HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

This World Gets Worse Everyday

Old
09-17-2008, 10:03 PM
MonacoBlue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeMonkeyLikesYou View Post
If that is yur stance then why has the method worked in other countries?
Arms aren't as big a part of their culture. Canada isn't as big on guns as the United States, but it's still a part of Canadian life, especially for farmers. Not to mention, in North America, an unarmed cop is seen as a bit of a joke. Just think of the security guards.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 10:06 PM
Boilers*

I figure if you have to have a gun you need a deep psychological evaluation. If you pass, then and only then do you get a permit to carry a gun. Even then it can't be a friggin' handgun, somehow handguns turn people into raging retards.

Boilers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 10:08 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilers View Post
I figure if you have to have a gun you need a deep psychological evaluation. Then and only then do you get a gun.
Why stop at that? What else are people going to need psych evaluations for? I have respect for psychiatrists, but I don't want them prying into my affairs and affecting my emotions just so I can own something.

Old
09-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Boilers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONACOBLUE View Post
Why stop at that? What else are people going to need psych evaluations for? I have respect for psychiatrists, but I don't want them prying into my affairs and affecting my emotions just so I can own something.
Nope just for weapons purchases. You got a problem with being evaluated then I got a problem with you owning a gun.

Old
09-17-2008, 10:14 PM
CodeMonkeyLikesYou

Australia has a lot of farmers too. And those that want them have to have a special licence.

I can't understand how anyone would think that if you outlawed guns then it would have no affect. That means that anyone caught with a gun could be convicted for it. And while there would still be guns, you would see a lot less.

CodeMonkeyLikesYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 10:18 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilers View Post
Nope just for weapons purchases. You got a problem with being evaluated then I got a problem with you owning a gun.
What's stopping people from killing each other with knives, though? How about machetes? Crossbows? Pikes? Or how about brass knuckles? Making people take psych tests for guns will not stop people from hurting each other if that's really their intention.

Old
09-17-2008, 10:20 PM
CodeMonkeyLikesYou

Quote:
What's stopping people from killing each other with knives, though? How about machetes? Crossbows? Pikes? Or how about brass knuckles? Making people take psych tests for guns will not stop people from hurting each other if that's really their intention.
No, but no one killed 20 people from a clock tower with some brass knuckles.

Old
09-17-2008, 10:27 PM
Boilers*

Quote:

Well, and just how many stray arrows kill people each day? Also how many children have been killed while showing off a knife and it accidentally 'went off'?

Old
09-17-2008, 10:29 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
No, but no one killed 20 people from a clock tower with some brass knuckles.
And how often does that happen? Most people can't even pick up a gun and load it properly (not to mention turn off the safety). They can't aim it properly to hit more than 1 person let alone 20. A guy with a sniper rifle in a clock tower who kills 20 is clearly mentally imbalanced, yet proficient with a weapon. It's highly likely that he would been able to get a sniper rifle even if there was stricter gun control.

Old
09-17-2008, 10:36 PM
Loose Sens
Drafting my Overalls

As long as there are restrictions on handguns, semi-automatic and automatic guns, I'm fine with giving adults access to hunting rifles.

Loose Sens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 10:38 PM
CodeMonkeyLikesYou

Okay . . . by the logic being spouted here . . . there is no point making guns illegal because . . . people will do it anyway. Right . . . then let's legalise marijuana, heroin, **** . . . I mean . . . people are going to do it anyway, right?

Old
09-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Loose Sens
Drafting my Overalls

Quote:
then let's legalise marijuana, heroin, **** . . . I mean . . . people are going to do it anyway, right?
Marijuana can be debated.

Loose Sens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 10:40 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Okay . . . by the logic being spouted here . . . there is no point making guns illegal because . . . people will do it anyway. Right . . . then let's legalise marijuana, heroin, **** . . . I mean . . . people are going to do it anyway, right?
All fine with me. Legalise prostitution while you're at it, actually. Don't see anyone getting hurt in Nevada, except for some crazy religious kooks.

Old
09-17-2008, 10:41 PM
CodeMonkeyLikesYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projected View Post
Marijuana can be debated.
And I would debate, strongly, against it's legalisation.

Old
09-17-2008, 10:47 PM
Airborne Troll*

Wow, your title is appropriate

I can't believe that it keeps happening

I'm pretty sure it was a rejected guy that seeked vengeance

Let's pray for the young guy that got shot

Hopefully, he'll be okay

Airborne Troll* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 01:13 AM
Boilers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projected View Post
As long as there are restrictions on handguns, semi-automatic and automatic guns, I'm fine with giving adults access to hunting rifles.
Agreed.

Old
09-18-2008, 05:18 AM
Zata

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE7 View Post
.....here ya go.

It's time to grow up and realize **** happens. Kids are kids.

Even better coming from the "oh so your dog got it's head blown off, **** happens, move on to the next day" guy.
Forgive me for having a mix of learning disabilities and depression. I don't have alot of sympathy anybody. In cases where there is a bully (or guy trying to rob the guy) I have no sympathy for either case, the bully that got shot, if he dies he dies, don't go about ruining other peoples lives. The guy who shot him (did he kill himself after, don't remember) if he's still alive will sit in prison for a while, which he deserves. As for the kid with cancer.. ****** situation for him, much, much worse off than I am, but thats life, you get dealt your cards and have to play them.

I try to push away as many emotions out of my life as possible, because any emotions I have simply cause pain. Maybe I shouldn't be sharing my views on stuff like this online here, but sometimes its tough to read a topic and then not reply.

There is no justification for bullying however. Kids being kids isn't an excuse. Trying to push people around all your life, making other peoples lives worse.. is a choice. To get shot for doing so, what goes around comes around. By the age that someone realizes they can use a gun to get out of their problems surely they are old enough to realize that what they are doing is hurting others for no good reason. Did they think that that person was going to take it their entire life? Sometimes you can't fight back. How can you take down someone bigger than you who has more friends? From a young age (at least at the schools I went to) they didn't acknowledge bullying, they just let the kids keep doing it. You learn that there is no point in turning to someone. I have no sympathy for a bullying getting killed. When innocent people get hit it's a horrible thing however.

Zata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2008, 09:01 AM
CodeMonkeyLikesYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by #8=#1 View Post
Forgive me for having a mix of learning disabilities and depression. I don't have alot of sympathy anybody. In cases where there is a bully (or guy trying to rob the guy) I have no sympathy for either case, the bully that got shot, if he dies he dies, don't go about ruining other peoples lives. The guy who shot him (did he kill himself after, don't remember) if he's still alive will sit in prison for a while, which he deserves. As for the kid with cancer.. ****** situation for him, much, much worse off than I am, but thats life, you get dealt your cards and have to play them.

I try to push away as many emotions out of my life as possible, because any emotions I have simply cause pain. Maybe I shouldn't be sharing my views on stuff like this online here, but sometimes its tough to read a topic and then not reply.

There is no justification for bullying however. Kids being kids isn't an excuse. Trying to push people around all your life, making other peoples lives worse.. is a choice. To get shot for doing so, what goes around comes around. By the age that someone realizes they can use a gun to get out of their problems surely they are old enough to realize that what they are doing is hurting others for no good reason. Did they think that that person was going to take it their entire life? Sometimes you can't fight back. How can you take down someone bigger than you who has more friends? From a young age (at least at the schools I went to) they didn't acknowledge bullying, they just let the kids keep doing it. You learn that there is no point in turning to someone. I have no sympathy for a bullying getting killed. When innocent people get hit it's a horrible thing however.
Sometimes it IS just kids being kids. I was picked on in highschool until I did something drastic like cutting my hand open with a razor and flinging the blood at people, at which point they realised I was too crazy to screw with.

Bullying sucks and yes it destroys lives . . . but some people DO grow out of that. I was bullied pretty hard by a girl called Kristy Wright, a real tough *****. I really despised her. About 7 months ago she added me on myspace and told me she was a mother now and that she was really sorry for however she treated me in highschool.

People do grow up, they don't deserve to die for it.

Old
09-19-2008, 12:29 PM
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobias Industries View Post
Ahh the guns vs. cars argument...among the dumbest pro-gun reasoning I could think of...

Well it's true, I do rely on my gun for commuting....
And I do rely on my gun for self-defense, but I suppose I could use a knife if you'll ride a bike or I'll just call the police if you don't mind calling a cab.

Charlie Milles* is offline   Reply With Quote