HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor - Cbj

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-16-2008, 01:28 PM
  #1
Selanne08*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,899
vCash: 500
Tor - Cbj

Tor:
Brassard
1st 09
2nd 09

Clb:
Antropov
Kaberle

Serious rebuilding for Toronto...

Columbus makes the playoffs for the first time.

Selanne08* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 01:36 PM
  #2
hockeyfan99ss*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne08 View Post
Tor:
Brassard
1st 09
2nd 09

Clb:
Antropov
Kaberle

Serious rebuilding for Toronto...

Columbus makes the playoffs for the first time.
i dont know much about brassard, but unless the kid is the next coming of crosby its MASSIVE overpayment by toronto.

kaberles value is basically "very good young player, stud prospect, first rounder"

and antropov is basically worth a first rounder.

so just for kaberle your proposal is undervalue provided brassard is a stud young player, but including antropov your basically robbing this team.. did you want toskala and steen with your rapage today?

and like you said, they will make the playoffs, meaning we wont even get a top10 pick out of it. massive overpayment

hockeyfan99ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 01:42 PM
  #3
Selanne08*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan99ss View Post
i dont know much about brassard, but unless the kid is the next coming of crosby its MASSIVE overpayment by toronto.

kaberles value is basically "very good young player, stud prospect, first rounder"

and antropov is basically worth a first rounder.

so just for kaberle your proposal is undervalue provided brassard is a stud young player, but including antropov your basically robbing this team.. did you want toskala and steen with your rapage today?

and like you said, they will make the playoffs, meaning we wont even get a top10 pick out of it. massive overpayment
I think it goes something like...
Crosby
Towes
Brassard.

But I am not sure. Maybe another prospect going to Toronto.

Selanne08* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 01:56 PM
  #4
LEIFey
Context Matters!
 
LEIFey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 7,293
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan99ss View Post
i dont know much about brassard, but unless the kid is the next coming of crosby its MASSIVE overpayment by toronto.

kaberles value is basically "very good young player, stud prospect, first rounder"
and antropov is basically worth a first rounder.

so just for kaberle your proposal is undervalue provided brassard is a stud young player, but including antropov your basically robbing this team.. did you want toskala and steen with your rapage today?

and like you said, they will make the playoffs, meaning we wont even get a top10 pick out of it. massive overpayment
hockey players don't generally have such an arbitrary assignment of value. if a team really needs him, they'll pay that or more. if not, they won't. also, timing is important, a la trade deadline. kaberle is a great player and a top 10 defenseman in this league, but i don't know how many teams would pay that for him at this time.

i also don't know if anyone would pay a 1st rounder for antropov, unless it was low (25-30).

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 01:59 PM
  #5
SLAPSHOT723
Moderator
Officer Clutterbuck
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 16,596
vCash: 500
alright leafs fans you done?


first of all, a HUGE no from columbus's standpoint. Brassard his highly touted by them and they want to develop him into Nash's future centre, and can be a future 60+ point guy. Columbus doesn't need antropov either, they have a very reasonable top 6 right now (or at least for the next 3 years):

Huselius-Umberger-Nash
Filatov-Brassard-Torres/Voracek

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan99ss View Post
i dont know much about brassard, but unless the kid is the next coming of crosby its MASSIVE overpayment by toronto.

kaberles value is basically "very good young player, stud prospect, first rounder"

and antropov is basically worth a first rounder.

so just for kaberle your proposal is undervalue provided brassard is a stud young player, but including antropov your basically robbing this team.. did you want toskala and steen with your rapage today?

and like you said, they will make the playoffs, meaning we wont even get a top10 pick out of it. massive overpayment
you're overvaluing your leafs, antropov is not worth "a first rounder alone", and kaberle is not worth "very good young player, a stud prospect, and a first rounder". if they're so good why do you want to trade them away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne08 View Post
I think it goes something like...
Crosby
Towes
Brassard.

But I am not sure. Maybe another prospect going to Toronto.
it's already overpayment from columbus, why would they have to give up another prospect? for this trade you're going to have to give up your first rounder too


i dont get leafs fans


Last edited by SLAPSHOT723: 09-16-2008 at 02:52 PM.
SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 02:00 PM
  #6
Please
Registered User
 
Please's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 915
vCash: 500
Take off antropov...or add another 1st

Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 02:21 PM
  #7
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne08 View Post
Tor:
Brassard
1st 09
2nd 09

Clb:
Antropov
Kaberle

Serious rebuilding for Toronto...

Columbus makes the playoffs for the first time.
Brutal.

Nash has to be coming back for Kabs...lol

Columbus doesn't have the assets for Kabs

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 02:53 PM
  #8
johnny canuckistan
Registered User
 
johnny canuckistan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,139
vCash: 500
Leafs management would jump through hoops to close this deal, but I'm not sure Kabs would waive his NTC.

Having said that: Fair value for both teams, in my opinion. Leafs have no real need for Kaberle right now, since they didn't trade Kubina. Brassard is a gem, and would compliment John Tavares brilliantly. Great proposal.

johnny canuckistan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 02:58 PM
  #9
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?
 
Nizdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,200
vCash: 500
Kaberle should get a 1st + Top prospect/Good young roster player

Antropov should garner a late 1st, or good top-6 forward.

This is ripping Toronto off, quite thoroughly

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 03:01 PM
  #10
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
Kaberle should get a 1st + Top prospect/Good young roster player

Antropov should garner a late 1st, or good top-6 forward.

This is ripping Toronto off, quite thoroughly
Brassad is a top prospect, and a 1st. Antropov wont get a 1st round from a team that can go anywhere from the #1 pick to the #22 pick. it just wont happen, i think its an OVERPAYMENT by columbus. jeez some of you leafs fans are delusional.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 03:07 PM
  #11
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn
 
Modo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,637
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Brutal.

Nash has to be coming back for Kabs...lol

Columbus doesn't have the assets for Kabs
Surely you jest, good sir.

There would be riots in the streets of Columbus if Nash was even OFFERED for Kaberle.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 03:08 PM
  #12
Selanne08*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny canuckistan View Post
Leafs management would jump through hoops to close this deal, but I'm not sure Kabs would waive his NTC.

Having said that: Fair value for both teams, in my opinion. Leafs have no real need for Kaberle right now, since they didn't trade Kubina. Brassard is a gem, and would compliment John Tavares brilliantly. Great proposal.
For once someone understands my logic.

Selanne08* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 03:09 PM
  #13
Squeaky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
Kaberle should get a 1st + Top prospect/Good young roster player

Antropov should garner a late 1st, or good top-6 forward.

This is ripping Toronto off, quite thoroughly
Whaaaaa?

You think Antropov + Kaberle is worth a 1st, a late 1st and a top prospect.

The return is a 1st, a top prospect and a 2nd.

The difference between a late 1st and a 2nd makes this a thorough rip off? Seriously?

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 03:11 PM
  #14
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?
 
Nizdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Brassad is a top prospect, and a 1st. Antropov wont get a 1st round from a team that can go anywhere from the #1 pick to the #22 pick. it just wont happen, i think its an OVERPAYMENT by columbus. jeez some of you leafs fans are delusional.
How is this delusional? Brassard is a top prosepect, yes. There is a 1st, yes. Okay, so we have Kaberle covered. What's left? Antropov for a late 2nd? Yup, thats Toronto's best forward, and we'll trade him for a late 2nd. No, thanks for trying to help us out though.

Please, help me find out where I'm being delusional.

Kaberle = Brassard + 1st
Antropov > 2nd

Now, we can see that value-wise, it is not in Toronto's favor. Where is Toronto's incentive to deal its best forward and best D-man? Oh yeah, an overpayment, well... We don't have one here, except in CLB's favor.

Where is CLB's incentive to make this trade? Antropov is an immediate upgrade on Brassard for the 2nd line, and Kaberle is an immense upgrade on their defense. Putting them in the perfect position to make the playoffs, for the first time (they are not rebuilding, so I think they would be very willing to sacrifice some future for 2 under-30 players of this caliber).

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 03:12 PM
  #15
Man Hole Inspector*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny canuckistan View Post
Leafs management would jump through hoops to close this deal, but I'm not sure Kabs would waive his NTC.

Having said that: Fair value for both teams, in my opinion. Leafs have no real need for Kaberle right now, since they didn't trade Kubina. Brassard is a gem, and would compliment John Tavares brilliantly. Great proposal.
Don't get me wrong Brassard is a good prospect but it would make no sense for toronto to get him. Honestly I think he will become a very good 2nd liner but he isnt a blue chip first liner. Sure the 1st and 2nd are good especially for a rebuilding team but to throw in Antropov as well makes no sense. We trade sadly our top forward (who is pretty decent all around) and our top defenseman for Brassard + 1st + 2nd? Toronto would want more no doubt. Huge overpayment considering the Boyle deal as well as what the flyers offered (Carter+1st). The leaf definatley say no, Brassard isnt a legit great prospect..So really a top 10 defenseman in the NHL for a prospect+ 2 early picks isnt really secure for a player like Kaberle. And to your point about brassard complimenting tavaras, thats kinda hard with them playing the same position. If columbus wants Kaberle start with Voracek/Filatov

Man Hole Inspector* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 03:14 PM
  #16
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?
 
Nizdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
Whaaaaa?

You think Antropov + Kaberle is worth a 1st, a late 1st and a top prospect.

The return is a 1st, a top prospect and a 2nd.

The difference between a late 1st and a 2nd makes this a thorough rip off? Seriously?
Please refer to my last post above Toronto's motivation to deal any form of offense on the team for a 2nd line prospect + picks.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 03:15 PM
  #17
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
How is this delusional? Brassard is a top prosepect, yes. There is a 1st, yes. Okay, so we have Kaberle covered. What's left? Antropov for a late 2nd? Yup, thats Toronto's best forward, and we'll trade him for a late 2nd. No, thanks for trying to help us out though.

Please, help me find out where I'm being delusional.

Kaberle = Brassard + 1st
Antropov > 2nd

Now, we can see that value-wise, it is not in Toronto's favor. Where is Toronto's incentive to deal its best forward and best D-man? Oh yeah, an overpayment, well... We don't have one here, except in CLB's favor.

Where is CLB's incentive to make this trade? Antropov is an immediate upgrade on Brassard for the 2nd line, and Kaberle is an immense upgrade on their defense. Putting them in the perfect position to make the playoffs, for the first time (they are not rebuilding, so I think they would be very willing to sacrifice some future for 2 under-30 players of this caliber).
you honestly think that Columbus' 2nd rounder will be a late one? if i were a leaf fan, i'd want you guys to stockpile on draft picks. its time to re-build, yet you dont want any 2nd rounders or 3rd rounders, ect. What are you guys gonna do when you only have 2 picks in this years draft total?

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 03:17 PM
  #18
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 21,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Brassad is a top prospect, and a 1st. Antropov wont get a 1st round from a team that can go anywhere from the #1 pick to the #22 pick. it just wont happen, i think its an OVERPAYMENT by columbus. jeez some of you leafs fans are delusional.
If this was offered, Coumbus would jump on it. Kaberle is a top 10 defencemen in the league. Phili offered Jeff Carter and a 1st ALONE for Kaberle. Who's delusional?

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 03:19 PM
  #19
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?
 
Nizdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
you honestly think that Columbus' 2nd rounder will be a late one? if i were a leaf fan, i'd want you guys to stockpile on draft picks. its time to re-build, yet you dont want any 2nd rounders or 3rd rounders, ect. What are you guys gonna do when you only have 2 picks in this years draft total?
Sure, I'm not against stockpiling draft picks, but when you start trading away 2nd liners for 2nd/3rd rounders, which are very rarely going to amount to what you traded away, you set the stage for a perpetual rebuild of trading away anyone above the age of 30.

Antropov still has a good 5+ years of hockey in him, Kaberle, probably close to 8 years. Toronto will become competitive in that time, we'll keep our #1 D-man, and a great 2-way player. Regardless of how bad we need those 2nd rounders

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 03:19 PM
  #20
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 21,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
you honestly think that Columbus' 2nd rounder will be a late one? if i were a leaf fan, i'd want you guys to stockpile on draft picks. its time to re-build, yet you dont want any 2nd rounders or 3rd rounders, ect. What are you guys gonna do when you only have 2 picks in this years draft total?
You're right. Let's trade our top players for just a draft pick or so.. They are valuable you know. Just because you're rebuilding you don't trade a very good 30 year old for scraps.

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 03:28 PM
  #21
MuffinMan*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,638
vCash: 500
IF Kaberle is ever traded, I have a feeling every Leaf fan will be upset because the trade will show what his true value is, not what they think it is.

MuffinMan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 03:31 PM
  #22
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 21,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMan15 View Post
IF Kaberle is ever traded, I have a feeling every Leaf fan will be upset because the trade will show what his true value is, not what they think it is.
His trade value is very high, by the way.. You're saying you wouldn't give up much for a top 10 d-man?

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 03:35 PM
  #23
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?
 
Nizdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMan15 View Post
IF Kaberle is ever traded, I have a feeling every Leaf fan will be upset because the trade will show what his true value is, not what they think it is.
Thats odd, because I have the feelings all of HF will erupt in chaos as the Leafs win a trade.

Everyone always uses the line "trades now are based on the contract as much as the players involved" to tell me how worthless Leaf players are. Well guess what? Kaberle has both elite skill and an elite contract. The return will be high, believe you-me.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 03:39 PM
  #24
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 21,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
Thats odd, because I have the feelings all of HF will erupt in chaos as the Leafs win a trade.

Everyone always uses the line "trades now are based on the contract as much as the players involved" to tell me how worthless Leaf players are. Well guess what? Kaberle has both elite skill and an elite contract. The return will be high, believe you-me.
Exactly. A cap hit of 4.25 million for Kaberle? His value is VERY high. Quality player + 4.25 cap hit = very good return.

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 03:46 PM
  #25
madpooh
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 783
vCash: 200
I would be surprised if Columbus would do this deal. Brassard is not just another prospect he is one of the top prospects in the NHL (14th according to HF). He was a top 6 pick. Guys like that usually don't get traded unless there is a major stall in there development. Also he still has 2 years before he's even RFA.

By the way on the Kaberle for Carter and a 1st. One of the reasons Philly was going to do the deal is they were going to lose either Carter or Umberger.

madpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.