HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Top 25 prospects(ALL up) in french.

Old
09-15-2008, 04:16 PM
kostitsyn1489

vCash: 500
Top 25 prospects(ALL up) in french.

I've done a top 25 with players info and stuff and now the first part is up. Also i dont consider Price SKostitsyn and O'Byrne as prospect anymore unlike HFBoards.

So here it is

1-15: http://www.fanatique.ca/canadiens/es...a-15+2955.html
16-25: http://www.fanatique.ca/canadiens/le...a-25+2944.html

I'll update this threads when other parts are up, next one should be tomorrow.

Thanks and i hope you enjoy.

Edit: Here's the ranking so far. I'll also update this as the parts come out.

1.Ryan McDonagh
2.Max Pacioretty
3.Kyle Chipchura
4.David Fischer
5.Ben Maxwell
6.P.K. Subban
7.Yannick Weber
8.Mathieu Carle
9.Danny Kristo
10.Ryan White
11.Matt D'Agostini
12.Alexei Emelin
13.J.T. Wyman
14.Pavel Valentenko
15.Brock Trotter
16.Niklas Torp
17.Steve Quailier
18.Greg Peteryn
19.Maxim Trunev
20.Andrew Conboy
21.Greg Stewart
22.Olivier Fortier
23.Shawn Belle
24.Philippe Paquet
25.Jason Missian

Last edited by kostitsyn1489: 09-17-2008 at 04:04 PM.
kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 05:57 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Good read!

Pierre Dagenais is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 07:11 PM
kostitsyn1489

I just edited the OP with the ranking so far.

Old
09-15-2008, 10:21 PM
Prospector

Wow! Keep up the good work mon ami!

Prospector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 04:04 PM
kostitsyn1489

Part 2 up.

Old
09-17-2008, 04:13 PM
Louis Houde

Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
good work!

Louis Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Iwishihadacup

Very nice ranking!

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 05:30 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Strongly disagree with D'Agostini's ranking but I can't say I'm surprised.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 06:21 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I only read Weber, Emelin and Trunve. From what I understood, it's a good description of it.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Erika

Very nice work, but seeing Kyle Chipchura at #3 just made me almost throw up (exageration)...

The rest is very interesting though.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 09-18-2008 at 12:14 PM.
Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 10:20 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
I've done a top 25 with players info and stuff and now the first part is up. Also i dont consider Price SKostitsyn and O'Byrne as prospect anymore unlike HFBoards.
I always enjoy reading peoples thoughts on our prospects. I couldn't read to much as it takes me a while to get through articles in French as my French sucks. I agree on taking Halak, Kostitsyn, Price, O'B out of the list, my next list which I've started working on for this year's top 20, they will all be off the list as well.

To me I think most will agree that the 1 and 2 spots go to Pacioretty/McDonagh or McDonagh/Pac. I'm in the Pac is the top prospect group and while I started out in the McDonagh is our top prospect camp, Pac has won me over and it's not even close any more at least to me. I don't expect either to ever be great players, but I do expect both to be very good nhlers but I just love what Pac brings whereas McDonagh I don't see great upside so far. That said I expect a big year from him and he should be a lock for Team USA as he should have made it last year imo. Either way it's exciting to have the two in our system.

After that it gets tricky although if Chipchura is back in the AHL then I would assume a number of people would put him there which I don't know if i would but I could see why he would be there and I'd no doubt have him in my top 5.

For the defense, most everyone will likely agree that McDo is the top D prospect, but then it's going to be all over the place. Subban, Emelin, Valentenko, Weber, Fischer and even Carle I could see people claiming as our 2nd best D prospect. Me, I love Subban's upside and I think I am higher on him then most, I think he's going to be really good in say 4 years or so.

I don't understand Carle being ranked above Valentenko though, that's a tough one for me as Valentenko was clearly the better D prospect in Hamilton and that's with a much tougher learning curve. Then again I am really high on Valentenko after not being that big of a fan of him, whereas Carle I've always liked for his puck moving skills but think he's got to get stronger and much better in his own end.

Fischer makes it tough though, as if you go on just potential then he's got to be near the top of the group since your talking about a 20 year old that's 6'5 ish and hopefully over 200 lbs this year that is really smart and moves the puck well. But if you look at what he's done in the NCAA in his first two years, there's reason for concern.

In the past I've had trouble with Weber and Carle, as they play a simaliar game, both are so skilled offensively, I have Weber higher as well but not by much and it will be telling to see if he can outdo Carle's rookie season this year. Emelin is another wild card since he's coming off a down year but in the past he was easily one of our top D prospects. Now that he's got some competition among the rest of the D prospects it's hard to saw where he fits in among the group.

The forwards you know you'll have Chipchura, Maxwell at the top behind Pac, but after that it gets tough. White, Kristo, D'Agostini, Trunev, imo should all be up there too although with Kristo/Trunev the opinions this early are at least on my part not based on a whole lot. I've had a tough time in the past with Maxwell and White, I used to always put White higher as I love the way he plays and find he's underrated around here, whereas Maxwell I think he's got more offensive skills and he's smart player that's a great skater but his style of play is not my favorite. I chose to put Maxwell higher as his upside imo is higher, in the past i had White higher as I think his game will translate better at the nhl if his skating/foot speed can be improved as he's the type that you can plug in on any line as he can do it all.

I would also add Quailer to that group but that's just me and based off next to nothing at this time. He's one of the guys I want to see in action before I put out another top 20. But even then my opinion of him won't mean much since I likely won't see too much of him (unless they change the tv coverage for college hockey which I"m not expecting other then getting the big 10 network this year for the first time, sucks I don't have espnu) I could see him being one of our better forward prospects if things go well for him at the NCAA level but it's so early yet

With Conboy and Stewart you get gritty physical wingers that will drop the gloves, not flashy but it will be interesting to see how things pan out for them. Trotter and Wyman would likely be on my top 20, Trotter sure is skilled with the puck but he's got to get a lot stronger whereas it will be interesting to see what Wyman can do in the AHL, he didn't look too good in the few AHL games last year so I hope he can do better.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 10:22 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Great work, just for other posters info, i know for a fact kostitsyn1489 took a lot of time to make this list.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 12:14 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Great stuff TY

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 12:21 AM
Airborne Troll*

Pacioretty at #2 is very surprising

Airborne Troll* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 12:23 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senators Master View Post
Pacioretty at #2 is very surprising
indeed... In my head he's miles ahead of the others... In Timmins' too, apparently...

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 04:32 PM
kostitsyn1489

Thanks Dan for your thoughts as you said it's always nice to hear about what people thinks on prospects!

I went with McDo over pac in big part cause i usually like defencemen better and when it comes to ranking players ill usually give the edge to defencemen over forward. I also really like McDonagh and i think he's somewhat undeerated here since pac gets all the love. I just hope that pacioretty wont get Higgins' syndrom and people start thinking he's gonna be a 40 goals 40 assists guy too early and then he ends up being a 60 points guy that helps in all area and brings lots of grit and people say he sucks and is expandable.

Old
09-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Haddock

Good work. Thanks!

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote