HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What happened to JP Cote?

Old
09-14-2008, 12:37 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
3X premium? Isn't the league minimum like $500K - $550K?

Brisebois makes $750K this season. If you are talking about the bonuses.. then if Breezer meets them, obviously he will have had a good season, unlike what Cote could of done, so what's the problem?

The bonus system for a player like Brisebois is a win-win. I don't know why people are complaining about it..
The thing is though the bonus counts against the cap... thats the only downside.

However I'm much more comfortable with the veteran breezy as our number 7... he knows his role, and he still plays good as along as he isn't used too much.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 08:13 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I heard he was a free agent and he's looking for his options. He said on radio he wouldn't mind playing for the Habs if they would give him one more chance. I never understood why the team never let him play more for the Habs when we sign old guys like Brisebois.
because he clearly wasn't good enough.

THE HOFF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 08:36 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Well it wasn't actually directed at you, anyway.

Just saying a non-negative cameo by a callup seems to frequently generate fan expectations for a player that doesn't necessarily match what that player has shown over the longer haul at other levels. I've always thought that Cote got more attention for his little stint than he deserved, just as Stewart got a bit more for his 1 game last year than he deserved too. Good on them both for what they did, of course.
Then we agree. But for some reason I wasn't overly impressed when he was called up.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote