HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Observation on trade ideas(warning I am ripping people here)

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2004, 11:58 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1429
Observation on trade ideas(warning I am ripping people here)

Hey--I love wackey deals and I AM THE KING OF HOCKEY GOSSIP

but some of the idea, questions, observations, and general ideas on trades are getting silly from the perspective the person giving the idea truly does not understand the teams thar are invilved. IE--Alex Kovalev to Vancouver amd IS Derrik Morris available. The last one first--Wayne G gpt traded a few times in his career---everyone is availble--If TB offered Vince L and 5 first round picks for him--would Col say no? Burke in Vancouver is a tight ass and take a look at what Alex K makes a year and years left.

I posted this before when it comes to trade ideas(and I know I am a nobody). If you have player A and you want player B, why would team B trade player B to you, or why would they trade player B at all.

Thinned skinned people

Like with Alex Z's trade from the windy city, a few people were convinced that they would get 2 first and a top pick for him. Everyone hasa the right to their position, but they must undersand that not everyone shares their opinion of a player(note to all maple leafs fans) and people must be willing to accept the fact that not every thinks that a certain player is available or wants to be traded.

Also, with this current CBA ending--- I think that the next two weeks will be fun to watch from the perspective of what teams try to dump contracts and what teams do not believe that armegeddon is coming in this league.

Old
02-24-2004, 12:00 PM
incawg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark
Burke in Vancouver is a tight ass and take a look at what Alex K makes a year and years left.
He has just over a million left to be paid on his contract and is UFA at the end of the year I understand your point, but that example is not a good one.

Old
02-24-2004, 01:47 PM
kyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark
The last one first--Wayne G gpt traded a few times in his career---everyone is availble--If TB offered Vince L and 5 first round picks for him--would Col say no?

people must be willing to accept the fact that not every thinks that a certain player is available or wants to be traded.
???????

Old
02-24-2004, 02:16 PM
punchy1

It also stands to be said that when you are making a proposal that has YOU wanting to nab a player from another team that isn't being made on offer that YOU will have to pay more than the market would normally say is fair.

I keep reading these proposals that have players of close value (occasionally) on offer and are offended when fans of the team not shopping come back with, your kidding right? This turns into a flame war and on and on.

If I wanted Pronger on my team, I would have to ridiculously overpay for him at this point in time. IF like the Caps, something changes and the team wanted to move him along or were motivated to listen to offers then yes, the price would be less. If he were a pending UFA then at this point in the season, he could be had for less.(of course, with the coming CBA this isn't exactly correct)

My point is that loads of people here make proposals and leave out the idea that if they are trying to nab talent that they should first look at the team they are trying to deal with actual needs and then reckon what it would actually take to pry the player away. The mid level roster player that you like a bit plus a mid level prospect plus a second round pick proposals for one top tier talent are getting trite and hackneyed.

That said, I am the worst at this and my proposals are on the edge of lunacy but, at least I know it.

Closed Thread