
I personally don't think Miller is going to pan out. That's just my gut feeling from what I've seen.

Old
02-22-2004, 08:34 PM
lecherous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4
I personally don't think Miller is going to pan out. That's just my gut feeling from what I've seen.
I feel the same way...I just think he's too hyped. If we could get someone to overpay for him, I'd love to see a nice return for him.

Old
02-22-2004, 09:12 PM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed
I get your point and I somewhat agree with it. I assume you mean that by filling a key need you're talking about a long term player, not a rental. But I'm still not willing to just throw Miller away. Basically the only thing I can think of trading him for is a legitimate, fairly young top defenseman and most of the teams that have those aren't going to just give them away, even for miller who might have some growing pains and won't help immediately. Frankly at this point I think the Sabres are better off holding onto him unless they can get a major return on a Miller-centered deal. A Redden-type return.

Old
02-22-2004, 09:42 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus007
I get your point and I somewhat agree with it. I assume you mean that by filling a key need you're talking about a long term player, not a rental. But I'm still not willing to just throw Miller away. Basically the only thing I can think of trading him for is a legitimate, fairly young top defenseman and most of the teams that have those aren't going to just give them away, even for miller who might have some growing pains and won't help immediately. Frankly at this point I think the Sabres are better off holding onto him unless they can get a major return on a Miller-centered deal. A Redden-type return.
It would definately have to be to fill a longterm need. A big center or powerforward would also fill the bill. Miller will be a good one, but we're still looking at 2-3 more years to develop him. Noronen and Biron will be in their primes then. I think Miller's a bit too close in age to Biron and Noronen to fit. These great goalie prospects seem to be fairly easy to draft.

Old
02-22-2004, 10:22 PM
Takeo

Considering Miller's hype as a prospect and Noronen's relative success and minimal contract, I wonder who would nab the better return right now...

Old
02-23-2004, 08:40 AM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo21
Considering Miller's hype as a prospect and Noronen's relative success and minimal contract, I wonder who would nab the better return right now...
I think Miller would get the better return,he is younger than Noronen.
Although I do hear that Miller's number's in the AHL aren't that good this year.

Old
02-23-2004, 09:22 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY
I think Miller would get the better return,he is younger than Noronen.
Although I do hear that Miller's number's in the AHL aren't that good this year.
Miller (23) is only 1 year younger than Noronen (24).

As for Miller's stats: 17-19-5, 3 SO, 2.29 GAA, .923 SV%.

Closed Thread