HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van-NYR-Edm Deal in the works?

Old
09-16-2008, 11:53 AM
Black Tank

vCash: 500
Gomez is 28 and every year his contract becomes a better deal as salary escalation continues unabated. He's also spent the last two weeks practicing with a bunch of other Rangers before training camp begins this week. Why would the Rangers trade 1) their best player from last year 2) who's in his prime and 3) wants to play in NY for a shot at a 38 year old who's not sure he wants to play hockey anymore?

The Rangers would probably give Sundin a home if he decides he wants to play at MSG and take a shot at the POs but it won't be by getting rid of their best player. It's much more realistic to imagine a few million cleared by trading players like Prucha or Riismiller (though Renney has already stated that in the high velocity offense he's trying to build, Prucha will have every chance to regain his past productivity) and Sundin signing for well below market. If Sundin doesn't want to play for scratch I don't think the Rangers will be interested.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 12:28 PM
rigger

I wouldn't trade Gomez if I was NY but if I was I would trade him for something like a great second line center and prospects.

Something like Mike Fisher + picks. Of course Ottawa has no need for Gomez as they have Spezza. But an elite second line center and a 1st rounder and a great prospect. Maybe David Legwand and Suter?

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 05:15 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Organist View Post
Eklund threads are always rich with controversy.

I tend to not put much potential in them. .
I have decided to start a new game---all posters who start an eklund thread get tossed on my ignore list--I am going to see how massive my list is by the end of the year

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
I have decided to start a new game---all posters who start an eklund thread get tossed on my ignore list--I am going to see how massive my list is by the end of the year
my guess is you will see only about 15 people posting on this board....

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 05:45 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
my guess is you will see only about 15 people posting on this board....
it is quite fun-- there are three of us who are running a pool to see who will have the largest ignore list for the season. The other two posters are taking a different approach to the matter

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
it is quite fun-- there are three of us who are running a pool to see who will have the largest ignore list for the season. The other two posters are taking a different approach to the matter
Good, have fun talking with those guys, and the 5 other posters who don't make it on your ignore list. Can I be put on today?

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Attica

Send a message via MSN to Attica
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i would doubt it.....rangers have a very solid top-6....

redden-staal
rozsival-girardi
mara-kalinin
Very Solid, but Ohlund would be easily a #2 behind Redden. Staal isn't quite there yet, but he'll definitely be top pairing material.

If Ohlund is what NYR is after, then I'd say it would be a lesser d-man and a prucha for Ohlund. Although that still doesn't make sense, because we're loaded at the wing.

Attica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 05:53 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
man the retard at hockey buzz is constantly flapping his gums, and 95%(19/20, 95/100, 190/200,1900/2000... it's really freaking bad) of time he's wrong. His website is the biggest farce out there except for the fact that it does a good job of displaying cap information.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 06:12 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 0
Thanks to IB.

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 08:31 PM
God
Free Citizen

Unless I'm mistaken, Gomez means more to the Rangers than Drury does, and Drury makes 7 million a year, which could mean that it's not Gomez, but Drury.

Am I completely off base here? Does Drury have a NTC?

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao View Post
Unless I'm mistaken, Gomez means more to the Rangers than Drury does, and Drury makes 7 million a year, which could mean that it's not Gomez, but Drury.

Am I completely off base here? Does Drury have a NTC?
Chris Drury, NYR - NMC
Scott Gomez, NYR - NTC [limited; at the end of the each season Gomez gives the Rangers a list of 3 teams he will not accept a trade to]

Source...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 09:16 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attica View Post
Very Solid, but Ohlund would be easily a #2 behind Redden. Staal isn't quite there yet, but he'll definitely be top pairing material.

If Ohlund is what NYR is after, then I'd say it would be a lesser d-man and a prucha for Ohlund. Although that still doesn't make sense, because we're loaded at the wing.
i wasnt knocking ohlund, but if im not mistaken he is rather expensive....

the pairings in camp are as follows:
rozsival-staal
girardi-redden
mara-kalinin

i would love to grab ohlund and put him on the second pairing and move redden up.....but there isnt enough cap space to do as both mara and kalinin are better than 5-6 defenseman and redden is better than a #3.....overall they have a lot of depth

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote