HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fans helping fans: Fantasy Help

Old
10-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Opus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
I agree Gags might not last the season but even if he doesnt it doesnt mean lupul will be moving up tot he first line role. Lupul has never been close tot he kind of production vanek puts up, vanek had 36 goals and 64 points and everyone said he was a disappointment. Hes guarenteed to be on a top line with 2 great young players and is guarenteed a spot on the top PP unit, he should be back to the 80 point area this way for sure. Lupul will be 2nd PP unit and 3rd line with 2 grinders unless theres an injury. I think anyone can agree that if Lupul gets 60 points we will all be happy while if vanek scores 60 points people will start labeling him a bust.
Fair enough, agreed.

I wasn't suggesting Lupul would go to the top line though, just pushed up to the second line.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
Fair enough, agreed.

I wasn't suggesting Lupul would go to the top line though, just pushed up to the second line.
gotcha. Lupul should eb a good sleeper this year though. 60 points wouldnt surprise me and hes going really late if at all in a lot of fantasy drafts.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Ryanoceros
He Shoots, He Scores

Trade Help:

Team A Cleary for Team B Bernier. Who wins?

Ryanoceros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 09:53 PM
Flyin High 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
Trade Help:

Team A Cleary for Team B Bernier. Who wins?
Well I would have to Say Team A.. Cleary put up 42 points in 63 games I believe.. and Detroit is an Offensive Monster.. I think Bernier is a good young player and will put up decent points.. but I would still pick Cleary..he's probably going to play with better players... therefore... more points...plus.. ITS DETROIT

Flyin High 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 06:44 AM
pampatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan286 View Post
Well I would have to Say Team A.. Cleary put up 42 points in 63 games I believe.. and Detroit is an Offensive Monster.. I think Bernier is a good young player and will put up decent points.. but I would still pick Cleary..he's probably going to play with better players... therefore... more points...plus.. ITS DETROIT
Yep, it's Detroit and Cleary is very good but he plays in the third line with Filppula and Samuelsson while Bernier will start the season with Sedins and play on first powerplay unit.

My prediction is that Cleary will score something like 25+30 while Bernier will put up 35+30 when playing with the twins.

pampatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 07:07 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Id take a risk on Bernier getting Anson Carter numbers.

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 09:12 AM
Ryanoceros
He Shoots, He Scores

I tend to agree with all of your points on Bernier. BTW I am Team A, so I think it would benefit my team to make the move, considering cleary is basically on my bottom line/bench. Might seem pretty minor, but I think it could help out a lot. Thanks.

Old
10-11-2008, 06:14 AM
old17

What do you think, how many games will Niittymaki play this season ?? It´s between him, Mason and Halak as #3 goalie in my team (w, so, sv%, sv, gaa).

Thanks

old17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 09:43 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by old17 View Post
What do you think, how many games will Niittymaki play this season ?? It´s between him, Mason and Halak as #3 goalie in my team (w, so, sv%, sv, gaa).

Thanks
around the same as last year probably. Between 20 and 30

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 11:16 AM
Flyin High 28

hey guys.. Kostitsyn got smashed like a bug on a windshield the other night and has a consussion. I will most likely drop him. I am looking to pick up Holmstrom Franzen or Miettinen... any suggestions?? I would really appreciate it! thanks

Flyin High 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 11:22 AM
Opus

Quote:
hey guys.. Kostitsyn got smashed like a bug on a windshield the other night and has a consussion. I will most likely drop him. I am looking to pick up Holmstrom Franzen or Miettinen... any suggestions?? I would really appreciate it! thanks
The Habs only play 4 games (I think) in the next 20 games...unless you're desperate, I'd hold on to him. With the upcoming schedule, I don't expect him to miss too many games.

If you want to make a move, I'd personally take Miettinen. He's getting increased ice with Gaborik 'injured'...and once Gaborik is traded, the ice time is his.

Old
10-20-2008, 11:49 AM
flyboys15

Quote:
If you're willing to risk losing Kostitsyn than you might as well take the risk with Miettinen. You know what you are getting with Holmstrom or Franzen but Miets ceiling is the sky at this point. If Mikka Koivu is there I'd take a look at him too.

flyboys15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 12:53 PM
Ryanoceros
He Shoots, He Scores

Okay here's my lineup, and I have the same problem with A. Kostitsyn:

LW: Morrow, S. Kostitsyn, Hartnell, Lucic, A. Kostitsyn
C: Getzlaf, Richards, Dubinsky, Plekanec, Kesler, Fisher
RW: Brown, Gaborik, Ryder, Voracek, Hunter
D: Chara, Komisarek, Seabrook, Kubina, Ballard, Robidas, Lydman
G: Luongo, Miller

G/A/+/-/PPG/SHG/PIMs/SOG/HITS/BLKS

My I'm thinking Kostitsyn will be going on IR after that hit, so I could either A) wait it out, and hope it's nothing too long term and make a bandaid pickup from the free agents or B) make a trade for someone that can step in and produce points at the same level as Kostitsyn.

One owner has offered me Parise for D. I'm not entirely sure I should jump the gun and bring in a LW (especially since I'll have to can someone once Kostitsyn comes back). The same owner seems desperate to unload some of his D as well, including Letang . What do you guys think about something like: LW + Kubina for Letang + Parise?

Old
10-20-2008, 01:41 PM
Opus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
Okay here's my lineup, and I have the same problem with A. Kostitsyn:

LW: Morrow, S. Kostitsyn, Hartnell, Lucic, A. Kostitsyn
C: Getzlaf, Richards, Dubinsky, Plekanec, Kesler, Fisher
RW: Brown, Gaborik, Ryder, Voracek, Hunter
D: Chara, Komisarek, Seabrook, Kubina, Ballard, Robidas, Lydman
G: Luongo, Miller

G/A/+/-/PPG/SHG/PIMs/SOG/HITS/BLKS

My I'm thinking Kostitsyn will be going on IR after that hit, so I could either A) wait it out, and hope it's nothing too long term and make a bandaid pickup from the free agents or B) make a trade for someone that can step in and produce points at the same level as Kostitsyn.

One owner has offered me Parise for D. I'm not entirely sure I should jump the gun and bring in a LW (especially since I'll have to can someone once Kostitsyn comes back). The same owner seems desperate to unload some of his D as well, including Letang . What do you guys think about something like: LW + Kubina for Letang + Parise?

I don't think he's going to miss too much time (see my post above). If you like your team, I'd probably stand pat. If you feel the need the need to make a move, Parise has beed solid this season...and would be a great player to aquire.

Old
10-20-2008, 01:54 PM
Ryanoceros
He Shoots, He Scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
I don't think he's going to miss too much time (see my post above). If you like your team, I'd probably stand pat. If you feel the need the need to make a move, Parise has beed solid this season...and would be a great player to aquire.
Yeah. So far so good with my team, so I don't want to get too antsy to make a move. I'm 2-0 on the season, due largely in part to Dubinsky's early tear, so I'm not completely at ease.

What kind of package deal would be good for Parise + Letang from my roster?