HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EA NHL09 Custom Sens Music - Sweet!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-14-2008, 05:23 PM
  #1
Silver7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
EA NHL09 Custom Sens Music - Sweet!

This is def. one of the coolest things about NHL 09. Here's a link to download the MP3 of the Sens intro music that can be played in NHL 09 during Sens home games.

The Mp3 has been edited perfectly...so you get the Sens "Cha-Chunk" music before they come out on the ice followed by the Sens theme music as they come on the ice.

You'll have to burn the MP3 onto an audio CD then rip it to your Xbox's hard drive.

Here's the link: http://www.stoopster.com/sens.html

Let me know if you have any problems figuring out how to add it in NHL.

Silver7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 05:25 PM
  #2
freakin
Registered User
 
freakin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: behind enemy lines
Posts: 9,617
vCash: 500
speaking of this does anyone know of a website that lists, and possibly has, all the intro's and goal songs made up for 09?

freakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 05:34 PM
  #3
Silver7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
The Sens website lists this for player songs:
Glenn Frey - "The Heat Is On"
Dany Heatley's goal song.
Bodyrockers - "I Like the Way You Move"
Jason Spezza's goal song.
U2 - "Beautiful Day"
We play this one every time Daniel Alfredsson scores.
Thousand Foot Krutch - "Mike Fisher"
Mike Fisher's goal song.
Loverboy - "Lovin' Every Minute of It"
This is the song we use when the Sens score their sixth goal - the "Pizza Goal"

Silver7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 05:56 PM
  #4
Pothier
Registered User
 
Pothier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kingston, ON
Posts: 4,763
vCash: 500
http://hockeymusic.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=2314

SensMan is the Senators DJ.

Pothier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 06:37 PM
  #5
vdB
Registered User
 
vdB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Whitby, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
Thats pretty cool.

I'm looking for the goal horn that plays in SBP. I got a decent collection on my itunes and i gotta add that one. SO if anyone has it, please let me know.

Thanks.

vdB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 07:12 PM
  #6
Kekumba
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,691
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kekumba Send a message via MSN to Kekumba Send a message via Skype™ to Kekumba
Thanks, this is great.

Kekumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 07:58 PM
  #7
Airborne Troll*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,862
vCash: 500
Thanks man

This is awesome

Airborne Troll* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 08:57 PM
  #8
PhysicalTorque
Registered User
 
PhysicalTorque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,483
vCash: 500
Duude!

It's the song I've looking for, for ages!

Thanks for the link!! AWESOME!!!

i LieK Ps3 Btw.

PhysicalTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 09:49 PM
  #9
Rubber Soul
 
Rubber Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ottawa / Waterloo
Country: Canada
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver7 View Post
The Sens website lists this for player songs:
Glenn Frey - "The Heat Is On"
Dany Heatley's goal song.
Bodyrockers - "I Like the Way You Move"
Jason Spezza's goal song.
U2 - "Beautiful Day"
We play this one every time Daniel Alfredsson scores.
Thousand Foot Krutch - "Mike Fisher"
Mike Fisher's goal song.
Loverboy - "Lovin' Every Minute of It"
This is the song we use when the Sens score their sixth goal - the "Pizza Goal"
can you set the Xbox to play those songs after the player scores? that would be so cool.

Rubber Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 01:19 AM
  #10
freakin
Registered User
 
freakin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: behind enemy lines
Posts: 9,617
vCash: 500
found this:

(all the goal horns)

http://www.2khockey.net/forums/index...wnload+section

and this:

(between play music)

http://www.2khockey.net/forums/index...ena+music+pack

2k is good for something apparantly.

enjoy.


Last edited by freakin: 09-15-2008 at 01:25 AM.
freakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 01:22 AM
  #11
DontBooAlfieDuckFans
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 898
vCash: 500
I will be buying 09 soon as of right now I own 2k9 the goal celebrations are funny as hell.

DontBooAlfieDuckFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 03:29 AM
  #12
freakin
Registered User
 
freakin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: behind enemy lines
Posts: 9,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakin View Post
ouch, looks like the game plays it's own horn anyways, so you need to edit out the horns and just keep the music that plays after from all the files to make things sound more normal. Unless you want two horns.

freakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 07:20 AM
  #13
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar
 
PeterSidorkiewicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Michigan
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 15,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakin View Post
found this:

(all the goal horns)

http://www.2khockey.net/forums/index...wnload+section

and this:

(between play music)

http://www.2khockey.net/forums/index...ena+music+pack

2k is good for something apparantly.

enjoy.
Pffffff. I only buy like 4 games a year, so I always get both NHL and 2k. 2k's games have always been good imo, this year included. I am HIGHLY addicted to online be a pro right now though, its probably the most fun ive ever had playing a video game. Ive been playing a dece amount after work, between playing a video game and posting here I think my nerdom has reached new levels.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 07:22 AM
  #14
Silver7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
I also added "Workaholic" by 2 Unlimited for the power play song. The begining is the sound the Sens use for the powerplay.

Silver7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 08:30 AM
  #15
freakin
Registered User
 
freakin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: behind enemy lines
Posts: 9,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
Pffffff. I only buy like 4 games a year, so I always get both NHL and 2k. 2k's games have always been good imo, this year included. I am HIGHLY addicted to online be a pro right now though, its probably the most fun ive ever had playing a video game. Ive been playing a dece amount after work, between playing a video game and posting here I think my nerdom has reached new levels.
I actually guessed after I said that you would respond defending 2k's honor.

I thought OTP was the ultimate, but online BAP is just ridiculously addicting. I switched up my character to a power forward and have been having a lot more fun just laying people out, while scoring as they wonder what just happened.

freakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 08:39 AM
  #16
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar
 
PeterSidorkiewicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Michigan
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 15,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakin View Post
I actually guessed after I said that you would respond defending 2k's honor.

I thought OTP was the ultimate, but online BAP is just ridiculously addicting. I switched up my character to a power forward and have been having a lot more fun just laying people out, while scoring as they wonder what just happened.
Ha, I cant help it, I really do like the game! I actually switched from a grinder back to a defensive dman, Volchenkov style. Its pretty fun trying to play good D, picking when to pinch and when not to, etc. Its my fave position in the game now. I dont even wanna attempt goalie though, I know I'd get shredded up.

Offline BAP I really have zero interest in, but Online BAP is defnitely the most fun Ive ever had playing a hockey game I think. Unfortunately I only have one other friend with a PS3 as all the other ones have 360's.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 09:01 AM
  #17
16w
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 527
vCash: 500
this song is so freakin epic... it has aged like a fine Vintage Port wine...

16w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 02:36 PM
  #18
ohmbrew
Registered User
 
ohmbrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 701
vCash: 500
Anyone know how to get the custom music to play a little louder? Is it the volume of the original track I rip to the XBox that's causing it play low, or is anyone else consistently getting their custom audio sounding a little too quiet during the intro?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ohmbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 02:57 PM
  #19
Silver7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmbrew View Post
Anyone know how to get the custom music to play a little louder? Is it the volume of the original track I rip to the XBox that's causing it play low, or is anyone else consistently getting their custom audio sounding a little too quiet during the intro?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I have that problem to and it seems alot of other people do to, judging by NHL09 boards with any custom song. Try adjusting the volume settings and bumping up the area volume.

Silver7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 11:12 AM
  #20
ohmbrew
Registered User
 
ohmbrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver7 View Post
I have that problem to and it seems alot of other people do to, judging by NHL09 boards with any custom song. Try adjusting the volume settings and bumping up the area volume.
I just read on the EA Forums that it may have to do with the original dB settings of your original music file. What was suggested was to use something like "mp3gain" to boost the dB level of your custom music on your computer (the suggested level to boost to was 105 dB), and then use that file to rip to a cd and put onto the XBox (and then add to custom music as you normally would.)

I tried using the mp3gain software, and it seemed to boost my targeted songs anywhere from 7 to 15 dB's in order to get it to 105 dB. I haven't been able to rip the songs yet, but I'm hoping this will work. I'll report back tonight once I get a chance to test.

ohmbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 02:06 PM
  #21
vdB
Registered User
 
vdB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Whitby, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakin View Post
Awesome! thanks. I plan to make the horn my ringtone at FULL BLAST.


Last edited by vdB: 09-16-2008 at 02:20 PM.
vdB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 03:40 PM
  #22
Silver7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmbrew View Post
I just read on the EA Forums that it may have to do with the original dB settings of your original music file. What was suggested was to use something like "mp3gain" to boost the dB level of your custom music on your computer (the suggested level to boost to was 105 dB), and then use that file to rip to a cd and put onto the XBox (and then add to custom music as you normally would.)

I tried using the mp3gain software, and it seemed to boost my targeted songs anywhere from 7 to 15 dB's in order to get it to 105 dB. I haven't been able to rip the songs yet, but I'm hoping this will work. I'll report back tonight once I get a chance to test.
Cool, let us know.

Silver7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 09:17 PM
  #23
Constantine
In hoc signo vinces
 
Constantine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Frontlines
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,328
vCash: 500
I’m jealous of you all with an XBox 360, NHL 09 for the PS3 does not have custom sounds . But NHL 2k9 has Crowd Chant by Joe Satriani.

Constantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 10:29 AM
  #24
Silver7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
Anyword on bumping up the volume? Also - why the hell is Gerber's mask still yellow in NHL?

Silver7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 12:49 PM
  #25
ohmbrew
Registered User
 
ohmbrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver7 View Post
Anyword on bumping up the volume? Also - why the hell is Gerber's mask still yellow in NHL?
Sorry, I forgot to report back.

The sound fix I mention above works great! I'm now hearing Enter Sandman and Rock You Like a Hurricane during my intros in full volume.

My suggestions to the original fix - don't bump the dB level all the way up to 105 dB. The sound can get a little distorted. I believe the ideal rating would probably be around 103 dB. As well, make sure to adjust your volume sliders so that the Arena Music is at 100% rather than the default (which I believe was your suggestion).

One other suggestion that I wish I knew about...when you're bumping up your dB levels with mp3gain, I would suggest copying your desired NHL09 original mp3 files into a "hockey songs" folder and then boosting those rather than your originals. The reason for this is that if you boost with mp3gain, then your boosted songs will forever be in that boosted state. I prefer to listen to my music at their default levels, and now that I've boosted some of my songs to copy onto the XBox at a higher level, I'll have to find the originals again if I want to listen for pure musical pleasure at their original levels.

Anyway, if you have any questions, let me know.

ohmbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.