HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Mad dog talking to betman right now

Old
09-15-2008, 01:56 PM
ghirshorn

vCash: 500
Mad dog talking to betman right now

he is on XM144 and on some Sirius channel. He talked about how the hockey season tends to be overlooked in the beginning of the season just due to the amount of sports taking place in October. Also commented on the goalie pads and how he wants the goalie equipment to be 'custom made suits' where you wear pads for what you need to be protected but not keep pucks out of the net.

ghirshorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 02:00 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I can't wait for the season, regardless of everything else going on. My Metsies are looking at another horrid collapse, my Jets are looking IMO mediocre and the Knicks aren't worth watching. Hopefully the Rags provide me something to root for.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 02:03 PM
ghirshorn

hahahahaha mad dog, "you know I like the NHL at big times in the year"

Old
09-15-2008, 02:38 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghirshorn View Post
hahahahaha mad dog, "you know I like the NHL at big times in the year"
He means when the Cup is given out and Hockey is over for 3 months. We just past Mad Dog's favorite time of the hockey year.

Did Bettman discuss the idea of future expansion to Europe? I'm sure Mad Dog didn't ask but just checking. How is his new show without the fat boy next to him? I really do hate Mike.

Radek27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 07:56 PM
ghirshorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Did Bettman discuss the idea of future expansion to Europe? I'm sure Mad Dog didn't ask but just checking. How is his new show without the fat boy next to him? I really do hate Mike.
Betman mentioned the series being played in Europe to begin this year (Mike was surprised that there were two series being played the one in prauge and the other in sweden) he did not talk about expansion of teams to this area. It was his first show today but he did his normal whining rants on all sorts of topics.

Old
09-15-2008, 08:10 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
He means when the Cup is given out and Hockey is over for 3 months. We just past Mad Dog's favorite time of the hockey year.

Well, I think he likes it a bit more than Fat Mike ever did. Granted, he's not a real fan but I wouldn't doubt he turns a game on once in a while when nothing else is on.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 02:37 AM
The Thomas J.*

I listened for about 5 mins, sunded like the old mad dog we all love.........& hate at the same time.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 08:13 AM
NYRBlaznBure9

Send a message via ICQ to NYRBlaznBure9
I never could listen to anything Mike & The Mad Dog, together or separated, had to say about hockey. It's painful to watch or listen to, they have no clue what hockey is, and they try to cover it in March and April to get some ratings as not too much else is going on at that point. If you like hearing two "professional" sports talk guys BS there way through an entire segment, tune in when those two cover hockey.

NYRBlaznBure9 is offline   Reply With Quote