OFFICIAL - Training Camp Thread

Old
09-23-2008, 11:05 AM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3lovr View Post
pressures on Schaef tonight, because Sobotka showed he deserves that roster spot.
I love SOB, but it was one game. It would actually be in the B's best interest if SOB, Schaefer, PJ, and Noki all had strong camps, maybe it would increase the trade value of PS and PJ.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 11:18 AM
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
I love SOB, but it was one game. It would actually be in the B's best interest if SOB, Schaefer, PJ, and Noki all had strong camps, maybe it would increase the trade value of PS and PJ.
One game which showed exactly what this kid is about: speed, intensity, determination, grit, skill... in other words, exactly what this management team wants. Unless he forgets thats what hes all about in the next 2 weeks... he is on the team, and probably in the top 9.

As of right now.. I think most of us would agree that Schaef is playing elsewhere come October 9th.

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 12:28 PM
Beesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwineTickler View Post
One game which showed exactly what this kid is about: speed, intensity, determination, grit, skill... in other words, exactly what this management team wants. Unless he forgets thats what hes all about in the next 2 weeks... he is on the team, and probably in the top 9.

As of right now.. I think most of us would agree that Schaef is playing elsewhere come October 9th.
It will be hard to keep Sobotka off the roster, but at the same time, management could preserve this team's depth by sending him to Providence. This team was completely depleted by injuries last year, so it makes some sense to retain as many good players as possible. Also, it would not hurt him to spend more time honing his offensive skills on the top line, since he figures to be a checking forward in the NHL.

That said, if he plays like he did yesterday for all of camp, you cannot keep him off the roster. It wouldn't make sense to have him on the fourth line, which means I can only see two configurations:

Sobotka/Krejci/Kobasew

or

Schaeffer/Sobotka/Kobasew
Axelsson/Sobotka/Kobasew

The first one makes way more sense, given where Krejci is in his development. BUT, if Krejci doesn't register a point this preseason, and Schaeffer brings his best, David might be headed for another tour of Providence. I know, it seems impossible, but the one hole I've seen in Krejci's game is that when he disappears, he REALLY disapppears.

Beesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 01:01 PM
ckyak
Journeymen rise up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesfan View Post
... BUT, if Krejci doesn't register a point this preseason, and Schaeffer brings his best, David might be headed for another tour of Providence.
He had an assist last night.

THIRD PERIOD -- Marco Sturm 2 (Phil Kessel, David Krejci), 1:48.

ckyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 01:34 PM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwineTickler View Post

If they can trade him, probably, but I'm not sure? Let's see how the rest of the preseason plays out before we make snap judgements on players. If the B's mgmt/coaches feel after camp that SOB and Noki can replace Schaefer and PJ, than you do it because of the salaries.

Bees, I get your point about depth, but we still have not even discussed players like Thompson, Karsums, etc. If BOS was able to trade PS or PJ, I think guys like that could make the jump from PRO to the 3rd/4th line in the event of injuries. That being said, I don't thin you just give Schaefer or PJ away.

ps TT what's with the change of address? You doing grad work at UMASS or did u transfer? The campus is about 15 minutes away from me (scary thought, lol). If you are there, PM me and we can grab a beer and argue about the roster, when I can fit it in between coaching soccer.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 02:33 PM
ap3lovr

The forward line combos have been interesting this off-season, but where is Kobasew ?!?

Lucic-Savard-Ryder
Sturm-Bergeron-Kessel
Axe-Krejci-Wheeler
Schaefer-Yelle-Nokelainen
Marchand-Sobotka-Thornton
Marquardt-Sauve-Karsums
Lehtonen-Hamill-Knackstedt
Reich-Thompson-Bitz

ap3lovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 02:39 PM
iRONic™
You know; Merlot.

Quote:
The forward line combos have been interesting this off-season, but where is Kobasew ?!?
Clawed gave him the night off. Seems he bought some Elton John tickets from a Bruins fan...

iRONic™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 02:56 PM
ap3lovr

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRONic™ View Post
Clawed gave him the night off. Seems he bought some Elton John tickets from a Bruins fan...
I'll never live it down... It was a gift for my fiance...

Old
09-23-2008, 03:08 PM
WickedBruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRONic™ View Post
Well, that clears me then!

Here are some pics from Saturday if anybody wants to take a look: http://www.wickedbruinsfan.com/gallery/092008camp

Figures I played around with the settings during the rookie practice and some of those pics came out the best.

WickedBruinsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 05:12 PM
Beyonder91
Seids the Machine

thanks again for the pics!!

just wish there was some videos!

Beyonder91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 05:51 PM
sjaustin77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckyak View Post
He had an assist last night.

THIRD PERIOD -- Marco Sturm 2 (Phil Kessel, David Krejci), 1:48.
Krejci assisted on the first 2 goals of the third period according to espn and cbs sports, so he had 2 assists.

Wheeler also had an obvious one on Sobotka's first goal which is credited on those sites as well but yahoo sports didn't have.

sjaustin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 06:18 PM
MSMF117*

Just curious, how does St.Pierre look? Haven't heard anything about how this little guy is doing...

MSMF117* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

I thought Michael Strassobosco had the two assists in the first...

Kirk- NEHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 08:11 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Traing Camp Blogs

I was just wondering if there are any good Bruin training camp blogs I could follow?

thanks

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 08:58 PM
Alicat
Charge!

my sunday pics are up here: http://photos.alisonfoley.com/Galler...gallery=125057

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 12:08 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
I'll never live it down... It was a gift for my fiance...
Gift or no gift......you have to kill bin Laden with your bare hands to get your manhood back after something like this.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 12:11 PM
ap3lovr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
Gift or no gift......you have to kill bin Laden with your bare hands to get your manhood back after something like this.

I thought Tenkrat already killed Bin Laden... I really should stop getting my world news from this forum.

Old
09-24-2008, 02:12 PM
supernova

I enjoyed watching today's practice even more than any of the pre season Bruin games I've seen here in town over the years. Watched both sessions this morning and the only player I found that jumped out at me was Mike Egener. It took me a while to figure out who exactly it was, much harder when everyone is in practice jerseys. He looked really slick with the puck, confident looking, and had good size. Don't know anything about him, didn't know who I was watching but he looked good from where I was sitting. Heavy shot and good hands. More than I can say for Hnidy.
It was nice to be able to hear what Ramsey was saying at times. Said to Kessel after a 3 on 3 drill, " It just comes to you so easy."
Axelsson seemed to be hustling around more than anyone, which struck me as somewhat odd being an elder statesman and all.
Easy to tell even at a practice that Chara & Savard are the best players. I'm not Savard's biggest fan but I must admit his shot is pretty good and certainly underrated.
Thomas looked solid, didn't pay much attention to the others.
I really would like to see Marchand make the team somehow, local boy and all. Probably won't happen but I hope to see him soon.

supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Beyonder91
Seids the Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova View Post
I enjoyed watching today's practice even more than any of the pre season Bruin games I've seen here in town over the years. Watched both sessions this morning and the only player I found that jumped out at me was Mike Egener. It took me a while to figure out who exactly it was, much harder when everyone is in practice jerseys. He looked really slick with the puck, confident looking, and had good size. Don't know anything about him, didn't know who I was watching but he looked good from where I was sitting. Heavy shot and good hands. More than I can say for Hnidy.
It was nice to be able to hear what Ramsey was saying at times. Said to Kessel after a 3 on 3 drill, " It just comes to you so easy."
Axelsson seemed to be hustling around more than anyone, which struck me as somewhat odd being an elder statesman and all.
Easy to tell even at a practice that Chara & Savard are the best players. I'm not Savard's biggest fan but I must admit his shot is pretty good and certainly underrated.
Thomas looked solid, didn't pay much attention to the others.
I really would like to see Marchand make the team somehow, local boy and all. Probably won't happen but I hope to see him soon.
just want to let you know updates are really appreciated! wish i was there

were they still sticking with lucic-savard-ryder in practice?

Beyonder91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 04:59 PM
iRONic™
You know; Merlot.

Sauve sent back to juniors:

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...s/bruins_blog/

iRONic™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 06:05 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Suck, suck, suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova View Post
I'm not Savard's biggest fan but I must admit his shot is pretty good and certainly underrated.
+1 on this right here. I agree with you completely. Savard did not shoot very often last year, but he knows how to pick his spots and scored some beautiful goals last year.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 06:36 PM
dup7

Morning Skate On Thurs (25th)??

Hi Guys,

I just called Cole Harbour Place to confirm what time the team was skating before tomorrow night's game...they told me the B's are not scheduled to skate there tomorrow (thurs). Called the Metro Centre (where B's/Wings game is) and they have nothing scheduled for the morning either.
I would have to think they will be skating tomorrow before the game - does anyone have any info on that?

Thanks in advance.

dup7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 06:39 PM
MD Bruins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dup7 View Post
Hi Guys,

I just called Cole Harbour Place to confirm what time the team was skating before tomorrow night's game...they told me the B's are not scheduled to skate there tomorrow (thurs). Called the Metro Centre (where B's/Wings game is) and they have nothing scheduled for the morning either.
I would have to think they will be skating tomorrow before the game - does anyone have any info on that?

Thanks in advance.
9 am practice for game plaeyrs at Cole Harbor place is listed on the stickied training camp thread. 10:15 for non game players.

I'd go over and check that thread out to be sure. The schedule is the first post.

MD Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 06:47 PM
dup7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Bruins Fan View Post
9 am practice for game plaeyrs at Cole Harbor place is listed on the stickied training camp thread. 10:15 for non game players.

I'd go over and check that thread out to be sure. The schedule is the first post.
Is it possible that the folks at the arena just have the sched wrong?

dup7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 06:50 PM
WickedBruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dup7 View Post
Is it possible that the folks at the arena just have the sched wrong?
Double check on the Globe blog and Bish's blog. They should have some kind of update there tonight.

WickedBruinsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote