HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-Phili

Old
09-16-2008, 03:57 PM
mapes

vCash: 500
Tor-Phili

I believe these 2 teams will be working out a deal this year. What about a deal like this (at the trade deadline):

To Phili:

Kaberle
Kubina

To Toronto:

Jeff Carter
1st in '09
2nd in '09

Last year it was Carter + a 1st and I believe Kaberle wouldn't get AS MUCH because he played 1 less year than he was going to. I think there would be a better chance packaging Kubina and Kaberle together to make them want to leave. Plus, Kubina almost waived it last year and I'm under the impression Kaberle may accept a trade.

This trade wouldn't be done until February or whenever the deadline is.

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 04:39 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

So you're expecting the cap to raise ten million dollars by February.

kmad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 04:39 PM
camperjr

If the leafs are serious about rebuilding I could see this. I would hate to see Kaberle go though. This wouldn't fit under the phillies cap though.

camperjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 04:42 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

the flyers wont do this because before the trade deadline carter wasn't really producing as well as he should have. after the deadline, he produced as many points as he the flyers expected from him. now the he's resigned by the flyers and has no reason to be traded anywhere now. try in free agency if the leafs want carter.

and i thought the whole reason the leafs wanted to trade kaberle was because they didnt trade kubina

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 05:03 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Flyers would have to send another 5M in salary the other way, which would probably mean Knuble and others, and at that point it's just not worth it, and I don't want Carter to go anyway.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 06:01 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
I believe these 2 teams will be working out a deal this year. What about a deal like this (at the trade deadline):

To Phili:

Kaberle
Kubina

To Toronto:

Jeff Carter
1st in '09
2nd in '09

Last year it was Carter + a 1st and I believe Kaberle wouldn't get AS MUCH because he played 1 less year than he was going to. I think there would be a better chance packaging Kubina and Kaberle together to make them want to leave. Plus, Kubina almost waived it last year and I'm under the impression Kaberle may accept a trade.

This trade wouldn't be done until February or whenever the deadline is.
That just isn't possible. Philly is over the cap right now but a bit as it is... they can't take on any more salary. How about (asuming dudes waive their no trade clauses)

How about Carter and Knuble for Kaberle + Steen?

Leafs get a better guy to put at center and can still can sundin... plus they get Knuble for a year. Steen can play on the 3rd line for Philly and philly gets a really good offensive defenseman for 3 years.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 06:05 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
That just isn't possible. Philly is over the cap right now but a bit as it is... they can't take on any more salary. How about (asuming dudes waive their no trade clauses)

Leafs get a better guy to put at center and can still can sundin... plus they get Knuble for a year. Steen can play on the 3rd line for Philly and philly gets a really good offensive defenseman for 3 years.
Ya, I didn't realize they were when I posted. I knew Carter and Kubina made the same but I didn't think they were close or especially over the cap.

As for your deal, it's not bad. I'd be sad to see my 2 favorite Leafs (assuming Mats isn't here) leave in 1 deal. But I don't think it's far off.

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 06:26 PM
ELab2

That's way to much salary coming to Philadelphia. You'd need to take some defense back including salary.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 06:57 PM
Quik
Agent 0091

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post

Kaberle's value, while not seperated by as much as a 1st from Carter is still higher because of his contract. And Steen's value is higher than Knuble's. Maybe a Kaberle + Poni for Carter + Knuble, but Steen is worth more to us than Knuble, and he'd be getting top minutes vs. the 3rd line minutes he'd get with Philly.

Quik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 07:16 PM
Airborne Troll*

Good proposal

Best one in a long time

Airborne Troll* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 08:27 PM
All_blueandwhite

Depends on Carter's production this season. 5 mil for someone whos career high is 53 points (typo, settle down), has a garbage attitude, and no heart, not my kind of player.

If he puts up 60+ points this season, i'd for sure do it. But if his production goes down again, i'd look elsewhere.

Also, i'd rather deal them seperately. Kubina could bring in a decent return to a team wanting his services at the deadline.

How about

To PHI
Kaberle

To TOR
Carter
2nd round pick
4th round pick

Carter, a late 2nd, and a late 4th for Kabs. replenishes missing picks for the leafs. PHI saves cap space in the deal as well. Again, this all depends on Carter's prouction next season.

Last edited by All_blueandwhite: 09-16-2008 at 09:34 PM.
All_blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 08:32 PM
sievea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_blueandwhite View Post
Depends on Carter's production this season. 5 mil for someone whos career high is 55 points, has a garbage attitude, and no heart,not my kind of player.
what the hell?

sievea* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 08:37 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Depends on Carter's production this season. 5 mil for someone whos career high is 55 points, has a garbage attitude, and no heart, not my kind of player.
Talking about Leafs team there?

Last edited by Kaktus*: 09-16-2008 at 09:17 PM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 09:13 PM
ELab2

Quote:
Depends on Carter's production this season. 5 mil for someone whos career high is 55 points, has a garbage attitude, and no heart, not my kind of player.

If he puts up 60+ points this season, i'd for sure do it. But if his production goes down again, i'd look elsewhere.

Also, i'd rather deal them seperately. Kubina could bring in a decent return to a team wanting his services at the deadline.

How about

To PHI
Kaberle

To TOR
Carter
2nd round pick
4th round pick

Carter, a late 2nd, and a late 4th for Kabs. replenishes missing picks for the leafs. PHI saves cap space in the deal as well. Again, this all depends on Carter's prouction next season.
You have no idea what your talking about. And frankly at this point there is ZERO chance that the Flyers trade Carter for Kaberle

Old
09-16-2008, 09:33 PM
All_blueandwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
You have no idea what your talking about. And frankly at this point there is ZERO chance that the Flyers trade Carter for Kaberle
and you say we overrate our players

Old
09-16-2008, 09:36 PM
ELab2

Quote:
it's not an issue of value. I agree that Kaberle has more value than Carter, it doesn't mean that it's going to happen.

Old
09-16-2008, 09:42 PM
SaveByHexy

I've always wondered why so many Canadians use the spelling "Phili'? Can someone explain this?

SaveByHexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 09:51 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Yeah.. I wonder what you will say a year from now when Carter actually scores 60pts.

because 7 something points is what separates overrated Carter from a good player in your opinion.

Makes me wonder how many Leafs players will actually score 60 pts next year if Sundin goes else where. Will anyone score 50pts?

Quote:
You do that

Last edited by Kaktus*: 09-16-2008 at 10:01 PM.
Old
09-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Sneekypete

Quote:
Depends on Carter's production this season. 5 mil for someone whos career high is 53 points (typo, settle down), has a garbage attitude, and no heart, not my kind of player.

How about

To PHI
Kaberle

To TOR
Carter
2nd round pick
4th round pick

Another leaf fan trying to make there entire fan base look bad.So a kid that carried the Flyers when there top gun was down has no heart.
That is almost like saying Lemiuex really didn`t have cancer.

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2008, 10:19 PM
All_blueandwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Yeah.. I wonder what you will say a year from now when Carter actually scores 60pts.

because 7 something points is what separates overrated Carter from a good player in your opinion.

Makes me wonder how many Leafs players will actually score 60 pts next year if Sundin goes else where. Will anyone score 50pts?

You do that
oh wow you acually took that literally..

what i was getting at is that if his production does improve, sure its a good trade imo

if it goes back to what it was before the late season stink, some may question wether he will reach his potential.

Old
09-16-2008, 10:20 PM
All_blueandwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploplopfizzfizz View Post
Another leaf fan trying to make there entire fan base look bad.So a kid that carried the Flyers when there top gun was down has no heart.
That is almost like saying Lemiuex really didn`t have cancer.
how many players take their level of play up a notch on contract years? and the fact that he waited until the end of the season to do it..

EDIT: is anyone going to comment on my trade proposal or r we all just gonna try and rip me up? and none of this "zero chance of it happening even though kaberle is better". just do it on value

Old
09-16-2008, 10:22 PM
ELab2

Quote:
how many players take their level of play up a notch on contract years? and the fact that he waited until the end of the season to do it..

EDIT: is anyone going to comment on my trade proposal or r we all just gonna try and rip me up?
people commented. The money doesn't come close to working and that'll be about 11 defensemen on the Flyers roster

Old
09-16-2008, 10:25 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
if it goes back to what it was before the late season stink, some may question wether he will reach his potential.
I guess you expected Carter to carry Flyers team a year before.

Check Carters PPG in every single season and sheeeeeeeesh.

Old
09-16-2008, 10:26 PM
All_blueandwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
people commented. The money doesn't come close to working and that'll be about 11 defensemen on the Flyers roster
i wasn't the OP..

Quote:

To PHI
Kaberle

To TOR
Carter
2nd round pick
4th round pick

Old
09-16-2008, 10:30 PM
ELab2

Quote:
i wasn't the OP..
oh yeah, ok sorry. Like I said the Flyers ARE NOT going to trade Carter for Kaberle, not even straight up I would bet. Like I said I don't think it's a value issue. They could have done this deal at the beginning of the offseason before going through all that contract stuff with Carter and they didn't for a reason.

If they move Carter it's going to be for defenseman of a similar age that's on the upswing and is already a #3 or better. And the only guy whose MAYBE going to available at some point that fits that description is Bouwmeester