HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kaberle for a young forward

Old
09-15-2008, 05:15 PM
KesseltoLupul

vCash: 500
Kaberle for a young forward

In my opinion Kaberle is not happy with the Leafs right now. They have got rid of his best friends McCabe, Sundin, and Tucker. He has been asked to be traded and he has refused, but if he was asked again would he go?

I would think if the Leafs are going to trade him they would want a young good centre in return.

So who could fill this need for the leafs?

I just really wish that he accepted a trade at the deadline for Carter and a 1st because i would love to have carter now.

So who could it be?

Weiss?
Dubinsky?
O'Sullivan?
Koivu?
Bouchard?

KesseltoLupul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

why did you list Dubinsky, Bouchard, and Koivu?

Rangers and Minnesota dont need defensman. especially the rangers who just signed Redden and re-signed Rozsival to big contracts.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 05:20 PM
KesseltoLupul

Sorry brosif but i wasn't thinking about what teams needed d, i was just thinking about the good young centres that could be used to get kaberle

Old
09-15-2008, 05:21 PM
ronnyweed

I wasnt aware that the leafs "got rid of sundin"... if anything , sundin got rid of the leafs so far

ronnyweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 05:26 PM
TOML

If the McCabe trade is an indication of what returns Fletcher is getting right now, then Kaberle should NOT be traded until the new GM is in place. imo Not under any circumstances should he be allowed to make another move.

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 05:28 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Not sure what has changed in Leaf land that would cause Kaberle to reconsider not waiving. Leafs were among the worst teams in the league at the deadline last year when TK wouldn't waive for a trade to PHI, a team in the play-off picture.

I don't think that any of the guys you mentioned would be available. FLA, NYR & MINN are definetely light on the offense, so that reduces their desire to move a young center. O'Sullivan might not be a bad call, but I think he's more of a winger now than center, and it's tough to say what the Kings are thinking..

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 05:29 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

Kaberle's contract is a steal whereas McCabe's is something of an albatross - the type of return each player would garner is totally different, even if you think their on-ice contributions to their teams are comparable.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 05:29 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
why did you list Dubinsky, Bouchard, and Koivu?

Rangers and Minnesota dont need defensman. especially the rangers who just signed Redden and re-signed Rozsival to big contracts.
If we can move Dubinsky and some salary to get Kaberle, you have to do it.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 05:35 PM
Fabs

If you can move Kaberle at the deadline or before even if you get the right offer you do it. He'll get a great return if he ever waives his NTC.

Fabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 06:13 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy View Post
Kaberle's contract is a steal whereas McCabe's is something of an albatross - the type of return each player would garner is totally different, even if you think their on-ice contributions to their teams are comparable.
Just FYI - but McCabe will actually get paid less than Kaberle over the next 3 years, so for the teams not at the salary cap (many of them), McCabe's contract is actually MORE affordable than Kaberle. But I do get your point - Kaberle does have a great contract.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 06:21 PM
TimeZone
Swedish Sensation

Kaberle to Dallas for Brunnstrom

Last edited by TimeZone: 09-15-2008 at 06:32 PM.
TimeZone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Man Hole Inspector*

IMO Dubinsky is a 2nd line center, The leafs already have plenty of those so I cant see them going after him at all lol

Man Hole Inspector* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 06:26 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Kings aren't trading O'Sullivan unless they get young player(s) in return.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 06:31 PM
TimeZone
Swedish Sensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Kings aren't trading O'Sullivan unless they get young player(s) in return.
u wouldnt trade O'sullivan str8 up for Kaberle?

Last edited by TimeZone: 09-15-2008 at 06:37 PM.
Old
09-15-2008, 06:31 PM
Armond White
Go Sabres!

Stafford, 1st, 1st

Armond White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 06:49 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Roulette View Post
The value may be ok, but Kaberle's age (30) isn't what the Kings are looking for if they are going to move a good young forward.

The Kings are in the market for a veteran defenseman, but not at the expense of one of their young guns. Now if there are any top 4 defensemen out there on the market that are age 26 or younger, I think Lombardi would listen.

Old
09-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
The value may be ok, but Kaberle's age (30) isn't what the Kings are looking for if they are going to move a good young forward.

The Kings are in the market for a veteran defenseman, but not at the expense of one of their young guns. Now if there are any top 4 defensemen out there on the market that are age 26 or younger, I think Lombardi would listen.
You're the kings fan so you obviously know more about their interests than I do but you have to admit they could use a veteran presence on the blue line. They've got 3-4 great d prospects that could all end up being top 3 defensemen on any team, but what they lack is experience. Do you honestly want to have to count on Preissing for that? With Lubo and Blake gone they don't have much to rely on. Kaberle is a #1 defenseman so if Lombardi somehow had a deal like that on the table he should take it and run.

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Builditagain*

Leafs should make an offer sheet then work a deal for O'Sullivan,he will light it up in T.O.

Builditagain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 07:18 PM
TimeZone
Swedish Sensation

Quote:

I wouldnt trade Kaberle straight up for 0'sullivan,i think the leafs could do better that.

Old
09-15-2008, 07:47 PM
KesseltoLupul

The leafs should go after O'Sullivan, but definately not through a offer sheet. In my opinion the leafs would have to offer atleast 5 million for LA not to match, and then if they offer 5 million then they would have to give up their 1st and Lombardi would take our first and run, he would know that O'Sullivan would not put us out of the bottom 5, so he could have 2 top 5 picks. Hedman and Schenn??????!!??!?!

I would think that a Kaberle for O'Sullivan would be great for both teams. I can see that LA fans feel that Kaberle is too old, but honestly LA is going to be a great team in a couple years and Kaberle will still be the great player he is now, he would be a great mentor for their young defenseman.

He will most likely be a number 1 defenseman for the next 5 years.

Brown-Kopitar-Purcell
Frolov-Stoll-Boyle

Kaberle-Johnson
Doughty-Preissing

Antropov-Steen-Kulemin
Blake-O'Sullivan-Tlusty

Kubina-Stralman
Finger-Van Ryn

Old
09-15-2008, 07:51 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs0492 View Post
You're the kings fan so you obviously know more about their interests than I do but you have to admit they could use a veteran presence on the blue line. They've got 3-4 great d prospects that could all end up being top 3 defensemen on any team, but what they lack is experience. Do you honestly want to have to count on Preissing for that? With Lubo and Blake gone they don't have much to rely on. Kaberle is a #1 defenseman so if Lombardi somehow had a deal like that on the table he should take it and run.
No doubt the Kings could use some experience on the blue line, but I think they are looking for a short term solution. That would be an older defenseman with a one year contract that can be moved at the trade deadline.

Now if Florida ever called Lombardi about a Bouwmeester trade, I'm pretty sure Lombardi would be willing to part with O'Sullivan plus some other assets to make that deal.

Old
09-15-2008, 07:53 PM
Youngblood93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Roulette View Post
No, they traded Lubo for a reason.

Youngblood93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 07:55 PM
weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
If the McCabe trade is an indication of what returns Fletcher is getting right now, then Kaberle should NOT be traded until the new GM is in place. imo Not under any circumstances should he be allowed to make another move.
He had a pretty awesome deal centered around Carter + 1st for Kaberle before Kaberle blocked it.

weems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 07:56 PM
TimeZone
Swedish Sensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehole93 View Post
No, they traded Lubo for a reason.
whos Lubu?

Old
09-15-2008, 07:58 PM
ugotmybeef*

Man your really must be a troll jeffleafsfan, no wonder you don't show your face in the leafs forum. If you can read which apparently you can't, Kaberle didn't asked to get traded but he wasn't happy that his friends are gone. He said he'll think about moving on depending on what happens during the season.

ugotmybeef* is offline   Reply With Quote