HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Markus Näslund article (SWE). Poll: Will he succeed?

View Poll Results: Will Markus Näslund succeed as a Ranger and find a new spark on the ice?
Yes, Näslund's right, Rangers are a faster team and he has better linemates. 50 56.18%
Yes, but not because Rangers are a faster team, but because he will have better linemates. 16 17.98%
No, Rangers are as defensive as Vancouver. He'll have a hard time producing here as well. 3 3.37%
No, Rangers as a team will struggle with chemistry problems and so will Näslund. 13 14.61%
No, Näslund is a shell of his former self and nothing will get him going again. He's done. 6 6.74%
Other, please specify. 1 1.12%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old
09-13-2008, 07:32 AM
Chimp

vCash: 500
Markus Näslund article (SWE). Poll: Will he succeed?

An article on Markus Näslund has been published in Aftonbladet. He is only repeating what he has already said, but, I know many of you appreciate translated articles from other hockey nations.

High expectations. Markus Näslund chose to leave Cancouver and sign with New York Rangers. "They play with a little bit more speed. I think that will suit me", he says.

"I feel this is right"

After 12 years in Vancouver Markus Näslund chose, raising an eyebrow on one and another, to sign for New York Rangers. Now is the 35 year old "ångermanlänningen" (sort of the american equivalent of a State in Sweden) on place and contrary to what some seemed to believe he has no problems whatsoever acclimitizing in the noisy grand city New York or the glamorous Rangers.

- I think it's really great to be here. It was the right decision I made, I can feel it already, he says when we meet in the small rain outside new working place Madison Square Garden.

"Can handle myself"
"Macke" has already took care of most practical details, including a house in the luxuous Greenwich, Connecticut - and he's done it without assistance from teammates such as Henrik Lundqvist.
- After all these years I can handle my own pretty well, he smiles.
- But we got here pretty early so everything such as that could be taken care of before the hockey started. Now I can focus solely on that.

Feels a new spark
And hockey wise Näslund has high expectations on the upcoming season.
- I think and hope this will be a new start. I feel a spark I haven't felt in many years, he tells us.
-What's different compared to Vancouver is that Rangers play with a little bit more speed. I hope and think that'll fit me.

- In the Canucks it became too defensive for my taste. It's more fun when it's at least a little bit of room for creativity and spontaneous hockey and I feel like there is that here.

On his way the press conference in Madison Square Garden.

--
So, what do you think? Do you think Rangers style of play will suit him better?

edit: The first poll choice should perhaps be specified as "more fitting" linemates than "better".

Last edited by Chimp: 09-13-2008 at 07:43 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 09:30 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

He will have a better season, he does NOT have better linemates, but he is on a better TEAM.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 09:55 AM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Yes...

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 11:14 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
He will have a better season, he does NOT have better linemates, but he is on a better TEAM.
I don't we know who his linemates are yet.

09-13-2008, 11:15 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
3 no options? Kind of skews the poll, no?

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 12:48 PM
2 Late 2 Anton

Send a message via AIM to 2 Late 2 Anton Send a message via MSN to 2 Late 2 Anton
I think he'll have a good season because there's lots of people to work with on the Rangers, not necessarily better linemates, or a faster team, just a bigger cupboard, so to speak. If he doesn't click with Drury, he's got Gomez to work with, if Gomez doesn't work, he's got Zherdev, Zherdev doesn't work, put him between Dawes or Dubinsky, or heck, throw Prucha in there.

I'm going to remain very optomistic about this season, there's a lot of talented guys on this team, and all they need is some chemistry. If this team clicks, they've got three line that can score, and a really solid defense.

2 Late 2 Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

there was a press conference? i didnt know that.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 02:18 PM
Ola

Other: Better because of a "new start".

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 02:31 PM
Turambar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
there was a press conference? i didnt know that.
It was the press conference yesterday where they unveiled the "new-look Garden" model & pictures. Lundqvist, Drury, Gomez, Naslund & Redden were all there. There's articles in Newsday & the Daily News about it.

Something that jumped out at me was that Zherdev was nowhere to be found, so to speak. Seems like he wants to continue to fly under the radar.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 04:16 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I don't we know who his linemates are yet.
Well, he was playing with some good players in Vancouver.

Unless he plays with Gomez and Zherdev, and even then they are not that much better then some of the guys he was with in Vancouver.

But he is on a much better team. Which is why i believe he will have a better season individually then last year.

Old
09-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:

Unless he plays with Gomez and Zherdev, and even then they are not that much better then some of the guys he was with in Vancouver.

But he is on a much better team. Which is why i believe he will have a better season individually then last year.
Who did he play with last year, because i know he didnt play with the Sedins for the whole season, who Gomez is better than both, and Zherdev has the potential to be better.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 04:35 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:

he wasnt playing with anyone remotely close to gomez, zherdev, drury or dawes last season.....i would put them on par with sjostrom and callahan as his other two players he played with.....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 04:41 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Who did he play with last year, because i know he didnt play with the Sedins for the whole season, who Gomez is better than both, and Zherdev has the potential to be better.
Started with the Sedin's, then Raymond & Linden, then Morrison & Pettinger.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 04:45 PM
19nazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMez View Post
Started with the Sedin's, then Raymond & Linden, then Morrison & Pettinger.
The only set linemates Naslund had were the Sedin twins. And he played with them for roughly 40% of the season. The remainder of the time he was put in a blender and had new linemates every couple of games.

If Naslund gets to play and create chemistry with one of the Rangers top 2 centremen, he will succeed quite fine.

19nazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 05:15 PM
Macke*

Is Naslund under arrest in that first picture?

He'll play with linemates that are about the same or a little better then the Sedins..but the Sedins play a different style.....playing with a Gomez or Drury will help.

He should do better.

He looks good in blue... but that hurts a little bit.

Macke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 05:47 PM
ThirdEye

I'm pretty confident he won't be a bust here, but after that I don't really know. If he can somehow give us one season of 65-70 points, that would be amazing

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 06:05 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I was under the impression that he played mostly with the Sedin twins.

I know he did for a few years.

If the case was that he was relegated to playing on lower lines, then OK he may have better linemates.

I'm hoping he will be on the second line with Drury and Dubinsky, however.

Naslund - Dubinsky - Drury

Drury can still take important faceoffs.

Old
09-13-2008, 06:17 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
I was under the impression that he played mostly with the Sedin twins.

If the case was that he was relegated to playing on lower lines, then OK he may have better linemates.

I'm hoping he will be on the second line with Drury and Dubinsky, however.

Naslund - Dubinsky - Drury

Drury can still take important faceoffs.
Really? i see him being with Gomez more than Drury, due to me thinking that Drury and Zherdev would be a much better fit than Z-Gomez. i see Naslund being on a line with Gomez, and Dawes

Naslund-Gomez-Dawes
Drury-Dubinsky-Zherdev.

But you may be right, idk. i just cant wait til the season starts.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 06:33 PM
19nazzy

Quote:
He played with them for about 33% of the season 2 years ago and about 40ish% last season. Before that he almost never played with them.

Old
09-13-2008, 10:08 PM
Cherepanisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post

Naslund-Gomez-Dawes
Drury-Dubinsky-Zherdev.
i agree about seperating gomez ad zherdev, but i dont think a dubi-drury line would work too well. and dawes imo is better on the left.

dawes-drury-zherdev
naslund-gomez-prucha/sjostrom/korpikoski/callahan/semin/stamkos/shanny/sundin/gaborik

either could be the first line

gomez's right wing will be the biggest battle in training camp.

Last edited by Cherepanisimov: 09-13-2008 at 10:17 PM.
Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 01:39 AM
Tomas W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
An article on Markus Näslund has been published in Aftonbladet. He is only repeating what he has already said, but, I know many of you appreciate translated articles from other hockey nations.

High expectations. Markus Näslund chose to leave Cancouver and sign with New York Rangers. "They play with a little bit more speed. I think that will suit me", he says.

"I feel this is right"

After 12 years in Vancouver Markus Näslund chose, raising an eyebrow on one and another, to sign for New York Rangers. Now is the 35 year old "ångermanlänningen" (sort of the american equivalent of a State in Sweden) on place and contrary to what some seemed to believe he has no problems whatsoever acclimitizing in the noisy grand city New York or the glamorous Rangers.

- I think it's really great to be here. It was the right decision I made, I can feel it already, he says when we meet in the small rain outside new working place Madison Square Garden.

"Can handle myself"
"Macke" has already took care of most practical details, including a house in the luxuous Greenwich, Connecticut - and he's done it without assistance from teammates such as Henrik Lundqvist.
- After all these years I can handle my own pretty well, he smiles.
- But we got here pretty early so everything such as that could be taken care of before the hockey started. Now I can focus solely on that.

Feels a new spark
And hockey wise Näslund has high expectations on the upcoming season.
- I think and hope this will be a new start. I feel a spark I haven't felt in many years, he tells us.
-What's different compared to Vancouver is that Rangers play with a little bit more speed. I hope and think that'll fit me.

- In the Canucks it became too defensive for my taste. It's more fun when it's at least a little bit of room for creativity and spontaneous hockey and I feel like there is that here.

On his way the press conference in Madison Square Garden.

--
So, what do you think? Do you think Rangers style of play will suit him better?

edit: The first poll choice should perhaps be specified as "more fitting" linemates than "better".

Umm, no...it's not. It may be regarded as a region. We don't have states in Sweden except for "Sweden". Sorry for me going off topic, I just like to have facts right.

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 02:25 AM
Chimp

Yeah, alright, it's a only a landscape, but part of Västernorrlands Län. But it's not like it's important or anything.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 04:51 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

any idea of Naslund can play that defensive game that was so boring to play out in Vancouver? I want him to score but I also want him to backcheck.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 04:55 AM
Macke*

Since I'm here and I know there are Swedes here..

How would I order a Club Sandwich with no tomatoes in Swedish?

thx.

Macke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 04:57 AM
19nazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
any idea of Naslund can play that defensive game that was so boring to play out in Vancouver? I want him to score but I also want him to backcheck.
His defensive play has improved quite a bit playing in that style. He is certainly more defensively responsible than he was before.